It's Time and Lovely Evening

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One beautiful May day…………

 

“Argh…..” Shinhye felt her stomach sharply contract. She was in the middle of making an early breakfast for her husband. She put down her utensils and bowl and caressed her huge tummy. “Mianhe baby. I’ll take a rest.”

 

She slowly sat down on their island chair and took deep breaths. But the pain wasn’t calming down. She felt another painful contraction and moaned louder than she wanted to. Aside from the pain, she heard her husband running down the stairs.

 

“Shin!” He quickly searched the living room but didn’t see his wife until he realized she might have been in the kitchen. “Shin! I’m coming.”

 

Shinhye held her tummy tightly, bearing the pain. Yonghwa saw her in indescribable pain when he finally reached her. Shinhye felt her husband embrace her and hold her hand. “Jagi, I think our baby is coming.”

 

Yonghwa’s eyes grew wide yet he quickly focused back on his wife. “S-s-seolma….”

 

Shinhye let out another cry and tugged on her husband’s shirt. Before she could convince her husband she was in labor, she felt leakage down her leg. Both her and Yonghwa focused on where the leakage was. That was when Yonghwa was convinced.

 

“Yong,….argh…..it’s time.”

 

“Arasseo. Let’s go to the hospital. I will call Uisa Lee on the way.”

 

Luckily, Yonghwa and Shinhye had planned ahead with packing for Shinhye and their baby when the time came. Yonghwa quickly grabbed their bag and helped Shinhye to their white Range Rover Evoque. As soon as they put their seatbelts on, Yonghwa sped to the hospital as Shinhye was controlling her breathing, hee-hee-who.

 

 

At the hospital in a private L&D room…………

 

“Shinhye ssi, push harder. I see the head.” The doctor had so far been impressed of how Shinhye kept calm through labor and how supportive her husband was.

 

It was their first pregnancy yet they acted like they had experience. Shinhye was having an easy labor despite the pain she was enduring. But her husband held her hand and kept encouraging her to be strong and to push.

 

“Jagi, our baby is almost here. I see the head. Keep pushing, sweetie. I know you can do it.” Yonghwa was becoming emotional when he seen his baby’s head coming through the birth canal. His eyes watered, anticipating to finally see his baby.

 

“Aarrgghhh…” Shinhye gave her all after her husband’s encouragement.

 

Everyone in the room heard a beautiful baby cry. Yonghwa immediately kissed his tired wife’s forehead and squeezed her hand tighter. “Good job, sweetie. I’m proud of you.”

 

Him and Shinhye finally turned to their doctor and saw their beautiful baby son, squirming in the doctor’s grasp. “Chukhahae Shinhye ssi, Yonghwa ssi. Meet your handsome son. Abeoji, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?”

 

The doctor held their son while the assisting nurse held out an umbilical cord cutter to him. Yonghwa grabbed the cutter and cut the cord without hesitation. His expression emotionally changed when he saw his son up close. He immediately cried upon seeing his son. He felt a newer love and warmth embrace his heart. He wanted to hold him so much but the pediatric nurses had to give him care.

 

He watched on as the nurses checked his height and weight, and cleaned him. At the same time, he stood by Shinhye as the doctor was removing her placenta. Once Shinhye was given care and the doctor was finished, the nurse came back with their baby boy. She carefully placed him in Yonghwa’s embrace. Shinhye saw her baby boy and how proud Yonghwa looked. She became teary-eyed. She wanted to hold her son.

 

“Jagi, our son is so beautiful. He has your big beautiful eyes and my nose.” Yonghwa held him tenderly and felt a few tears fall. “Adeul, appa is so happy to finally meet you. I love you so much. Eomma and appa have waited to see your beautiful face.”

 

Their son stopped crying once he heard Yonghwa’s voice. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking as if he wanted to see his father desperately. Yonghwa tenderly kissed his soft forehead and chuckled when his son opened his mouth.

 

“I think he wants to meet you, jagi. Appa will give you to eomma now. My precious baby boy.”

 

The whole time Shinhye felt emotional seeing the connection between her husband and their son. She laid on her feather pillow, smiling at her two boys as they maneuvered towards her. She held out her arms when Yonghwa came close.

 

“My sweet baby boy. Annyeong. Eomma waited nine months to finally meet you. Now you’re here and you made eomma so happy and blessed you are in my arms. I love you so much, adeul.” Shinhye cooed and embraced him tenderly giving him a kissed exactly where Yonghwa placed his kiss.

 

Shinhye saw her identical eyes in him and Yonghwa’s nose. She saw a perfectly balanced representation of her and Yonghwa in him. Their son stayed staring at her as she carefully caressed his soft head.

 

“Yong, he’s so beautiful.”

 

“I know sweetie. We sure made a beautiful baby boy.”

 

Shinhye chuckled as her and her husband watched their son try to become familiar with them. Every now and then, their son would smile, making them swoon over his cuteness.

 

“Uri adeul, Jung Junhee.” They both said in coincidental synchronization and smiled to each other.

 

Shinhye loved this moment they were sharing. She scooted herself over so her husband could join them on the hospital bed. Yonghwa immediately laid down beside them and placed his arm behind Shinhye’s neck and over her arm. Shinhye naturally leaned into her husband’s embrace, holding their son tenderly.

 

“I’m proud of you for staying strong and thankful you and our son are safe and healthy. I love you so much. Both of you.” Yonghwa turned his head to Shinhye while caressing his wife’s arm.

 

Shinhye turned to him and smiled his favorite smile. “Thank you sweetie for being my rock through this delivery. I had a beautiful labor because of you. I love you so much.”

 

Yonghwa kissed the top of her head but soon leaned in and captured his wife’s waiting lips, tenderly kissing with greater love and appreciation. Their son asleep in Shinhye’s arms, comfortable and warm within his parent’s embrace.

 

 

Three months later…………

 

“Junhee ah, time to change. Eomma and appa are taking you on your first picnic.” Yonghwa cooed to his baby son.

 

He quickly changed baby Junhee and dressed him in a nice appropriate Burberry body suit. Yonghwa spoiled his baby son and Shinhye with very expensive name-brand fashion. He wanted his family to enjoy such luxuries. After buttoning the last button on baby Junhee’s body suit, Yonghwa carefully lifted his baby son from the dressing table and into his embrace. He held baby Junhee’s soft head against his shoulder and lightly swayed him.

 

“Aigoo. Uri adeul is getting heavier.” Yonghwa chuckled and kissed his baby son’s forehead. Baby Junhee loved it whenever he was in his mother’s and father’s embrace. He would stay still and lightly coo. “My precious baby boy.”

 

Yonghwa was enjoying fatherhood very much. When they first brought baby Junhee home from the hospital, he was glued to Junhee. He always wanted to hold Junhee and stay by his wife’s side. Shinhye was on maternity leave but he didn’t want to leave his family so he took a month off to help his wife adjust. Now that he had to return to work, he adjusted his work schedule and meetings to happen in the early morning up to midafternoon so he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter