Lunch Rendezvous and Dinner Talk

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In his Cheongdamdong condo……….

 

“Yah! So you actually love someone other than your mother and cooking?!” Jonghyun was surprised with his best friend. “I’m impressed! And shocked. So when will I get to meet this mysterious and lovely woman who made my best friend fall in love?”

 

Jonghyun made a surprise visit for the week. Yonghwa was on the phone with Shinhye when he entered his condo unexpectedly. He overheard their intimate and cheesy conversation before he entered Yonghwa’s living room. Jonghyun was shocked at how cheesy Yonghwa was talking to the girl on the other side of the call. He thought it might have been one of Yonghwa’s flings but then again, he never heard Yonghwa talk like this to any girl. For how Jonghyun knew Yonghwa, Yonghwa was not sweet nor lovey towards women but cold and played hard-to-get.

 

After Jonghyun’s unexpected entrance, Yonghwa had to reluctantly end his call with Shinhye. He knew Jonghyun would be nosy and ask who that was and Yonghwa had no choice but to confess to Jonghyun that he was in love and this lovable person was one of Korea’s top designer/heiress, Park Shinhye. Of course, Jonghyun called it that one night they went clubbing a few weeks ago.

 

“Soon. But I don’t need you using your charms on her when you meet. Arasseo?” He grinned.

 

“Ne…..ne…… I’m just curious.” He laughed at Yonghwa’s jealousy. “When do you see her again?”

 

“Tomorrow for lunch.” Yonghwa finished grilling them Mackerel and Eel for their men’s night. Usually, they would be having dinner at one of Yonghwa’s sunbae’s restaurant and going clubbing afterwards. But since Yonghwa fell in love with Shinhye, he was not interested in his old Casanova ways. Surprisingly, Jonghyun did not argue nor try to pressure him into going out with him. “The fish are done!”

 

“Waah…… it smells good!” Jonghyun’s mouth was watery from the smell and sizzling of the fish. “This is better than going out to eat. Aren’t you going to share your mother’s kimchi and side dishes she prepared you?”

 

“Only you would bug me to share it.” Yonghwa smirked at Jonghyun’s request. “Ne.”

 

Actually, Yonghwa had not perfected his cooking skills in Korean cuisine. Because Yonghwa started out as an amateur chef in Europe, he first learned European cuisine and every other cuisine beside Korean. Upon moving back to Korea, he did try cooking Korean dishes but it was not to his taste. His Korean cooking had a European twist to it that didn’t appeal with his main critic, his mother.

 

Since then, his mother attempted to teach Yonghwa but at the rate Yonghwa’s international success was accumulating, he became busier. He had not really made time with his mother to learn from her. In the meantime, his mother always prepared him Korean dishes and had her assistant deliver to Yonghwa’s condo every evening.

 

“It’s quite ironic how you, Mr. International Chef, have not perfected Korean cuisine. Your mother still makes it for you.”

 

“Laugh all you want Jonghyun. My mother’s cooking is jinjja jjang!” He gave him a thumbs up.

 

“You’ve really changed……..in a good way.” Jonghyun chuckled lightly. “I don’t remember us having this much of a casual conversation. I mean, we’ve always ever talked about was our night with women and flings.”

 

“Yeah……..” Yonghwa smiled. “You’re right.”

 

“I’m honestly happy for you Yonghwa. Treat her well.” Jonghyun lightly squeezed Yonghwa’s shoulder. “Let’s eat!”

 

Yonghwa laughed at their sudden serious and mushy brotherhood. He retrieved his mother’s kimchi and prepared side dishes from the refrigerator and set them individually in his Versace dinner plates. He set them on the table and ran back to the kitchen.

 

“Almost forgot the Soju!”

 

“What’s a Korean meal without Soju?” Jonghyun grabbed the Soju and opened it. He poured Yonghwa a glass and then himself before lifting his hand for a toast. “To your relationship with Miss Shinhye ssi…….that I approve with much congratulations!”

 

“Geonbae!” They toasted in synchronization. They both enjoyed their Korean meal prepared by Yonghwa’s mother.

 

 

Lunchtime at Yonghwa’s condo……..

 

“You seem to really enjoy our lunch rendezvous.” Yonghwa teased Shinhye after they both finished getting ready from their afternoon bedroom activity.

 

“I’m not the only one.” She buttoned her last button to her self-brand striped dress shirt and kissed Yonghwa full on the lips for a moment. “You sped all the way here.”

 

“Always, baby.” He pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead. “Shall we have our lunch now?”

 

“Ne. Did you prepare my favorite pasta?”

 

“Geureom! But it might have gotten cold.” He gave her a playful smirk and led her to his small dining room. “I’ll warm it back up.”

 

Yonghwa hurriedly walked to the kitchen and warmed up the pasta sauce. Shinhye had requested for him to make her Linguine Ai Frutti Di Mare for lunch. It was the first pasta Yonghwa made for her the first night she came to his place for dinner. She fell in love with the seafood pasta and it became her favorite pasta from him.

 

“Bon appétit!” Yonghwa set their pasta dish on the table and took the seat beside her. Even though he had to rewarm it up and it may have eliminated the freshness from it, Shinhye still enjoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter