Chapter 11

2 in 1...BODY

Chapter 11

calvin and hebe story2.the kiss

(Hebe’s POV)
I woke up with a massive headache, I drank some painkiller before I left for rehearsal. I thought last night seeing Chen Yi Ru again, he was still so handsome. However, he changed… when I got to school, I saw Aaron all by himself. He’s been distant lately, when I talked to him he would say he was busy. But still, I walked by him and sat next to him.
“hey, sweetie.” I tried my best to cheer him up but only a small smile appeared on his face.
“hey.” He took our his water bottle and started drinking.
“how come you looked bothered?” I tried to hide my sad face.
“I… I’m tired lately, I’ve been helping Selina out with her ballet things…” he was obviously lying, I spoke to Selina 2 nights ago. I asked her if she’s been hanging with Aaron, but she said Aaron haven’t visit here since the first day she start practicing. I felt so upset and angry, why is Aaron lying? But, I love him, I don’t want to loose him, so I decided to keep up with him no matter what. We’ve been like this for awhile now, but it gotten worse when he got into an accident last time. I wasn’t focusing on dancing anymore, I remembered what Chen Yi Ru told me that he finally became a danseur. I’m so proud of him even though, I was laughing at him last night. We both dreamt to be a famous danseur and ballerina but I lost contact with few years after he left for Canada because I met Aaron and I became busy with him. I realized that I gave up my ballerina audition to just join Aaron’s dance crew and I felt unhappy but I was in love with Aaron.
Finally rehearsal was over, Aaron didn’t talk to me. He just went straight home, so I just let him be. When I got out from the lift, I saw Selina with Chen Yi Ru, that’s weird, they know each other?
“SEL!!!!” I ran to my best friend I haven’t seen for awhile.
“HEBS!!!!” she opened her arms to accept my hug. We both turned to the surprised Chen Yi Ru.
“oh, Chen ge, this is Hebe, my best friend.” I laughed, Selina turned to me with a question mark.
“Selina, he’s Chen Chen I was talking about before. My childhood best friend.” I patted Chen Yi Ru’s back.
“aiyo, Hebe don’t call me Chen Chen. We’re grown up now. Call me Calvin.” He complained, though he was wearing a suit, I could still see the naughty Chen Yi Ru.
“whatever! By the way, why are you here?” I looked back to Selina.
“oh, I forced Chen Ge to bring me here to see you. I saw Aaron came out just now, how come he’s not walking you home?” she knows Aaron always walked me home, she looked worried.
“nothing, he’s been busy lately. Anyways, where are you heading?” I changed the subject.
“lunch, and I want you to come!!!!” she pulled me into Calvin’s car. While Calvin chuckled, and drove off.
We got to an expensive Italian cuisine I used to go when I was younger.
“Just order what you want, it’s my treat.” Calvin smiled. He such a gentleman.
“you shouldn’t have said that.” I joked, he was confused of what I meant. After the lunch meeting with them, Calvin finally understood why. I ordered 2 appetizer, 2 main dishes and 3 different desserts. It probably cost him a fortune, but who cared he only swiped card then signed the receipt after that finish.
“Hey, Chen Ge I have to run back, can you bring Hebe home? Thanks!!!” she waved to us and disappeared from the corner before Calvin can protest.
“you know you don’t have to bring me home.” I said as I turned around. He pulled me by my forearm, stopping me.
“it’s my duty to bring you home period.” He ordered and pulled me into his car. Half the ride was quiet until I start pressing random buttons on the radio station, after that a upbeat started to play. I dance in the rhythm while Calvin just rolled his eye.
“have you tried having fun?” I crossed my rams seeing his reaction towards my dancing. He didn’t answered my question.
“hey. Are you free tonight?” I asked.
“why?” he finally talked.
“I have some catching up to do.” We already arrived at my house.
“pick me up tonight at 6. I’ll bring you somewhere I usually hand and you’ll bring me somewhere you usually hang, ok?” I said as I walked to my house gate.
“fine.” He said simply and went in his car without another word. Time passed so fast because I was sleeping soundly in my room, I realized that was nearly 6. I got up and changed to a silver dress that only reached to my thighs, and a pair of black stilettos. I heard the bell rang and ran outside without saying goodbye to my mom like always. I saw him in a formal suit as always, he should lighten up I thought.
“let’s go to where you hang first.” I crotched on to my black purse and went in his car. He brought me to school, called ballerina dreams.
“what’s this place?” as he gestured me to go in. I expected him to no answer.
“we’re gonna see a short rehearsal of Selina’s performance. I always come here to watch all the students dancing. you probably would like to see this, since it was your dream.” I couldn’t believe he still remembered my past dream.
“that was before…” I denied while trying not to cry at the regrets I’ve done.
“yeah, whatever. Let’s just go.” He knew I was lying, so he just shifted the topic and we went in the school. We passed my many rooms, I saw toddlers learning the position of their feet. We also saw beginner trying to learn the Fouetté rond de jambe en tournant, I remembered when I tried to do that when I was only thirteen, it was quite difficult for me. then we finally reached Selina’s room, I saw she was with her mentor.
“hey, Hebe! You’re here!” she smiled, I smiled back and told her to go back to rehearsal before her mentor known as Jiro would get mad. Throughout the rehearsal, I can’t help but remember the old times when I was still with Calvin learning ballet. I smiled at the memories, I guessed Calvin guessed what I was thinking. He pulled me to the dance floor and we start to do old routines I still remembered. It was still flawless, Selina was in awe when she saw me and Calvin moving in sync. We finished the dance with a bow.
“you still remembered in clearly.” Calvin and I had left the building after our dance, Jiro got mad at Selina for getting distracted.
“of course! That was my favorite…” I said shyly. To avoid the awkwardness around us, I told Calvin to take me to a particular underground club where my gang was going to perform tonight.
we got down and saw my gang performing already, Calvin was amused with the performance.
“you dance with them?” he asked me while I took a sip of my vodka orange.
“yup.” I sighed as I stared at me crew making their way to the stage to accept another successful battle trophy.
“what’s wrong?” he probably heard me sighed.
“nothing… it’s just, I realized I still miss ballet. It’s been 3 years…” I looked down my drink, forcing not to cry. He used his index finger to lift my chin up to look at him.
“it’s not too late…” he pulled me, leaving me nearly spilling my drink.
“where we going?” I said.
“somewhere quiet to talk.” He said. we went to the school which was already closed now, it’s already 9 o’clock no wonder it was close. Calvin took out his spare key, we got to the recent room where Selina had her rehearsal. We sat on the white clean floor facing the mirrors; the only was coming from the moon above. We both only stared at our reflection; I stared at the lady I’ve become. Calvin looked at me, he stared at me inventively.
“why are you staring?” I didn’t look at him but just stared at him from the mirror.
“how come you didn’t pursue being a ballerina?” he kept staring at me as if I was the only thing he sees.
“because…” I stared at him this time, suddenly I had the urge to feel those full lips on mine. We both leaned closer, then it happened….we kissed, this kiss wasn’t like how Aaron I share one. This kiss was like butterflies roaming around my stomach. All I think now was Calvin…..