Mother's Intuition and Support

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinhye ended her call with Boyoung and began dialing Jongsuk’s number. She is back at her office, deciding the colors and fabric for her new bags. Back at the café, she was in the middle of eating her salad and suddenly a creative thought came to her about her bags. Without cleaning her area, she literally ran across the street back to her office to put her idea to the test. Now here she is sitting at her separate table for creating designs. Her desk is covered with all her drafts and different color of fabrics laid out.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Jongsuk finally answered the call.

 

“Jagiya, let’s have dinner tonight at Boyoung’s new workplace. Ne?” She sweet-talked him while holding up her draft and a piece of fabric.

 

“Daebak! She got a new job?!”

 

“Oh! Just this afternoon, she received a call from a top restaurant asking her to be their replacement as their Pastry chef. So she ditched me at the café and quickly ran out.” Shinhye exaggerated. “A moment ago, I gave her a call and she sounded so excited and nervous. Especially with her new boss being cocky and unwelcoming to her. I thought we could go have dinner there and show our support to her.”

 

“Jinjja?! With a boss like that, she needs all the support she needs to get through that job. Geundae, I have to stay very late tonight and meet with the designers I am modeling for.”

 

“Ah…. Arasseo. We can go next time then.” Shinhye sounds disappointed.

 

Lately, Jongsuk has been very busy with his modeling career especially now that it is Seoul Fashion week. They have not had much time to spend together. Every other weekend was a habit for them to spend together whether it was going to the movies or shopping. Jongsuk was not much of an outdoor person. He liked to stay indoors and hang out at his condo or her penthouse. Now with her recent collaboration to focus on, they will not even get to see each other.

 

“Mianhe jagi. I will make it up to you when Seoul Fashion week is over.” Jongsuk tries to reason.

 

“Oh…..It will be even more difficult to see you. I have to work late at the office from now on until my collaboration is a success. That means me flying to Milan in a couple weeks to see the final run through.”

 

“I see. We will find a way to be with each other again. I could fly out to Milan once you are finished with the final product and we could spend a couple days sightseeing.”

 

“Jinjjaro?! I would love that very much!”

 

“Ne.” Jongsuk is suddenly called by his manager to see the designers now. “Jagi, I have to go now. I will talk to you soon again. Jinjja mianhe about dinner. Saranghae!”

 

“Nado saranghae.” Shinhye sighs while looking at their couple photo. Suddenly, she feels tears running down her cheeks. She quickly wipes them away and deeply exhales before focusing back on her bags.

 

 

At the restaurant…

 

It is almost time for the restaurant to open for the evening. Yonghwa had all the chefs and restaurant workers lined up in the dining area. Before every opening hour, Yonghwa had a ritual to pep-talk, well scold, every worker to do their best and work to perfection. No mistakes can be made and the customer service has to be superb. After all, Yonghwa is known for his perfection and has to uphold that reputation. Every night at the restaurant has to go to his way and he has no time for babysitting any of his workers if they make a mistake. Everyone should know their profession very well in his book.

 

“Alda?!” Yonghwa shouts.

 

“NE!” everyone synchronizes.

 

“Dismissed.”

 

Everyone bows their head and return to their respective work stations. Everyone are getting their cooking dishes and utensils out and setting them on the tabletop and stove. Boyoung is at her work station, still getting acquainted with her area. She is looking for her utensils when Yonghwa clears his throat causing her to stand at attention. He just smirks at her and shakes his head. Boyoung wasn’t as nervous as she should be because she has confidence she can do her best and impress him. She continues her exploring and Yonghwa leaves walking to the front of the kitchen.

 

“Yeorobun, today’s special is pan-seared Sea Scallops with Champagne-terragon Beurre Blanc over spring grain blend and sautéed spinach.” He announces. “Sous chef, you sear the scallops and the meats off the menu. Chef Lee, prepare the vegetables and other side dishes. Chef Kim, bake the breads. Chef Seo, prepare the grains for the special. I will be responsible for the Champagne-terragon Beurre Blanc sauce.” He directs the kitchen crew and sees Boyoung preparing her station. “Ah……. Chef Park, Chef Jang usually creates his own delicacies based on my specials. As much as I would like to see you fail, I can’t. It is my restaurant and career on the line so I will tell you. Prepare Champagne Passion Fruit meringue and Peach Charlotte with Peach Almond custard. Arasseo?”

 

“NE!!” Boyoung smiles and shows him a fighting gesture. Even though Yonghwa is trying to further intimidate her, she is trying to not let it get to her nor is she letting it show. She thinks she just has to brush it off and do her best to show him she can handle such a task.

 

On the other hand, Yonghwa does not reciprocate the fighting fist but continues to his head chef duties. He walks towards the main dining area where his workers are setting the tables and cleaning the area around the tables and walkway. He continues walking out to the waiting area, holding a chalk in his right hand. He goes to the menu board and begins writing the evening special and special desserts.

 

His phone suddenly rings and he pulls it out from his pocket. He sees the caller ID but hesitates to answer it. He sighs and smiles but at the same time feels annoyed because he knows his mother is just calling to ask about the meeting between him and his father earlier. He finally decides to take the call.

 

“Oh, eomma?”

 

“Ardeul, you don’t sound so happy to hear from me.”

 

“Aniya eomma. Wae?”

 

“Geundae, what did Jinyoung want? Did SHE talk to you as well?”

 

Yonghwa could only smirk because he knows his mother is very much concerned with whatever relationship he has with his father and stepmother. His mother was very straightforward to ask him instead of her usual beating around the bush.

 

‘Aniyo. I’ve decided to move in with abeonim and Taehee. Father asked me to move in with him and Taehee so I can prepare to take over Jung Hotel Group.”

 

“What?!?!”

 

“I’m just kidding eomma. You know how much I dislike abeonim even THAT woman. All I have is you eomma and nothing won’t change that.”

 

“Saranghae Yonghwa ya. Gomawo. I am happy to hear such words from you. But you know what would make me very happy and at peace?”

 

“….. Eomma! You know how feel about that. Right now, all my focus is on cooking and my business.”

 

“But I want grandkids and a daughter-in-law soon, ardeul. I have given you time and time to be a bachelor. It is now time for you to start a family. I know with Jinyoung and I divorcing 10 years ago has wounded your heart very much. But it is now time to let it go, Yonghwa ya.”

 

“Eomma, I will decide whether I want to start a family or not. Right now, my love is for cooking and no woman shall get in the way of it. The only love I believe in is towards my cooking and to you.”

 

“Oh Yonghwa ya…. As a mother, I only want you to heal your heart and to be a better man than your father was. I believe you will find your other half unexpectedly. As long as she has a beautiful heart, I will accept her with open arms. You are one in a million, ardeul.”

 

“Gomawo eomma. But you’ll only be disappointed with my decisions. I don’t have long term commitments with any woman.”

 

“So you are seeing someone then?”

 

“I didn’t say that.”

 

“A mother knows. I hope you are being safe and a gentleman.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter