Resolved Past and Moving Forward

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cigarettes after – ‘Nothing’s gonna hurt you baby’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzSeuo4C3vw

Note: This song inspired this chapter. I love the tone and pace of the song.

 

 

 

Viann Zhang came walking into one of her close friend’s socialite nightclub. During her overseas vacation, she received a call from Chen Xiang regarding information about Yonghwa’s scandal. She flew in just a few hours ago and was reluctant to meet with Chen, but decided to meet him.

 

She walked into the small modern VIP lounge and threw her coat on the coat rack. She sat down on the sofa and crossed her legs, waiting for Chen. She heard a knock on the door and one of the club workers announced her guest was here. She rolled her eyes and nodded her head.

 

“What are you doing here?!” She yelled upon seeing Yonghwa enter the private room.

 

“Why? Surprised to see me here?” He smirked. He sat down on the sofa across from her.

 

“Whatever. This is a private room. I’m getting the security.” She stood up and was walking towards the door.

 

“You have every right to get the security but I would listen to what I have to say first. After all, you created this mess. It’s only right you hear how your plan worked out. Right?” He looked to her and crossed his legs.

 

She turned around and glared at him. “What mess? And how dare you accuse me of whatever your problem is? But you know what, I don’t have to listen to what you have to say. I’m leaving.” She had her hand on the door handle.

 

“Don’t act so innocent Viann. Or maybe I should bring Chen here to explain to you what the problem actually is.” She stopped and turned around. “That’s right. Interested now?”

 

She sat back down. “Let me hear just what you have to say.”

 

“I never thought you could be so low. You seemed to have had a righteous mind back in Vegas. I thought you had accepted my sincere apology. But I was wrong. Your childish and jealous motive for revenge took a fateful turn for you. My legal team and I were able to catch your accomplice. Chen all too willingly confessed your involvement.”

 

She raised her eyebrow in a mocking way. “Stupid kid.” She grunted. “Fine. I won’t prolong this. I convinced him to do this dirty deed for me. I wasn’t going to do anything until I heard in the news of your public relationship announcement. I was caught up in envy, jealousy, and betrayal. I thought I understood and could accept your apology but I didn’t want to.”

 

“Why did you have to attack my girlfriend? She didn’t do anything to you. I’m the one who emotionally hurt you. You should’ve hurt me.”

 

“Because that could have been me. I should’ve been the one to be by your side. You were the first man I had feelings for. If only you had called me, we could’ve became more explicit.”

 

“No. It never would have been you. I don’t understand why you couldn’t find your happiness with another man. I really hoped you moved on. I apologized but you didn’t want to accept it. There’s no further trying to convince you. I came here to find the answer behind attacking my girlfriend and get her justice. Viann, I am suing you for damages against my girlfriend and to see that you get the right lawful punishment for your actions against my girlfriend and myself. Gentlemen!” Yonghwa called for the local police standing outside the room.

 

“Viann Zhang, you are being arrested for your involvement with the attack on Miss Park Shinhye, illegally obtaining a passport for Mr. Chen Xiang, and being sued for defamation of character against Jung Yonghwa, and damages done to both Miss Park Shinhye and Jung Yonghwa.”

 

Viann didn’t struggle with the police or try to rebuttal back. She left quietly with the law officers and just blankly stared at Yonghwa. Yonghwa followed her out and watched as she was being driven away. He felt relief that this scandal could finally end and he didn’t have to worry about anyone hurting Shinhye. He did wish Viann had not gone this far and ruin her life over his old self. But he couldn’t change that. All that matter now was for him to be taken back to his hotel where Shinhye was waiting for him.

 

Yonghwa arrived back at the Shangri-La Hotel. He slid his suite key to unlock the door and entered a rather dark suite. He could faintly hear mellow music playing in the background. He thought that maybe Shinhye became restless from waiting up for him and fell asleep with music to calm her. So he removed his Dolce & Gabbana blazer and matching leather shoes and entered the living room. There, by the bay window, he saw Shinhye’s silhouette. She was standing by the huge window looking out to the Beijing nightlife.

 

Shinhye felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and settle above her navel. “Beijing is very pretty and bright at night.” She placed her hands over his.

 

“Ne. But Beijing at night does not compare to my girlfriend’s beauty at night.” He nestled his chin closer to her neck.

 

“I love your cheesiness.” She giggled. She maneuvered her head to look up to him. “Gwaenchanha? How did it go?”

 

Yonghwa stared back at her and hugged her tighter, leaving no space between them. “Gwaenchanha. It’s over now. We don’t have to worry about my shameful past anymore.”

 

Yonghwa leaned down and kissed her. He was still holding her from behind and holding her tight. She moved her right hand to caress the back of his head as her gesture deepened the kiss. Yonghwa kissed her with such gentleness and security. Their lips moving in equal synchronization along with the slow and ambient song playing in the background.

 

Yonghwa broke their kiss. He glanced to and admired a very beautiful and strong Shinhye. “Nothing’s gonna hurt you, baby. I promise.”

 

Shinhye beamed with even more love for the man holding her securely. She felt relief upon his words. Yonghwa leaned back down and kissed her once more. This time he swayed their bodies to the melody of the song playing, not breaking their deep kiss.

 

 

A month since the scandal died down………

 

Yonghwa was standing in his restaurant kitchen, where he had called his restaurant workers to attention. They all stood in order, waiting to hear the official announcement from their boss. Amongst the workers, there had been unconfirmed rumors going around about a change of command. No one was brave enough to ask if the rumors were true.

 

“I’m sure a lot of you have heard the rumors about my position as head chef.” There was continued silence. “I have gathered you here to confirm those rumors.”

 

The workers all gasped and revealed their shocked and disappointed faces. Even though Yonghwa was a cold and strict chef, they all respected him because he could handle any challenge as a chef and did it with grace.

 

“It is only temporary. I won’t go into detail about my absence but I assure you I will be checking in from time to time. I’m still your boss but I leave my restaurant in Sous chef Lee Jungshin’s hands. He will be my temporary head chef and I ask that you help him out. Thank you for your hard work and please watch over my restaurant, Sous chef Lee.” Yonghwa bowed to his workers and Jungshin.

 

“Ne!” They all responded. Yonghwa dismissed them and walked back into his private office.

 

Yonghwa offered Jungshin to use his private office as his own office. Everything Jungshin would need, from recipes to work orders, was located in his private office. It would be an easier access for Jungshin. Yonghwa was packing his more private and personal items that he could keep in his new CEO office or back at his condo. He refiled the complete audited financial reports, making sure to leave Jungshin a nice orderly office.

 

Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door. He thought it was Jungshin but was happy to see who the knock came from. “Wasseo?”

 

“Ne. I came to bring you some homemade Korean lunch. Although it’s not a good feeling to move out of your office, it is Korean tradition to have jajangmyeon when moving.” Shinhye held their packed lunch mid-air to show him.

 

“Waah…. let’s enjoy some jajangmyeon in the private kitchen. I have my things scattered everywhere.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter