Mr. and Mrs. Jung Yonghwa

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johann Pachelbel - 'Canon in D Major'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck

 

 

 

Yonghwa and Shinhye had arrived in Jeju two days ahead of their wedding day. Their invited guests would arrive the day before their wedding. Yonghwa wanted to have a pre-honeymoon retreat with Shinhye to relax and enjoy being in each other’s company. They both toured the beautiful island, visiting Hallasan National Park and Jungbang waterfall. Yonghwa knew Shinhye was an outdoorsy gal and he didn’t mind walking trails with her. Plus, Jeju had perfect sunny and cool weather all week.

 

After their whole prior day being active and walking steep and twining trails, Shinhye booked them their own private spa time in their own presidential suite. It was Paris all over again but this time, Shinhye wanted her fiancée to relax from his business stress and their shared wedding stress. They could relax until their family dinner later.

 

 

Later that evening……….

 

“The beautiful couple has arrived!” Shinhye’s mother announced when Yonghwa and Shinhye walked through the private party room door, her arm around his.

 

“Waah….. Shinhye. You are very beautiful! You’re glowing.” Minyoung complimented her.

 

Shinhye was wearing an ivory laced evening dress from her own previous season collection. She paired her dress with her favorite Louboutin heels. Yonghwa wore a black Saint Laurent two-piece suit with a white Yves Saint Laurent buttoned shirt that Shinhye bought for him in Paris.

 

“Ah jinjja. We’re all sitting here waiting for you two to arrive. We’re hungry.” Jonghyun annoyingly procrastinated. Yonghwa wanted to punch him in the arm but had to be gentlemanly in front of the family.

 

Yonghwa pulled out the chair for Shinhye as she sat down. He took his seat right next to her and looked around. The hotel managed to provide one large round table for their family. It was only their immediate family at dinner: Yonghwa’s mother, his father, his father’s wife, his half-sister, his best friend, both his sunbaes from Italy and France, and Shinhye’s mother, her sister, her sister’s husband, her cousin, her uncle, and her best friend. As everyone was mingling, the hotel servants began serving the main course, Filet mignon. After everyone had their plate in front of them, Yonghwa grabbed his filled wine glass and stood up.

 

He cleared his throat and held his wine glass out. “I’d like to make a short toast. First of all, thank you all, from Shinhye and I, for joining us at this small dinner. Shinhye and I wanted to have this small pre-wedding dinner with our family and thank you for supporting us every step of the way into our engagement. Thank you to both my sunbaes, Giovanni and Léo, for flying here from your home to attend our wedding. To my beautiful fiancée, Shin,” He looked down at her and caressed her free hand. “Sweetie, I look forward to seeing you walk down the aisle tomorrow evening and the moment we both say ‘I do’. Thank you, baby, for accepting my proposal and loving me unconditionally. I love you. To family, old and new, and to love!”

 

Everybody at the table clapped and awed at his toast. Yonghwa tenderly kissed Shinhye’s hand and smiled lovingly at her. She immediately stood up and hugged him. She pecked his cheek, knowing that their family was watching.

 

“Let’s eat.” Yonghwa assisted Shinhye to sit back down and sat beside her.

 

Yonghwa nicely sliced his Filet mignon but switched his plate with Shinhye’s. Shinhye blushed and lightly laughed at his gesture. “Gomawo darling.”

 

Yonghwa smiled back to her and ate his food, while enjoying conversations with his family and new family. After their delicious dinner, the hotel servants served Crème Fraiche Cheesecake with strawberry-rhubarb sauce. As critic as Yonghwa and his two sunbaes were, they had approving compliments of the night’s menu. Everyone had a lovely and united night together.

 

“Yonghwa, you better say your good night to your fiancée. You won’t be able to see her until she walks down the aisle.” Ilhwa watched as Yonghwa kept focusing on Shinhye. Shinhye was talking with her mother, sister, and Boyoung across the room.

 

“I know. Geundae, I find it pointless we have to be separated tonight until tomorrow’s ceremony.” Yonghwa scoffed.

 

Jonghyun laughed at Yonghwa’s whining. “Babo. You’re too attached to your fiancée. You sure are whipped. Love changed you too much. But in a good way.”

 

“Sikkeuleowo. You need to find someone who will tie you down.”

 

“Ah jinjja. You both are still so childish for your age.” Ilhwa laughed. They were interrupted by Giovanni and Léo.

 

“Yonghwa, we will be retiring now to our rooms. Big day tomorrow. Tonight was exquisite. Where is your fiancée?” Léo happily asked.

 

“Merci Léo. Let me get her.” Yonghwa walked over to Shinhye. He lightly placed his hand at the small of her back. “Sweetie, my sunbaes would like to say their good night’s.”

 

“Ne.” She happily excused herself from her family and walked with Yonghwa.

 

“Shinhye, this is Léo. He’s my French sunbae who inspired me to cook. And you’ve met Giovanni when we were in Italy.”

 

“I am so honored to finally meet you, Léo. Yonghwa had so many good and inspirational memories of you. It’s a great pleasure to see you again, Giovanni. Thank you, gentlemen, for traveling a long distance to attend our wedding and providing our reception with your great delicacies.”

 

“The honor and pleasure is all ours. I speak for Giovanni and myself when I say Yonghwa has met a beautiful and graceful partner. We were both worried he would end up alone and spend all his time in the kitchen. But we see we don’t have to be worried now.” Léo laughed.

 

“Léo!” Yonghwa suddenly felt embarrassed.

 

Shinhye laughed but comforted her shy fiancée. “I will be sure to take care of him with all my heart. Thank you both for guiding him and being by his side throughout his life. You don’t have to worry anymore.”

 

“Yonghwa, you have a precious gem.” Giovanni lightly held his shoulder. “Well, we better retire to our room now. You both have a good night.”

 

Both Léo and Giovanni left the small private room. Yonghwa hugged Shinhye closer to him and kissed the top of her forehead. They stayed like that until Ilhwa and Jiwoo interrupted their sweet quiet moment.

 

“Mianhe you two but we must separate you now. It’s only tradition for the bride and groom to be separated the night before their wedding until they meet at the altar.” Ilhwa reiterated to the suddenly sad couple.

 

“Geurae. You two have those sad pouts now but you will have eternity to stay together starting tomorrow. It’s just one night and tomorrow.” Jiwoo tried her best to comfort them.

 

“Ne. Yonghwa, you will be bunked with Jonghyun tonight.”

 

“Shin ah, you will sleep in Boyoung’s suite.”

 

Jiwoo hugged Yonghwa and kissed Shinhye’s cheek as Ilhwa hugged Shinhye and kissed Yonghwa’s cheek. It was a quiet and lovely moment as Yonghwa walked Shinhye to Boyoung’s suite. They took a longer route to her suite as they walked around the hotel’s garden and swimming area.

 

“I suppose this is where I leave you now.” Yonghwa reluctantly said as they reached the front of Boyoung’s suite. “So ridiculous this tradition is.”

 

“I agree.” Shinhye chuckled. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stared lovingly into his eyes. “But it’s just one night and half the day we have to be apart. And then we’ll have forever.”

 

“I’ll miss you like crazy. I love you too much.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter