Father's Help and Captured Culprit

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa stood in front of his father’s home office. He dismissed his father’s butler when he arrived at his father’s door. During the call to his father back at the hospital, his father asked for him to come to his home so they could talk about the situation. Yonghwa was reluctant to speak face-to-face with his father and wanted to deal with it over the phone but Yonghwa knew it was only right and for Shinhye’s safety, to seek his father’s help. He had to push aside his stubbornness.

 

“Come in.” Yonghwa’s father, Jinyoung, responded to his knock. Yonghwa opened the door and walked into his father’s very old-fashioned office.

 

“I’m here, abeoji.”

 

“Oh, geurae. Come sit.” Jinyoung motioned for Yonghwa to sit in the small living space in front of his desk. “It’s been a while, Yonghwa yah.”

 

“Ne.” Yonghwa could feel the awkwardness. He didn’t know how to begin the conversation or ask for his father’s help.

 

“I’m sure you just want to skip the small talk. I can tell by your posture.”

 

“Jeosonghaeyo. I want to get back to Shinhye before she awakens from her rest.”

 

“How is she? She’s your girlfriend?”

 

“Ne. She has a minor sprain in her ankle but I and the hospital thought it was best to keep her overnight to monitor her. She’s just as stubborn as me.” He chuckled at the thought of her refusing to stay overnight.

 

“It seems you’ve met your match. She must be very special to you. I’ve never seen you, in person and through the media, so happy and open compared to the last time we talked.”

 

“Ah, ne.” He smiled and took a deep breath. “Abeoji, I want to protect her forever. I want to protect her from my past, from the people behind hurting her, from the crazy erratic media, and from anything, anyone. I’m not proud of my past. It hurt the one person I love most in this world. I thought I could handle it on my own. But this sudden attack on her brought out the weakness in me.”

 

Yonghwa suddenly stood up and kneeled in front of his father. He placed both his hands on his knees. “Abeoji, please, I need your help to punish those who have hurt Shinhye and put an end to this scandal. I will finally take over the company, like you wanted. Please, abeoji.”

 

Jinyoung was surprised with Yonghwa’s sudden begging. He thought that this day would never come but at the same time, he respected Yonghwa’s feelings for Shinhye. He scooted to the edge of his seat and placed his hand on Yonghwa’s shoulder.

 

“Ardeul, please sit back in the chair.” Yonghwa looked up to his father. He couldn’t explain the look in Jinyoung’s eyes. Yonghwa sat back in the chair.

 

“Abeoji-“

 

“Yonghwa yah, I commend you for your strong feelings for Shinhye and your courage. As a father, it should be a cherished moment to see his children mature and fight for what they want most in this world. I know I was never part of your life during your teen years but I still wanted what was best for you.” Jinyoung exhaled and adjusted his glasses. “I will help you put an end to this scandal and punish those behind Shinhye’s attack. In return, I would like you to be my acting CEO until Dabin reaches eighteen.”

 

“Abeoji….”

 

“I know you have more passion for cooking than running a company. I realized that I don’t want to be the one to make you end your career and to further distance our relationship. Instead, be my acting CEO until your stepsister turns eighteen. She will be eighteen in three years. During the week, you work at the company and the weekends will be your chef duties.”

 

Yonghwa deeply thought about his father’s offer. Yonghwa was worried about his restaurant and his love for cooking. But he wanted this scandal behind him so he could move on with Shinhye. “I’ll do it.”

 

Both Yonghwa and Jinyoung stood up and shook hands. They weren’t close enough to hug each other as Jinyoung just grasped Yonghwa’s shoulder. “Geurae.”

 

Yonghwa and Jinyoung talked about the scandal. Yonghwa shared the information his secretary and own private investigators found out about the attack. Jinyoung called his lawyers and actually knew the chairman of the media outlet in Beijing. Through loyalty and friendship, Jinyoung was able to get the Chinese chairman to rebuttal the one-sided scandal and include Viann Zhang.

 

“Yonghwa, I will take care of this. You go back to Shinhye and be there for her. She needs you most.”

 

“Gomapseubnida abeoji.” Yonghwa bowed to his father and left his father’s home.

 

 

Back at the hospital…….

 

“Oh, Shinhye. You awake?” Her mother was sitting beside her, holding her hand.

 

Shinhye tried to regain her eyesight after her long nap. She saw how worried her mother looked and she scanned the rest of her private VIP suite to see Minyoung sitting on the chair. But she focused her attention back on her mother.

 

“When did you get here? How long was I asleep?”

 

“We came about thirty minutes ago. Yah, how can you worry your mom like this? I was scared and hurt when Boyoung called and said you were attacked.”

 

“Eomma, I’m fine! Completely fine. It’s just a sprained ankle. You and Yonghwa both overreact.” She scanned the room again for Yonghwa. “Geundae, where’s Yonghwa?”

 

“Moleugesseoyo. He wasn’t here when we came. But he sure is overprotective of you. He has six bodyguards right outside your room.”

 

“Jinjja?! Ah, when he comes back, he’s gonna get it.”

 

“Geundae, one of the bodyguards has an arm sling. Was he there too?”

 

“Ah! Maja! He pulled me out of the way. He saved me from getting a bigger injury. I need to properly thank him.” Shinhye quickly removed her blankets. Just as she was about to sit up, Yonghwa walked through the door.

 

“Yah! You need to lay in bed and rest your ankle.” He argued until he saw Shinhye’s visitors. “Eomeoni, you’re here?”

 

“Ne Yonghwa. You’ll get used to her stubbornness.” Jiwoo chuckled. “Geundae, you just got here?”

 

“Ah, ne. I had some personal matters to attend to.”

 

“Geurae. Come sit. Shinhye just woke up.”

 

Yonghwa quickly walked to Shinhye’s side and placed a kiss on her forehead, making Shinhye blush. “Yah, my mom and eonni are here.”

 

Yonghwa chuckled but he didn’t care if there was an audience there. “Mianhe eomeoni. I just missed her.”

 

Jiwoo just smiled and actually felt sure that her daughter was being well taken care of and loved wholeheartedly by Yonghwa. Just then, they heard someone clear their throat and they looked in the direction of who it came from.

 

“I have something I would like say.” Minyoung walked closer to Shinhye’s bed. “Eomma and I talked after you both left the mansion that night. And I realized how ridiculous I was. All week it bothered me for the words I said to you, Shinhye ah. I’m sorry for calling you stupid. I’m sorry for being blinded by success and greed that I ignored your personal happiness. Please forgive me. And Yonghwa ssi, I’m sorry for my insults against you. I see how true a man you are for staying beside my sister and loving her. I had no r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter