Lotte World and Family Time

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa and Shinhye held each hand of their two-year old son as they happily walked into Lotte World. It was a beautiful summer day for the Jung family to enjoy themselves at the rather large amusement park. Now that their son was old enough to enjoy himself and rides, Yonghwa wanted to enjoy rides with him.

 

“Appa! Look!” Junhee excitedly pointed to Swing Pang Pang, a teacup ride. He slipped both hands from his parent’s grasp and ran towards the ride.

 

“Junhee ah, slow down.” Yonghwa ran after his adventurous son and playfully swept him into his embrace. “Junhee ah must be so excited to ride his first ride.”

 

“Ne appa!” He tried to wriggle out of Yonghwa’s embrace.

 

“Arasseo Junhee ah. Appa will take you.” Yonghwa snuck in a kiss onto his son’s forehead and set him back on the ground. “Gaja!”

 

“Yay!” Junhee jumped up and down and giggled.

 

Before Junhee guided his father to the ride, he stopped in his track and looked back. “Eomma eodiya? Appa! Wait eomma.”

 

The whole time Shinhye watched the exchange between her husband and son. She smiled to herself but continued to catch up to them. “Eomma is right here, Junhee ah.”

 

Junhee held out his hand for his mother to hold it. Once she held it, Junhee led his parents to the teacup ride. Yonghwa showed the ride employee their passes and helped his son and wife into their teacup.

 

“Waah!” Junhee could not contain his excitement. He bounced up and down his seat between his parents. He looked above their teacup and saw a carved bear. “Appa! Scary bear.”

 

“Ne Junhee. That must be the papa bear. And the papa bear goes like this.” Yonghwa tried his best to roar like a bear but one that wouldn’t scare his son.

 

“Ah, appa funny.” Junhee shared his adorable laugh with Shinhye. He imitated Yonghwa’s roar. “Me scary too.”

 

Shinhye pretended to be scared when Junhee playfully roared at her. “Eomma is scared, Junhee.”

 

“Mianhe eomma.” Junhee suddenly became sad and ran into his mother’s embrace.

 

“Ani, sweet baby. I’m just playing. You didn’t scare eomma. Eomma loves you very much. My sweet sensitive baby.” Shinhye caressed the back of his head and kissed near his temple.

 

Yonghwa smiled from his son’s sensitivity towards his wife and rubbed his back. “Iriwa adeul.”

 

Junhee left his mother’s embrace and hugged his father. Yonghwa resituated him on his lap and pulled Shinhye close to him as he gave them both a loving hug. “Junhee ah, eomma loves it when you play with her. Now don’t be sad. The teacups will move soon but they will only move fast if you laugh and smile.”

 

He felt Junhee look up at him and gave him his best cutest smile. Yonghwa chuckled at his cuteness and started tickling his stomach, making Junhee giggle so lovely. Shinhye watched as her husband and son made the best of the situation.

 

Just then, the teacup announcer spoke through the intercom and announced the usual protocol for ride safety. “Enjoy the ride!”

 

Their teacup spun at a decent pace where they could enjoy themselves without that much dizziness. Junhee very much enjoyed himself as he was seated between Yonghwa and Shinhye. Yonghwa every now and then would spin their teacup a little faster, making Junhee scream and giggle.

 

“Faster appa!” Junhee tried to reach to help his father spin the teacup.

 

After a good few minutes, the teacups came to a stop and Junhee became a little sad. But Yonghwa had to compromise that they will ride it again after trying other rides. Because Junhee is still under height requirements, Yonghwa mostly rode the somewhat toddler-extreme rides with him while Shinhye watched on and captured their moments with her special camera.

 

Yonghwa and Junhee rode the Kids Bumper Cars and the Boong Boong Car together. Shinhye joined them in riding the Lotty Train and the Camelot Carousel. Their day was just about to come end as the sun set over Seoul.

 

“Junhee ah, let’s ride one more. Eomma really wants to ride this one with you.” Yonghwa held Junhee’s hand.

 

“Junhee ah, did you have so much fun?” Shinhye caressed the back of his head.

 

“NE!” Junhee jumped up and down and giggled. “More!”

 

“Arasseo Junhee ah.” Shinhye chuckled. “Look over there! That’s what eomma wants to ride.”

 

 

“Yay! Gaja!” Junhee ran from his parents grasp and towards the ticket person.

 

Yonghwa and Shinhye held each other’s hand as they skipped after Junhee. Yonghwa gave the ticket person their passes and as always, helped his wife and son enter the ride. They sat in a blue parachute and viewed all of Lotte World as they ascended into the air.

 

Junhee let a loud excited gasp as he pointed to all the rides down below. He clapped his little hands and giggled. Yonghwa held him up as he giggled himself over his son’s amazement. Shinhye had one hand on her husband’s shoulder as she watched her son. Junhee giggled and looked at his mom with the cutest smile.

 

“Neo halabeoji always rode with eomma when she was just like Junhee.” Shinhye lowered her head to match Junhee’s as she explained to her son about his maternal grandfather.

 

“Halabeoji?” Junhee had a questioning look on his face. “Halabeoji!”

 

“Ne Junhee ah. Na appa. Neo halabeoji.” She caressed his cheek and placed a kiss upon it. “When you’re older, I will tell you more about your halabeoji. Ne?”

 

“Joha!” Junhee turned back to the view in front of him, laughing away as they were directly above the center of Lotte World.

 

Just as they were three quarters from the end of the ride, Junhee let out a big yawn and rubbed his eyes. Shinhye held her sleepy son as he turned over to settle himself in her embrace.

 

“Aigoo, uri baby is sleepy. He’s had the best day.” Shinhye rubbed his back.

 

“For an almost two-year-old, he sure loved the bigger rides. And had a lot of energy.” Yonghwa smiled down at his small family.

 

“Geureom! As he gets older, we have to come back so he can ride the much bigger rides.”

 

“Ne jagi. Maybe even then, we’ll have another child to share our family moments with.”

 

Shinhye smiled and nodded her head. “Joha.”

 

Yonghwa returned her smile and leaned down to kiss his beautiful wife. They shared a beautiful kiss with a luminescent Lotte World in the background.

 

 

A couple months later……….

 

‘Yeoboseyo?’ Yonghwa smiled when he heard his wife’s angelic voice.

 

‘Jagi, neo mwoya?’

 

‘I’m at the restaurant. I had to quickly transfer some files regarding the Vegas restaurant.’

 

‘Junhee with you?’

 

‘Ne. I’m not ready to send him to daycare just yet. I enjoy having him with me all the time.’

 

‘Then don’t send him to daycare. Or else I won’t be able to see him when you both come here for lunch.’

 

Yonghwa’s heart beat faster when Shinhye chuckled on the other side. He couldn’t help but chuckle with her too. He had a cheesy grin left on his face waiting for her to respond.

 

‘Arasseo. Geundae, did you finish your meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter