Brothers Even When Quarreling

The Berserker

Baekhyun looked over at the scene in front of him. He would like to say that he felt at least a little bit of regret when he saw the laying man, curled up in fear at the sight of the imposing wolf that he was and, later on, at the dark aura that, as a man, he exuded, but he didn’t, not even one ounce.

Through the hardships that he had encountered on his life since a little child, Baekhyun had developed a hard shell around him, that was tough to crack and even tougher to penetrate to reach the essence of the man he was.

As a pup, Baekhyun had habited, along with his pack, on the northern zone of the globe, where the cold temperatures were usual and the white furs familiar. However, not to many people knowledge, his pack, he wasn’t sure about other ones, had been exterminated by a particular deathly congregation of wizards and witches; there was already a rivalry between species but northern wolves had been very pacific, until the moment where they now openly declared enemies decided it would be fun to kill them all.

When the tragedy overcame his pack, he along with a dozen of other wolves had been lucky to escape alive, his mother and his brother being among those wolves. However, faith was a devilish little thing and eventually, through the consecutive runs from said wizards, Baekhyun’s mother had been killed and his brother had simply vanished. Baekhyun was small but he remembered very well.

He had survived. It had been particularly difficult for such a young creature to roam alone through the woods and rivers, mountains and valleys alone, completely devoid of company. It had, in a way, molded him into what he was today.

Baekhyun had to evade creatures that walked through the land on his own and, up to this day, he wasn’t really sure how he had done that: he wasn’t particularly fast, his little legs couldn’t carry him with the necessary speed so, all in all, he had just thanked to some kind of lucky strike and kept valiantly going on until he reached a little village, thankfully of wolves.

He had been a little on the starving side, his diet consisted, up so far, on roots and edible fruits, since he lacked the skills to hunt, and severely ill, due to malnutrition. The small wolf was expecting to at least beg for some food before going on his way; even being somewhat a child, he knew very the meaning of rogue wolf.

To his surprise, the pack leader and his pregnant wife, a woman small, dainty with big eyes and brown flowing hair, Ji Eun, had taken him in and cared for him like their own child. Baekhyun remembered weeping on the woman that he had learned to see as another mother; it wasn’t as if he had forgotten his own but he needed the feel of maternal love and Ji Eun was more than okay with providing. For all effects and purposes, he was their son, despite the frowning of many villagers, that simply found preposterous that a wolf, one which was not born and bred in the pack, could be, so easily, brought inside and welcomed inside their community.

Ji Eun had given birth to his sibling: a big eared alien that Baekhyun knew by the name of Chanyeol. Chanyeol was his baby brother, small, cute as heck and very sweet to the booth. However, he and Chanyeol didn’t always see eye to eyes and the reason of their usual disagreements had a name: Jongin. While Chanyeol and Baekhyun had a three year gap between them, Jongin and Chanyeol had a two year gap, meaning Baekhyun was five years Jongin’s senior. The problem wasn’t even the fact that Jongin was born, per se; it was more what Jongin had been.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun always had a good relationship, Chanyeol followed his older brother words like they were laws and he had so much love for his older brother that it was rather amazing to see, they were just two normal brothers, two betas that were very much loved.

When Jongin was born, pink, wrinkly and with the poutiest lips ever seen, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun fell in love, for the first and second time, respectively, while their mother looked at the delighted faces of her children gazing lovingly at Jongin. When the youngest of them all, finally opened his eyes, after roughly, two or three days without opening them, they witnessed the most alluring pair of light green eyes staring back at them and Baekhyun felt his mother stiffen, although he couldn’t really understand why.

All of a sudden, Jongin was not allowed to ever go out of their hut. He was really little and Baekhyun saw nothing strange in that, other babies also get to stay a lot of time with their mother’s when born; Jongin, though, was different because Jongin suddenly reached his second birthday, fourth, seventh, twelfth and he wasn’t allowed out of the house. A skin condition his parents said and, in the first years, when Baekhyun was still a small child, he believed them because his pack had generally light skin tones and Jongin had a darker complexion, molten caramel, coppery velvet, called it whatever you wish; but when he got older, that theory went down in flames. It couldn’t be just that, it had to be more.

Baekhyun was fifteen, Chanyeol twelve and Jongin ten when everything had taken a turn for the worst and Jongin’s secret had been discovered, meaning that someone saw the peculiar shade of his eye color. Jongin, at thirteen, had been a curious pup. He had always been, out of the three, the sweetest, the most rational and he shyest but, one day, he couldn’t overcome his natural curiosity and decided to go out of the hut, one night, intrigued by the sights of a super moon, and the head priestess of their pack had seen him; him and his green eyes and immediately the entire village was rioting against him.

Jongin had gone home quickly after it had occur but the damages had already been made, he had cried to his mom about the mean priestess, the one that Chanyeol often said that smelled like vinegar. Ji Eun had palled significantly while Chanyeol, who had been doing the homework that the scholar had sent him, looked curiously at him. Baekhyun had been treating some pelts when his mother sent him to search for his father as quickly as he could. Jun Ki, his father, a man with slanted eyes and a gentle and warm smile, had burst to the door and they both talked in quiet but frantic whispers.

Baekhyun watched as his father left soon after and his mother caught him by the arm, leading him to the back of the hut to talk to him.

“Mother?” he asked confusedly. “What is happening?”

“Baekhyunnie, my sweet son!” She cried out softly which was strange since, out of the three, Baekhyun was the roughest of them all, quiet and not the most affectionate, so Ji Eun’s words made the alarm bells rang in Baekhyun’s mind. “Something is going very, very wrong.”

“What is it?” he asked seriously, concerned at the whole conversation before it even happened.

“You father and I always told you that the reason as to why Jongin couldn’t leave our house was due a skin condition but it wasn’t! I know you are aware of this.” She told him, palming his cheek with her small hand. “The truth is that Jongin is a rare type of wolf.”

“Rare type of wolf?” repeated Baekhyun. “Does that even exist? Are there anything else other than omegas, betas and alphas?”

“No, there are not.” Denied his mother. “There is a special type of wolves, called oracle wolves. They are extremely rare and generally ostracized and persecuted.”

“Why?”

“Oracle wolves have premonitions, sweetheart, they see things related to the future and that, in the past caused many hardships to several communities and, instead of trying to understand, the fear led them to cast them away and kill them.”

“Kill them?” asked Baekhyun in shock, looking into his mother’s eyes. “They after Jongin?”

“Yes, dear, they are. The priestess saw your brother’s eyes, a clear trait of oracle wolves, and she probably warned all the pack. They are going to come for him.”

“But, I don’t understand! Jongin never had a premonition!”

“He had…many! He is just too young to understand it; he thinks he’s dreaming.”

Baekhyun stared in shock at his mother. He didn’t know what to think or to feel about this. He didn’t care about the little white lie, he understood that they were trying to protect Jongin and their family but the sudden knowledge made him afraid of the consequences, especially regarding his mother being so frantic about it.

“I… don’t understand.”

“Your little brother is a special wolf: he sees things and I am sure people are going to come to try and harm him because people, who don’t try to understand something, fear it and fear is a powerful tool. There were once many oracle wolves populating the surface of the Earth, however paranoia of those who don’t possess the ability to see into the future, cause their near extinction. You have to promise me, if something happens you have to take care of your brothers. You have to promise me, Baekhyun!”

“I promise mother.” Agreed Baekhyun, shaking in head in agreement, despite the fear that it was inundating his body.

“I promise too Mamma!” came Chanyeol’s voice, making their heads turn to the younger.

“What do you promise?” asked Ji Eun, her voice shaking slightly but with a smile on her face.

“I promise to take care of Jonginnie and Baekhyunnie forever!”

Ji Eun hugged her children, both of them, keeping them close to her chest.

“Thank you my babies!”

Chanyeol gave her a smile before merrily going back to his homework. Baekhyun, on the other hand, stood next to his mother, his hand clasped tightly on hers.

“Are people coming for Jongin?”

“Yes, they are! I am sure that they will come for him.”

“But I hear nothing, mother! They can be more understanding and not harm Jongin.”

As soon as the words came out from his mouth, as by some kind of magic, his father came through the door, a bloodied gash on his face, his eyes dark and worried. Baekhyun had never seen his father worried; tired, yes, annoyed, yes, but never worried.

“They are coming for him!” he said as soon as he got near his wife. “They are coming for Jongin and their intentions are to annihilate him.”

Baekhyun looked horrified to his smaller brother, to the innocent little child who sat on top of a furry pelt, with his furrowed gaze as he tried to read the complicated words on a book that Baekhyun himself had been reading.

“No!” he blurted, looking at his parents.

Both Ji Eun and Jun Ki looked over at their son, he young teenager who was scared out of his mind of this situation yet hold on to his common sense and his rational side to try and help everything.

“I am going to try and stall them!” said his father. “But I’m only one, so I fear that I won’t be able to stop them.”

“Father!” Baekhyun’s voice came all scratchy and wavering as he called the man.

“I need you Baekhyun to go and pack some things for you and your brothers and then lead them out, into the forest, through the small window on the back of the hut.”

“And I will stall them if they get inside!” declared Ji Eun suddenly, very resolute with a serious look onto her mate’s face.

“Ji Eun…”

“It’s necessary Jun Ki; it will give them more than enough time to get out of here. Out and very far away; away from this monsters”

And that had been the plan: Baekhyun packed for his brothers with the help of his mother while his father, after kissing his wife and hugging tightly each of his sons, went outside to hold out the angry mob that was, no doubt, coming towards their hut. They could hear, in the distance, the footsteps and the increasing growls of the other wolves of their community getting near.

His mother, on the other side, alternated between kissing and hugging them repeatedly. While she was doing just so, a particular loud and pained whine, made them stop. They recognized the sound. Baekhyun whimpered slightly.

“Father!”

His little brothers were confused but they followed his lead and his mother’s words to the line. They passed Chanyeol through the window first and then Jongin. Just as Baekhyun was preparing himself to slide through the window too, his mother held his arms.

“Take care of you and your brother. No matter what, trust each other and stay together! Promise me that you will never leave them, that you’ll always protect them, Baekhyunnie, promise me!” she asked him, pale faced and tears pooling in her eyes.

“I will, mother! I promise!” he declared firmly, some tears sliding down his cheeks. “Promise me that you’ll find us when you can. You and father.”

“I don’t think I can promise you that baby. But if can, if … I can surpass this, I will find you!”

Baekhyun nodded and let himself go through the window. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he commanded his brothers to shift and run with them, stating that explanations will be given when he could.

It was the last time that he saw his mother and his father.

He didn’t exactly know what people had done to them but both him and his brothers had known the exact moment where their mother ceased to exist. They had ran through the forest for about two hours, Baekhyun being careful to disguise their scent as they go, as taught to him by his father, when a deep pain in his chest made him double over and gasp. It had been enough to send him, on his knees, to the ground and he could see that his brother were exactly in the same position as he was, feeling the same.

The pain was numbing and sharp, as soon as it came, it went away leaving a feeling of hollowness inside him, as if all of his thoracic cavity has been empty. He had the urge to tilt his head back and howl due to the sudden grief that assaulted him but he knew that it was not the best of ideas.

The day that they ran away, the day that their parents died and the day that Baekhyun had to suddenly let go of all the scarce innocence he had left in him was also the day his and Chanyeol’s eyes changes colors, deep golden eyes changing into a myriad of colors, that looked like a gem stone that sparkled in the sun.

It had changed them, changed them in lot of ways that they didn’t expect, they all forgot about the innocence they had, turning them into far more quiet and calculating men, rough and haggard from the life they were forced to lead.

They had been young, very young and living alone on the forest, making do to survive had not been easy and Baekhyun had struggled a lot to take care of his younger brothers but he had done it. After living almost three years sleeping in small caves and feeding off fruits and small animals that they were able to hunt, Baekhyun not being able to sleep a full night properly without hearing Chanyeol’s and Jongin’s cries, they found some shelter with the nymphs.

Nymphs, or at least water nymphs, despite not fully comprehending and fearing Jongin a lot, they didn’t mind having them in their community, being very nice and hospitable, and with them the trio learned many things that helped him survive in the wild, especially about being in tune with Mother Nature and relying on Her to help them survive.

However, after two years with the nymphs, they heard about a pack of wolves approaching that area and they left, not wanting to endanger them, moving south, following the instructions of the nymphs to find the banshee community. They thoughts that, since the banshee’s had some psychic powers, they could have some wisdom to share with them regarding Jongin.

Jongin’s premonitions had come barreling in as soon as he reached fourteen years old and at fifteen it was beginning to get to him and it was increasingly hard for him to maintain his sanity over it.

It had been a difficult time and it created a rift between two of them: Baekhyun and Chanyeol had grown apart over the years. Baekhyun, in all in inexperience, had tried to take care of them the best way he knew but not all of his decisions had been agreed by Chanyeol. Chanyeol had never agreed living so many times with the nymphs and he hadn’t agreed with leaving the banshees.

Baekhyun saw thigs in a different prism. Being with the nymphs for so long had helped him grow up and mature a little more; Chanyeol didn’t see the point in that, insisting that when Jongin begun to show signs of not being able to handle his abilities but Baekhyun knew what was his brother breaking point and that had been the reason to why he spent so much time with them. Baekhyun was a child himself and he needed this! It might be a little selfish on him but how could he keep the promise that he did to his mother.

The head nymph, a beautiful older woman named Hee Jin, had counsel him; she told him, once he told her his story, that he needed to be prepared because a lot was at stake and there would also be a lot for him to face along the way. She had been straightforward and told him that he needed to stop being afraid and start to be a man in order to protect his brothers.

Hee Jin had also told him that there were many things that he needed to learn, much things about nature that would help in in his task. He took private lessons with her: she taught him how to understand Nature, how to understand the elements and to use them to his benefit, she taught him to understand creatures and, most importantly, to respect It.

Little by little, Baekhyun begun to be better hunt, at creating new tactics to catch animals instead of pure chasing; he also knew what plants and what roots to eat and a whole new plethora of knowledge that he took by heart.

He kind of wished that he could stay more time with her, to absorb more knowledge, to grow more but Jongin’s condition had worsen, Chanyeol was madly irate at him and the threat of a pack coming to close to where they were. He also didn’t want to admit that the affection that the older nymph bestowed upon him was good. He spent so much time taking care of others and he had already lost part of his family twice… it just felt nice.

The time with the banshees had been a peculiar experience, Baekhyun begun working with Chanyeol, teaching him what Hee Jin had taught him but Chanyeol didn’t see the point and that only managed to create further distance between them. Chanyeol was a gentle soul who had a lot of anger inside of him and he constantly vent out by yelling at other people, hitting them and just letting all out; Chanyeol had a fiery kind of fury that was like molten lava and just poured out of it from time to time but it took little to calm down.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, had a lot of repressed ire; there were a lot of things he didn’t say or couldn’t properly express, he was a little socially stunted, but instead of lashing out, like Chanyeol did, he kept things inside, so, in comparison, if Chanyeol was fire, Baekhyun was ice: cold, distant and brusque.

Their personalities and different points of view and ways of expressing themselves were the catalyst of why they head butted so much. If they ever agreed on something was on Jongin: he had always been the top priority if them both, even when they didn’t see eye to eye on the majority of the time.

Now, at the present time, while looking at the people in front of him, Baekhyun wasn’t quite sure as what to think. He remembered clearly about that wendigo, if it really was a wendigo that had chased them and, in the end, harmed him severely. He also remembered that young boy that stumbled on them and helped him. Baekhyun’s mind, always clinic, didn’t like the contact: it was a stranger and he didn’t do well with strangers, but the boy persisted and helped them, bravely not running away when he saw their different colored eyes.

Then he collapsed and everything, pretty much up to this point, had been a feverish mess of unfocused images, hollow voices and nightmares. He guessed it had been the fever that held him back from being able to think properly but, the next thing he knew, there was someone touching him and all he could scent at the moment was a foul smell, acrid and bitter, almost like vomit, one would say and that was enough of an alert for him to snap.

Everything was confusing and waking up like this had made him say stupid thing but was he felling guilty? No! That wolf shouldn’t be here and neither should his friend.

He had looked over to Chanyeol and Jongin at the mention of the word ‘attack’ but the concern he felt evaporated when he saw that neither one of them was hurt. Baekhyun saw the enormous bird, sprawled dead on the ground, and realized where the scent was coming from, although it clung to everyone’s skin.

“What happened?” asked the small man on the floor behind Sehun.

Well, thought Baekhyun, that was exactly the same thing that he wanted to know.

“Long story short, Sehun and his friend over there, Jongdae, were strolling on the forest when this creature appeared and tried to eat them alive, or at least kill them, and then Chanyeol appeared, hero of the night, and well, Sehun brought Jongdae here since he was hurt and Chanyeol brought the creature since, apparently, it’s one of those strange… things.” Explained succinctly Jongin, a little humor on his voice to help to diffuse some of the tension that was being felt.

He looked over to Jongdae and the man looked seriously terrified, either if it was from the situation that he had surpassed right now or simply because of the intimidating men in front of him.

Sehun, bless his heart, immediately went to his friend and started fussing over him, trying to see if his back was healing properly and to just generally comfort him, since the poor thing really looked shaken up.

“Are you okay, Dae?” he heard the taller ask.

“My back hurts a lot.” Replied the shorter, moving with some difficulty. “And was that all that happened last night? What about the colorful eyes?”

Sehun froze immediately; he knew what he was referring to, Jongdae had seen Chanyeol’s eyes, which were the same color of Baekhyun’s eyes. He could tell who the eyes belong to and end with his friend’s misery, who was probably thinking that there were abnormal, or at least more than usual, creatures roaming in the woods. However, he didn’t wish to reveal a secret that it wasn’t meant for him to reveal, he had promised that he would keep his mouth shut and he did, Jongdae finding about their presence in the woods had not been his fault, technically it had been Chanyeol who had been snooping around and calling attention for himself.

He looked over at Jongin, in panic, trying to get the other to help him with this predicament. Jongin’s eyes caught his and smiled slightly. It was clear that the other was extremely lost.

“Worry not Sehun, everything is okay!”

“You know them?” asked Jongdae looking at his friend with wide eyes.

“Sehun met us the other day when Baekhyun over there was hurt. He graciously stepped up to help us with Baekhyun’s wounds since our knowledge on the medical field are sparse and… well, we would probably kill him or let him die.” Retorted Jongin.

“Who are you even?” asked Jongdae, his usual sweet tone, taking a turn into the offensive and rude corner, making Sehun look at him in disbelief.

“I’m Jongin, this is Chanyeol and that one over there, standing but barely, is Baekhyun. It’s a pleasure to meet you Jongdae.”

Jongdae looked so lost that Sehun had the urge to hug his friend because, hell, Jongdae looked truly cute like that.

“What do we do know?” asked Chanyeol in Jongin’s direction; wanted or not, the man was their unofficial leader and it was to them that they resorted to answer the question ‘what’s next?’.

“The next we do is to figure that thing out.” Replied Jongin pointing out to the creature on the floor. “As we already could understand, it’s not what it looks like. This is not the typical harpy that’s for sure and we need to understand why this happened, how it happened and the purpose behind it. It’s not the first it happened, it also happened with the wendigo with serpent like attributes…”

“Wait!” called Jongdae looking to Sehun. “That’s why you did all that questions about that tooth you found out, the wendigo stuff and the basilisk?”

“It was.” Replied the said man, his face falling a little at the fact that he was just caught at omitting the truth.

However, as it seemed, Jongdae was far more enthusiastic over the fact that his theory about the basilisk might have been truth instead. The truth was that, although Jongdae loved Luhan a lot, they were really good friends, the older beta was a sceptic through and through and it was difficult for the younger to voice his thoughts out loud without being laughed upon. History was an interest of Jongdae and it hurt that his theories and his studies where often matter of joke; the worst was that it wasn’t only Luhan who did that, other people did too.

“I was right then? Was it a basilisk?”

“It might have been.” Answered Jongin truthfully. “His teeth were nothing like the ones wendigos have and, since Baekhyun here was hurt and the medicine and treatment that Sehun applied to him seems to be having positive results, if not a basilisk, I am going to assume that some kind of serpent, which, getting to the point, wasn’t supposed to happen. And now apparently, we have some type of harpy.”

Jongdae perked up at the name, looking behind them at the dead thing, eyes widening slightly at what he saw.

“It certainly has some characteristics that do not, typically, belong to a harpy, like, for example, from what it looks like from afar, boar-like fangs and the serpent like hair on her. Also, there seems to be a suspicious bronze tint on her hands, typical of the gorgons. It’s so very interesting; I would love to see it nearer.”

Jongdae meant to say something else, to maybe proceed with his passionate speech, but he stopped once he saw one of the men around him, looking at him with astonished eyes, making him blush a little. He didn’t quite remember all their names yet.

“I’m sorry! I get a little enthusiastic at times.” He said with a squeak.

“That is not a problem, Jongdae. Your enthusiasm is welcomed; you also have so much knowledge that you put us a little to shame.” Laughed Jongin, presenting a smile to the nervous man. “You made very good observations. But how could you prove scientifically that it’s … well, a mix, perhaps, of two species?”

“I don’t actually have the tools to do that. I can point you the characteristics from each species and make a blunt assumption based on what I see…” began Jongdae, leaning a little on Sehun, who promptly caught him, since he was starting to hurt a little, while biting his lip, chewing lightly at it, pensively. “but I cannot prove it scientifically: it’s not my field of expertize. I am not on the medical field which, in our pack, takes care of that part.”

“But if you got could access to the proper instruments of analysis, could you?”

“Well, I could give some input and advice, based on historical data but other than that…I fear I won’t be much of a help.”

“Maybe if we had the proper instruments like microscopes and test tubes and stuff like that and with books, we could make some kind of progress.”

Both Sehun and Jongdae looked curiously at Jongin, intrigued by the choice of words.

“Microscopes?”

“Yes, microscopes! You know that object with a set of lenses that allows one to enlarge an image of something to a more visible one. It’s used on really small things.” Clarified Jongin. “Surely you have it!”

“No, we don’t.” replied Jongdae swiftly. “I know what they, I’ve seen pictures on really old books that our pack kept from ancestors era. We don’t have that kind of equipment, the majority was burned long time ago, wolf packs aren’t allowed to have them, it’s forbidden not very long time ago. When I was very little according to Minseok.”

“Forbidden?” asked Chanyeol with a frown on his face. “It wasn’t forbidden in mine. I clearly remember my teacher running several experiments with those, to teach us about cells among other things.”

“But it was banned! The Council said so!” mumbled Jongdae. “I remember Minseok and older wolves saying that first they apprehended the older equipment and then, gradually the books. They said that it was orders from the wolf congregation. Only few things were spared.”

“Why?” asked Chanyeol “I know that our lifestyles are very different from our ancestors and that the evolving process only made it more obvious, I mean, we do not have much in common but the last wolf congregation that existed, the one that regulates the laws of all the existing wolf packs in the world, didn’t ban human technology, any of it. If anything, they allowed it to be kept for pack to study our common ancestors, to know their stories and to use some of the remarkable things that they left us; we just need to use them rationally as so it won’t occur to us what it did to them. Just that!”

Sehun and Jongdae regarded each other; it was a shock to them to hear the words that came out of Chanyeol’s mouth. It also left some doubt: was he really telling the truth and their Council was lying or was Chanyeol the lying one? They didn’t know Chanyeol that long that his word was considered truth in their book but, then again, their Council hadn’t the best reputation.

“There is a way of finding if they keep things from us…” began Sehun slowly.

“There is?” asked Jongdae looking to him in surprise, face immediately scrunching up in pain due to moving so fast.

“Yes. I once got severely grounded for touching books…”

“Stealing them…” inputted Jongdae earning him an affronted look from Sehun making Jongin laugh a little and even Chanyeol’s lips were pulled upwards.

“…that I touched without permission. While I was punished I heard a conversation between Soo Man, the current Head Wolf of the Council, and someone else that the books were to be kept in the outskirt hut. That can mean that other things, along with the books, can be kept on that said hut. I don’t know where it is, there are places that common wolfs cannot get into, only some higher placed members of our pack are allowed. I could try and find it and see what it is being kept there.”

“That’s a good idea…” rumbled Chanyeol.

“No it’s not!” replied Jongdae horrified “If he gets caught the consequences will be too severe! Remember Kibum two weeks ago? He suffered a public beating just because he was caught reading a book about the theories of evolution of the species. He was in really bad shape and his partner Jonghyun spent weeks on his bed side because he was too week to even bear to get from bed. And it was because of a mistake. Imagine if you’re caught actively searching for it? Can’t we talk to someone about it?”

“No!” This time the reply came from Baekhyun. “The more people that know, the more dangerous it is for everyone!”

“I have to agree with him on that!” added Jongin softly. “If your pack knows about us it could end badly for us and for you. We are strangers in someone else’s territory and you’ll be accused of not reporting the situation.”

“But I can at least try!” insisted Sehun.

“I am sure you can but I would like to come with a better plan than actually send you into the wolf’s den, pardon me the pun, if there is a chance of you getting hurt.” Replied Jongin. “You have done us a great favor by taking care of Baekhyun and helping us, I don’t wish for you to get hurt.”

“What do we do then?” asked Jongdae. “What can be done? We know what course to follow but what can we actively do?”

“For the moment, until we get a better plan, try and get information on the said hut. If we know the location it’s a plus for us. The rest we figure out afterwards, as we go.” Said Jongin, sitting on the floor in front of Sehun and Jongdae.

“That’s assuming what we will help.” Replied Jongdae calmly.

Jongin gave them a look and tilted his head to the side curiously.

“I know you’ll help.”

“How can you be so certain of that?” asked Jongdae, pure honesty dripping from his voice. “While I do want to do this because it’s intriguing and something that I want to solve, just for the sake of my curiosity, the chances of being caught are big and the consequences of getting caught are bad!”

“I just know.” Smiled Jongin, his eyes crinkling softly and pleasantly until he flashed them to the pair one the floor.

Jongdae gasped loudly and Sehun felt as if the oxygen was just taken out of his system and his lungs stopped functioning as soon as they saw the color of the other’s eyes.

Pale green.

 

 

 

A/N: Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! One more chapter down! In this chapter, there was a lot to learn about Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongin's life. Who had guessed they were brothers? Although, tecnically, Baekhyun is adopted, which doesn't matter at all, family is family! As you see, their life was miserable from birth and now they only have each other and are constantly in danger because of Jongin's condition, who is an oracle! YES, sweet Jongin is an oracle, as he revealed in the last bits of this chapter: the pale green eyes! Dun dun duuuuuuun!
Also, there is a little distrust about certain behaviors in Sehun and Jongdae's pack! Could there be a motive for all the secrecy and the censorship? How do you think Jongdae and Sehun are going to react to the news? What about Jongin, what were the reasons for the reveal? And what do you think of the trio's dynamic, with Jongin acting like a mediator between his older brothers? And Chanyeol's motives?
Please, pleeeeeeease, tell me all about it via comment or PM! If you liked the story, please upvote it, it would make me immensely happy and subscribe to this or other stories that you may like!
Now, as always, please, remember to stay healthy, stay safe, love others and let yourself be loved in returned, and be very, very, very HAPPY!
Have an amaaaaaaaazing week and enjoy yourselves a lot!
Lots of love,
<3