Honest Answers and Surprises

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinhye stood by her huge office window, overlooking Gangnam. All weekend she was cooped up in her penthouse watching American shows. She needed to keep her mind clear from thinking about her love life especially Yonghwa. She exhaled deeply and closed her eyes, staying like that for a couple of minutes. Until she heard her phone beep, she opened her eyes and walked over to her desk. She unlocked her phone and looked at the text message.

 

‘I miss you’ was written in the message along with a sad face emoji. Shinhye smiled childishly and was about to reply until she placed her phone back on the desk. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes again. She heard a knock from her door and composed herself.

 

“Sajangnim? Park Boyoungssi is here to see you.” Her secretary announced.

 

“Oh, send her in. Have the design team finish the draft for my next project?”

 

“Ah, they needed an extended day as the team leader came down with the flu.”

 

“Arasseo. Just as long as they get it done by Thursday.”

 

“Ne.” she responded and lead Boyoung in the office.

 

Boyoung saw a saddened and conflicted Shinhye. Shinhye stood up and guided her to her small living space. They both sat down and Shinhye’s secretary brought them fine green tea and fruits. Boyoung looked to Shinhye and smiled.

 

“What?” Shinhye noticed Boyoung’s staring eyes.

 

“Ani, so have you sorted out your feelings? I would think you have as you didn’t invite me all weekend to your penthouse.”

 

“Yes and no. But one thing is for sure. I am able to let Jongsuk go. We had been in a two-year relationship and I guess I was blinded by what I thought was love. There’s no sense in holding on to him. I have yet to tell my mom and Minyoung. But I know Minyoung will boast about she knew all long it wouldn’t work out.”

 

“Minyoung may have wished that but she wouldn’t gloat about it even further. She’s your sister and will comfort you.” Boyoung tried to console her. “Ah, have you talked to Yonghwa again?”

 

“Ani. He said he would give me time to sort out my feelings. I’m afraid to rush into any relationship right now. The surprising thing about all this is he’s such a gentleman about it.” Shinhye smiled. “I mean, when we first met, he gave off this flirty vibe. Like he just wanted to play with my feelings. And so I flirted back.”

 

“Ya, that’s unlike you to tease any man. And this was when you were still with Jongsuk.”

 

“I guess, in a way, I cheated on him too.”

 

“That’s not cheating. What Jongsuk did is. If you were able to flirt back with Yonghwa, then I think you developed feelings for him at first sight.”

 

“You think?”

 

“Geureom! My sincere advice to you is to always follow your heart and give Yonghwa a chance. But take this chance at your own pace.”

 

“Gomawo Boyoung ah.” Shinhye could trust Boyoung’s advice. Boyoung was her support system.

 

“Ah, I better get going. I want to be at the restaurant early. I want to try making this new dessert I once had while in Switzerland last summer.”

 

Both Boyoung and Shinhye stood up. Boyoung gave Shinhye a meaningful hug and patted her back. They stood like that for a couple of minutes. Then Boyoung broke the hug and looked at Shinhye again.

 

“At least talk to him soon before he thinks you blew him off. All weekend working at the restaurant was torture! He had random mood swings.”

 

Shinhye laughed and nodded her head. Boyoung lightly hit Shinhye on the arm. Both laughed and Boyoung left the office.

 

Shinhye walked back to her desk and unlocked her phone. She clicked on the recent text message and replied back. She smiled after sending the message.

 

 

In his office……

 

Yonghwa received a message on his phone. It seemed like forever since he sent the message. He waited nervously like a fool. He hurriedly unlocked his phone and opened the message. It was an ad message advertising him to apply for a loan.

 

“Aish! I don’t need a loan! I’m rich already.” He ruffled his hair and threw his phone on the desk. Just as he stood up, another message arrived. He grabbed his phone.

 

“If it’s another ad, I’m gonna personally sue this ad company for fraud.”

 

He opened the message and it was from the person he had been waiting for to reply back.

 

‘it’s only been two days. :)’

 

‘What can I say? Our make-out session left a deep impression on me.’

 

‘You’re flirty this morning.’

 

‘Like I said, I miss you.’

 

‘Pick me up for coffee if you’re not busy?’

 

‘Ok! I’ll be there in ten minutes.’

 

Yonghwa walked over to his coat rack and put on his coat. He walked passed the dining kitchen with a huge smile on his face. All his staff workers saw how happy he looked. They never seen him smile so much. He always had a stoic attitude. Just then, Boyoung arrived at the restaurant and passed Yonghwa. Yonghwa turned around and stopped her.

 

“Pastry chef?”

 

Boyoung thought she was in trouble. She bit her bottom lip and turned around.

 

“Fighting!” Yonghwa held out his fist and continued on his way.

 

Boyoung looked at the staff workers and they were all watching this exchange with blank faces. She composed herself and walked over to her station. Everybody else composed themselves and continued what they were doing.

 

 

In front of Park Areum Co…….

 

Yonghwa messaged Shinhye ahead of time that he was almost there. As he drove up, he saw Shinhye already waiting for him. He parked his Mercedes Coup and got out. He removed his Gucci shades and waved to Shinhye. Shinhye smiled and walked towards Yonghwa’s car. He was struck by her smile. That had to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter