Smile

The Berserker

Explaining the whole story, once again, to Minseok was, well, kind of boring if you asked Jongin. He was getting truly tired of having to explain everything over and over again while nothing was being done. However, if he was being truthful to himself, there was also the fact that he had been increasingly nervous the past few days. Why? Because he hadn’t had a vision in a while, and that was something that he wasn’t used to. Ever since Jongin was about three years old, he used to have at least two or three visions a week, sometimes really small ones, barely visible, other times really aggressive ones that left him vomiting and with a huge migraine afterwards; the fact that he hadn’t seen, not even the smallest thing, for a while was unsettling and it kept him on edge: he hated it,

He had not said a word to either one of his brothers but he had the slightest suspicion that Baekhyun might’ve noticed something was off. It didn’t surprise him, Chanyeol was busy with his courtship with Jongdae and Baekhyun had always been a tad more perceptive.

What surprise him was the fact that Sehun seemed to pick up that Jongin wasn’t really feeling well these days, but who’s to blame him? He and Baekhyun seemed inseparable lately, and so in tune with one another that it was something that was bound to happen really.

Jongin wondered why Baekhyun hadn’t said anything yet, his frustration was palpable, especially in the two days where he had been closed up inside Jongdae’s small hut, due to the storm and yet his brother just observed.

Minseok and Kyungsoo eventually moved to the first’s house, partially because it was safer than the temple, Kyungsoo’s room could always collapse due to the severity of the weather, and it was safer for Kyungsoo overall since the previous attack to the temple; however, the main reason was to give some space to Minseok. The alpha had been blown away by the news he received, and being in a room filled with alphas didn’t do much to calm him down, the man needed space and time with Kyungsoo and, since Kyungsoo was under the protection of the Guardians, no one would dare say anything against him, not even the Council.

Yixing was supposed to stay in the same hut as Minseok and Kyungsoo but he opted not to since his brother, his little brother, was in another hut; he wasn't ready to let his brother out of his sight yet, he needed the smaller man to stay in his line of vision for a little longer.

Right now, Jongdae was cooking a hearty meal for all of them, putting Chanyeol in charge of peeling onions, carrots and potatoes for a stew while he prepared some meat that Seungwan had brought him, picking out the bones and the fat from a nice piece of a buck that had been caught recently. Jongin was having a lot of fun watching as Chanyeol struggled to use the knife to peel the vegetables provided by Jongdae, clearly not used to it. It was also kind of sweet how Jongdae, who was just the sweetheart, with some fond exasperation, explained to Chanyeol how to peel them, demonstrating a couple of times and not even getting mad when the tall berserker took chunks out of the vegetables.

Yixing was sleeping away, lying in an improvised bed in a corner of the room, making awfully funny yipping noises that Jongin noted that were fairly similar to the ones that Baekhyun made in his sleep.

The man in question, Baekhyun, was sitting beside Sehun, both men talking about something that Jongin didn’t want to pry on, he was not a busybody. He was really, really close to Sehun apparently. While it didn’t faze Jongin one bit, his brother was free to enjoy the company of whomever he wanted, but it was amazing how relaxed his brother looked in the other's company.

It was really nice to see his brother's looking like this, so peaceful and so content; he wished that he could see his brother's like this all of the time, but reality has a mind of it's own.

He didn’t notice Chanyeol sitting beside him until the male almost knocked him out of his chair.

“Be careful.” He grumbled slightly, managing to straighten up on the chair.

“Sorry, Jongdae told me to sit and rest but I think he was tired of me killing the potatoes.” He mumbled with a slight smile on his face, a lovesick expression painted on his face at the mention of his mate. Jongin supposed that finding a mate would do that to a person.

“You were murdering those potatoes… if supper turns out to be awful I know who to blame.”

“It’s going to be good; just because my cooking skills are horrible doesn’t mean that Jongdae's is.”

“True…” replied the younger absentmindedly.

“And what are you observing so intently?” asked the taller crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Baekhyun.”

“What about him?” asked Chanyeol, eyes immediately turning to the said male, who was currently applying some sort of cream onto Sehun’s back, trying to get the skin not to pull so much.

“Him and Sehun look rather close, don’t they?”

It was a rhetorical question, Chanyeol was fully aware of that and the tone of his brother’s voice didn’t exactly leave room to think otherwise, but he answered it anyway.

“They do actually. I almost want to say that ever since we came to this hut and whatever conversations they had, brought them together. I personally don’t know what to say about the relationship itself, but it seems to do some good to Baekhyun: he looks peaceful.”

“Exactly my thoughts but… Baekhyun was never the one to open up quickly to anyone, what makes Sehun different?”

“I don’t really know but do you really want to question it? He looks content, isn’t that enough?” questioned Chanyeol looking over at Jongin inquisitively.

Jongin seemed to ponder over his brother’s words; Baekhyun did look content, heck, Baekhyun was more content than Jongin had ever seen him! However, he couldn’t help but to want to protect his brother, fraternal instincts talking louder, and coddle his brother by trying to find something suspicious about Sehun’s behavior.

“What seems to be the problem, Jongin? You seem kind of, I don’t know, displeased?” asked Chanyeol with a sigh.

Jongin almost wanted to raise an eyebrow in his brother’s direction: was this really impulsive and hot headed Chanyeol speaking? He looked at the ceiling for a while, pondering his words before speaking.

“I am not saying that I don’t like it but… it’s Baekhyun you know? It’s our big brother who is always so stoic and who doesn’t openly shows emotions and takes all of the world’s pain as his own, so that other people don’t have to suffer. It’s Baekhyun who will do everything for you until he drops down exhausted. I would just hate to see this, whatever he has with Sehun, go wrong.”

“First of all, I think you should let things run through their natural course; I mean, Baekhyun is a grown man and he needs to experiment with relationships other than us two, it will do him some good, especially with his social skills, in which needs a serious brush up. Secondly, we don’t know nor can we predict the nature of this relationship: they could just be great friends, they could go back to strangers when this all ends, they could end up being mates; we don’t know, but we should respect it and let them figure it out by themselves. Lastly, I don’t think Sehun is a bad kid, maybe a little too reserved, maybe a little too quiet but, in a way, he might just be the one to push Baekhyun out of his shell without scaring or forcing him: he is gentle, he is smart and he is patient, so let’s wait and see what this turns out to be.”

“You are strangely poetic and sensible, Chanyeol.” Commented Jongin dryly, although the taller saw the amusement in the younger’s eyes. “Finding a mate has made you far more reasonable and thoughtful.”

Chanyeol laughed lowly and Jongin almost wanted to smack him at how surreal it was that him: Chanyeol, the impulsive and hot headed firecracker, was being reassuring and saying things that made a lot of sense while being totally calm.

“Perhaps.” He agreed peacefully. “I never imagined that one day I would find someone I would like to call a mate, I honestly thought that I was destined to be alone but, meeting Jongdae, despite our rocky start, and being properly aware that he is my mate, made me rearrange my perspectives. I hope someday you’ll be able to experience what it is to court someone, to have a mate. You can really say that the world really swerves off of it's axis when you find that person and your priorities adapt to their needs.”

“Is that why you are being so sensible?” asked the younger with humor.

“Partially, yes!” replied the taller with a shrug, surprising Jongin. “Jongdae doesn’t need someone who is aggressive all of the time, he doesn’t need me to perpetuate the behaviors that he was used to as a child and a teenager, he needs someone more level headed, less aggressive who can still protect him but with whom he can count on, rely on and come to when he needs a safe haven from whatever it is that is bothering him. I want to be that for him. I want to be the person he chooses, but that means I have to adapt myself to him. We have spoken about this.”

“That’s very mature of you. Who would’ve guessed you had that side of you?”

“I don’t know; probably nobody. I can tell you that having a home and people to talk to, to share our burden, to help us and just to socialize makes a big impact, you know. It’s like I am suddenly getting rekindled with the more human side of me instead of letting all my primal instincts as a wolf dominate me. You can say I am being housebroken if you wish.”

“Who are you and what have you done to my brother?” asked Jongin in mock surprise, the smile on his face letting Chanyeol know how proud he was at the taller’s words and at his new attitude.

“I am still me. I am just…I am trying; for me, for you and for Jongdae. I know that I am not the easiest person to talk to, that my personality sometimes gets in the way but Jongdae made me see that I wasn’t being fair to you nor to Baekhyun, especially Baekhyun: I blamed him for a lot of things that happened in our lives, I was difficult and mutinous when, in reality, all he did was try his best for us to survive. He tried so hard and I feel guilty when I think about how I treated him. And I am trying for Jongdae, who deserves the best and for me as well, because if I want to make the best of life, I need to be better. I want to be better than I was yesterday and tomorrow I want to be better than I was today. It’s a process and I am getting there.”

“I am proud of you Chanyeol.” Replied the smaller gently, patting his brother on the arm, watching him as he smiled slightly, crookedly even, before he stood up to help Jongdae when he heard the smaller beta huff in frustration at something he was doing.

Jongin observed as Chanyeol joined his mate. There was a certain amount of jealousy mixed with longing as he looked over them: the way Chanyeol described the situation, it made it seem like this mating thing was something magical and he found himself craving for something of the sorts.

However, as he wished to find a mate for himself, there was an equal part of him, far too cynical, that whispered inside his mind, that mating was nothing more than pheromones exploding into the air and forcing people together. The mating process was fairly based on an almost chemical match between two wolves, their pheromones, their scents, captivating each other, making and developing an interest and eventually mating; Jongin hated to think that it started out off as a chemical connection instead of attraction and love but he was a hopeless romantic, what was he supposed to do?

Besides, a part of him, a large part of him, yelled into his brain that he was different and that difference would have made him forever unwanted, the odd one out. His brothers, both of them, despite their obvious flaws, could easily find someone to call a mate, someone to love, because they didn’t have those visions that tormented him from time to time; sure, they also kept him alive at some points but Jongin wanted more than that: he wanted someone to look at him and find him breathtaking even with his condition, someone who looked over at him, other than his older brothers, and loved him, someone to think of him when he was not around and to miss him when his skin was no longer in contact with theirs.

He sighed, a sound that came from deep within his chest, from the bottom of his heart, especially when he looked at how Chanyeol, the big oaf, interacted with Jongdae, who step by step, slowly but surely, was allowing Chanyeol closer and closer, looking at him with fond eyes and some trepidation; especially when he looked over at Baekhyun and saw his brother transform into a whole new person as he talked away with Sehun, even though he was sure none of them had stepped over the romantic line yet. He was happy; don’t think otherwise, he just wanted the same.

With another sigh, he allowed his head to fall in between his folded arms, resting it there and trying to quite down every thought process that was currently wiring in his brain. While sighing, he failed to see the set of eyes focused on him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun noticed when Jongin looked down to his arms, something heavy weighting him down and making the tall man look troubled down and kind of sad. It was disturbing, for the lack of better word; Jongin was level headed and the lighter of the three brothers, the one who exuded positivity and had an encouraging word.

The beta looked over at Baekhyun, who was analyzing carefully the contents of a cream that Sehun had developed to help reduce scar tissue along with Jongdae and Luhan.

“Your brother seemed to be in a bad mood.” He commented lightly not wanting to alarm the smaller wolf.

Baekhyun paused what he was doing to look at Sehun. His eyes glanced very briefly at Jongin and he let out a sigh before answering.

“I know. I have noticed it.”

“I am surprise that you haven’t done anything yet. You are very protective of him; I’d figure that you would have already tried to figure out what’s wrong by now.” He stated, not bothering to sugarcoat the words, knowing that Baekhyun was far more appreciative of the hard, cold honesty than beating around the bush.

“While that is very much true, I do like to protect him and assure that he is safe, I can only do that when I sense a physical threat; when Jongin is like this, somewhat upset over something that his mind conjured up, I can only do so much.” Replied the male with a small smile that Sehun didn’t know how to describe in any other way except for not happy. “I can't force him to speak to me and there are some things that, no matter how much I want to, I can’t help him with.”

“Oh?” interjected Sehun with a raised eyebrow. “Like what?”

“Self-doubt.” Replied Baekhyun honestly. “Heart matters; those are the types of problems that I cannot help him with. It leaves me anxious, to be perfectly honest, but I don’t have a say in that. I can try and talk to him, assure him, hear him out, counsel him, but words can only do so much. It’s hard, sometimes, to believe in something when life shows you differently.”

“Jongin doesn’t seem to be the type of man to doubt himself easily. Out of the three of you he seems the more confident one… well, maybe second since Chanyeol is even more confident.”

“Well, first of all you cannot exactly determine how someone’s mind works, basing yourself solely on the way they portray themselves,” began Baekhyun slowly. “sometimes it’s not that accurate and that happens to be Jongin’s case: he looks confident but he is, in fact, a person who judges himself harshly…”

“Sounds like someone I know!” interjected Sehun looking pointedly at Baekhyun who ignored him.

“…and deals with a lot of self-esteem issues; it’s not easy to be the one who’s labeled as the freak. Being an Oracle is pretty much enrolling yourself unwillingly for a life where everyone kicks at you, even when you are already down. Not fun, not easy and not wanted at times. Jongin is a lot like that, he acknowledges what he is but it doesn’t mean that he actually likes it, he just accommodates himself to live like this, with his…condition, if you may call it. Also, Chanyeol I wouldn’t call Chanyeol confident, he is borderline arrogant and cocky at times.” Replied the older good naturedly, throwing a little jab at his brother playfully.

“Hmm...”hummed Sehun lowly at the back of his throat, making Baekhyun look over at him. “What about things with Yixing?”

Baekhyun seemed to pause at the sudden question, body freezing momentarily and almost imperceptibly, if not for Sehun's keen eye.

“I honestly don’t know.” Confessed the man with a tired sigh “It is so overwhelming to have him here; of course I appreciate it, as I have said before, he is my brother and I do like him and want him near me but, at the same time, his constant nearness and eagerness for approval makes me feel pressured and at loss, I am not used to being a constant source of attention for anyone. Also, sometimes, it feels as if him and Chanyeol plus Jongin are competing to see who is more entitled to call themselves my brother, it’s unsettling and I don’t like it: it really bothers me.”

“Did you tell him that? Or Chanyeol? Or Jongin?”

“I don’t know how to express myself without offending them: I am not that good with words.”

“I think you are good with words but the subject itself is difficult.” Pointed Sehun, understanding the reason as tp why Baekhyun felt the way he was feeling. “But I don’t think you should fret over this, continue to act like you do, treating them the same way and backing out when you feel it to be too overwhelming. They are either going to confront you and make you explain why you feel uncomfortable, or they understand that you don’t like it and back out by themselves. It’s not really rocket science.”

“You speak as if I am not a socially impaired person.” Replied Baekhyun with humor in his voice. “I need someone to explain those obvious things to me, otherwise I would drown myself in my own thoughts.”

“I’m glad I can prove myself to you my disciple.” Joked Sehun making Baekhyun let out a short bout of laughter that made Yixing twitch in his sleep and the other three to look in his direction, which caused some embarrassment

Sehun gazed at the male with a sudden feel of fondness as the tips of the male’s ears tinged red at being caught doing something that was so uncommon of him. Baekhyun was someone different from the people he was used to, and it was refreshing. Sehun was used to the lively and joyous people that were his friends, the calmest of them all, excluding perhaps himself, was Kyungsoo and that was saying a lot, and finding someone so calm, collected at all times was fascinating; Sehun was fascinated by Baekhyun and he had kind of run out of reasons to deny that fact.

At times, more than Sehun would like to admit, he felt embarrassed with himself for how much he looked over to Baekhyun just to observe him and store all the little things he did into his brain, on how much he actively desires the male’s attention, much like a teenager wolf did when the desires to be courted hit them on their transition into adulthood.

Sehun had never been like this; it was something so strange to him that it almost felt as if he had lost his footing and that threw him out of the loop. He hated it and yet, he enjoyed the feeling.

He shook his head once and smiled widely when Baekhyun looked over at him with a strongly contained curiosity.

Time, he thought to himself. He would give time itself some time so that he could make heads and tails about Baekhyun, about himself and about everything. In the meantime, he would continue to discover and unveil all that Baekhyun was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sighed deeply as he looked over at his younger brother, taking in the pensive look in his face as well as the almost invisible pout on his lips. He didn’t know what it was that the younger was thinking about but he certainly didn’t like how it made his brother look so sad. Worst thing was there was probably nothing that he could do about it; he could ask what was bothering him but some probabilities were against him and this was just one of those: Jongin would never tell him what was going on with him.

“What are you thinking about?”

The melodic voice of Jongdae brought him back to the present time and he turned his head to look at the beauty of a man beside him, looking over at him with smiling eyes and upturned lips.

“Nothing.” He replied instantaneously, without even thinking, his default answer when he didn’t want anyone to worry about something. Then, seeing how Jongdae’s smile faulted slightly, he backtracked quickly. “I mean, it’s nothing with me personally. I was just looking at Jongin and somehow he looks a little down.”

Jongdae perked up a little when he noticed the effort that Chanyeol was making to make him feel included and important and looked over at the Oracle, who looked gloomy indeed.

“Oh!” he exclaimed, pausing a little in his cooking. “Do you know why?”

“No, I don’t and I can tell you right away that I’ll never know, Jongin likes to keep things for himself, he will ever tell me anything about it. It’s kind of engraved in us, you know, not talking about our problems.”

“You’re talking to me.” Pointed Jongdae, raising his eyebrows at the taller male.

“You are different.” Explained Chanyeol with so much conviction that Jongdae blushed heavily.

“I don’t…” stuttered the beta, flustered at the declaration.

“Don’t try and undermine yourself.” Chided Chanyeol as gently as he knew how to be. “You are different; maybe not to them but to me you are. I know that you may think that I’m just speaking thanks to our biologic nature and I am not going to lie and tell you that it doesn’t play a big role in our bond, but you still have the power to decide whether you want it or not, whether or not you accept me. And you can be sure that I am going to try my best so that you can say yes.”

Jongdae was the color of a ripe tomato by now, nodding slightly at the taller’s words, a feeling of elation overpowering him and leaving him completely contented. Who would’ve guessed that he, the small and nerdy Jongdae, would have found a suitor before many of the wolves of his age, who constantly about his lack of charms ever since he was a pup. Without even realizing his eyes creased into a pleased, albeit shy smile that looked absolutely radiant, at least Chanyeol thought as much.

Acting purely on impulse, even though he thought about it for two seconds, Chanyeol leaned forward, earning him a surprised gasp from Jongdae before he pressed his lips to the soft apple cheek of the beta. The upturned lips looked tantalizing enough for Chanyeol to kiss them but he wouldn’t; aside from that being disrespectful, since he didn’t ask Jongdae for permission, he didn’t want to cross any limit with his actions, after all Jongdae and him were still in a courting phase; just because he was not good at socialization didn’t mean that he didn’t have good instincts when it came to courtship.

Jongdae was absolutely astounded at the gesture. For a split second, Jongdae really thought that the taller man was going to kiss him on the lips. Him! Jongdae! The one who had never been kissed before, but the man kissed him on the cheek. Somehow, for him, the gesture had turned out to be far more romantic than a kiss on the lips would ever be. Why? Because he was respectful and he was actually making a visible effort that made Jongdae preen a little under the attention.

“You are so pretty.” Commented Chanyeol lightly seeing Jongdae’s rosy cheeks, his sparkly eyes and the sweet smile; the man looked positively beautiful.

Jongdae couldn’t possibly blush any further but he gave a bashful smile in Chanyeol’s direction before elbowing him slightly in the stomach, earning himself a grunt.

“Stop complimenting me and continue to peel the vegetables please.” Mumbled Jongdae with a small laughter slipping from his upturned lips.

Chanyeol let a tentative smile play on his lips before he resumed his task, continuing to do what Jongdae had asked him to do.

He didn’t have that much time to do any peeling when the door opened quickly, a gust of strong wind managing to knock down lighter objects, ruffle their clothes and hair and wake Yixing up.

A very drenched Minseok, followed by an equally drenched Kyungsoo entered the hut, letting the spray of the rain wet the entrance of the house, before quickly getting in and closing the door behind them, looking frantic and worried which alarmed everyone.

“Minseok? Kyungsoo? What’s the matter?” asked Jongdae, immediately distressed. “It’s hell outside why were you on the streets?”

“Seungwan just warned us, the Council is after Kyungsoo.” Replied Minseok tersely, his hands around Kyungsoo in a protective manner, while the younger omega looked absolutely devastated.

“Why?” asked Sehun not understanding where this was going or even why would people be after Kyungsoo.

“Seungwan told us something worrying. She appeared today at the door of my hut and told us that she overheard a conversation between Sooyoun and someone else, that she wasn’t able to identify, stating that she had presented a motion on the Council stating that Kyungsoo should be severely punished, since he was violating his duties as a priest by having an affair with a member of this community, since they were seen in the same room together and alone. The Council has heard about this and while the Guardians are in a meeting with them to deny the accusations, claiming that Kyungsoo is under the protection of alphas lately due to the attack on the temple which can explain the situation, there are already men looking for him.”

Everyone inside the room knew that the claims were absolutely true, that Kyungsoo was, in fact, having an affair with someone, more precisely Minseok, but one thing was them knowing, another completely different thing was the Council knowing: it could lead to Kyungsoo’s death if they caught him, despite the Guardians efforts.

“Jungsu would never let anything happen to Kyungsoo, even if the rumors proved themselves to be true.” Declared Jongdae, hoping to bring some motivation to everyone.

“I know but while Jungsu can do a lot for us, the Council can easily overpower him in this situation since Yifan is not here. This isn’t a case about security so Jungsu can only do so much… and they are after Kyungsoo already.” Explained Minseok.

Sehun looked over to Kyungsoo and the man looked worse for the wear, completely drained.

“They won’t rest until they find him.” He voiced out loud, knowing that it was rather pointless to try and be cheery about the outcome of this: nothing good would ever come out of this situation. “Even if Kyungsoo was completely innocent and there was proof of it, they would manage to punish him. Why? Sooyoun absolutely hates him and the Council will follow her lead.”

“But they have no proof, they can’t do anything.” Said Yixing from where he sat.

“It doesn’t work that way.” Denied Sehun. “They don’t need proof, they are considered the law and whatever they say, goes.”

“Don’t they hold a trial?” asked Chanyeol, grabbing Jongdae by the arm seeing how upset the male was.

“No. Yifan is not here so they won’t be bothered. Kyungsoo is going to be punished publicly, much like I was, and it would probably be worse.” He declared, looking dazedly at his friend.

“They will be searching for me as we speak.” Whimpered Kyungsoo.

Minseok shushed Kyungsoo by planting a small kiss on the plump lips, not bothering in hiding his affections for the omega in front of his friends.

“You have got to get out of the village and go into hiding until Yifan returns. It’s the only way.” Pointed out Jongdae while sighing; he knew that that was the best course of action and he was done with trying to pretend things were going to be okay.

“I don’t mean to sound rude but you should be going now.” Interjected Chanyeol in a hurry, which made everyone jump into attention. “I hear them coming, they are still far but you have got to go now if you don’t want to be caught.”

Baekhyun jumped into action, looking and sounding very calm, although his eyes betrayed some of his hurry and agitation.

“Chanyeol you are a fast runner, go outside and create some sounds to attract them to you, I’ll be doing the same. Jongin you stay hidden outside and wait nearby in case Sehun or Jongdae need help. You two can go to the place we were before we came here, go to the river, wait for me past the river and I’ll show you the place. You three act as if nothing is wrong, if they come here knocking and looking for them, pretend your hardest not to know a thing; lie as best as you can.”

“Baekhyun hurry up, they are near!” warned Chanyeol while Jongin helped Minseok and Kyungsoo to cross the window at the back of the hut, leading them straight into the wilderness before he too jumped.

Chanyeol moved to the window to go after them but Jongdae grabbed his arm, making the taller look at him in confusion.

“Be careful, please.” Begged the beta looking straight into the berserker’s eyes.

“I will.” Promised the giant before kissing the male on the forehead and disappearing into the raging storm outside.

Baekhyun was mumbling something to Yixing, face serious and expression grave, when Sehun approached him, not able to conceal the anxiousness he felt. Baekhyun looked over at him and a small smile breeched his lips despite the tense situation.

“We will be careful and we’ll take of them Sehun, I promise you that Minseok and Kyungsoo will be perfectly fine.”

“I trust you.” Replied the man, sincerity flooding his words. “But please, return safely as well okay. You and Chanyeol and Jongin.”

Baekhyun gave a small nod and moved to the window. He stopped for a fraction of second there and Sehun could see that he was probably trying to say something to them but the male remained silent, only looking over at the three males inside the room before he disappeared.

Jongdae was twisting his hands nervously and Yixing looked extremely tight, his posture rigid and menacing, if Sehun was to speak truthfully.

“Calm down.” He told them, while he, himself, tried to calm himself down. “Let us do what Baekhyun said. He promised everything would be alright and I am sure that he and the others will follow through.”

As soon as Sehun finished speaking a knock was heard on the door. Sehun turned to the other two males, face changing into a mask of impassiveness.

“Now smile!”

 

 

 

A/N: Another chapter and quite early in the evening, at least on my time zone!! Things are heating up now, at least for Kyungsoo and Minseok! They are being chased off and going down together. Or so it seems. Baekhyun and Sehun are getting closer and closer by the day and even Jongdae is halfway on the path to acceptance of his mate bond with Chanyeol.
I hope that every single one of you enjoyed this chapter and please, let me know your thoughts about it and how do you think the story is going to progress! Please message me, comment on this story, subscribe or upvote it: it makes me really happy and motivated!
As always, I have many thanks to give to the amazing -lubehan, who betas this story for me! THANK YOUUUUU! LOVE YOU!
Also, I hope that you all have an amazing week and that good things happen to you!
As always, be safe and be healthy, love people and allow them to love you just as much and be so incredibly HAPPY, that the feeling just bursts out of you!
LOVE ALWAYS,
<3