Voting

The Berserker

Sehun didn’t want to get inside. He knew that their presence was requested and he hoped that everything would be okay; he had fate in it but, seriously, to go from a sunny place, content in Baekhyun’s arms, to a dark room with judgmental gazes upon them was kind of tough.

There was also an air around the people in there that was awkward and grave to say at least. Everyone was on the edge of their seats, with dark expressions and pale expressions. The immediate conclusion, the one everyone could draw out of the first glances, was that whatever had transpired in them was very serious and upsetting, probably reveals that had shocked a lot of people. A more careful look would also reveal that both parties were trying very hard to fight the nerves that they were feeling and that it was impossible to predict an outcome by their faces.

Everyone sat down on their chairs and Sehun immediately laced his hand with Baekhyun’s, trying to find himself a little comfort on the other male’s presence. Several people were doing the same, as he could see. He guessed that it was natural condition of every living being on Earth to draw comfort from each other in time of need and this was called, without a doubt, a time of need.

“Thank you so much for returning after such a long break.” Began Youngchul with a tired face; it had been too many hours and everyone was tired by now, both physically and mentally, since the subjects being handled were far too heavy for everyone’s liking. “I apologize for that but, as previously stated, there were a few issues of great importance for the subject being discussed today that couldn’t be ignored. I sincerely apologize for the long wait but the matter was finally solves and it has come to time for the voters to decide if the presence of berserkers in this village is detrimental to it and, therefore, they should neutralized or if they should be respected as equal members and integrated on our village as members. I therefore want to ask of the voters to give their final decision, explaining the motives that led to that decision so that everyone can understand clearly and for a decision to be made. Before asking to the first member to deliberate and make his decision public, I would like to refer that the following people: Park Shinyoung, Kim Heechul, Jung Hoseok and Kim Seokjin, although not having a prominent role on the initial discussion, decided to remain for the rest of the duration of the meeting, as silence supporters, of our Alpha Leader and the Guardians leader. The rest of the people that entered the room, the hybrids and their counterparts, are merely spectators of the said meeting and cannot participate actively in any part of the meeting with the exception of their presentation, as per requested by Son Seungwan, as testimonies, in order to give credibility to the arguments presented by Son Seungwan herself. That being said I would like to ask voter Jo Seho for his vote.”

Jo Seho was a small man and he was, for the lack of better description, round. His face was round, he was a little round himself and even the way his black hair fell on his forehead felt round. At first glance, he really seemed the type of man to be the light of a party, with funny features and a goofy demeanor but Sehun didn’t felt any of those things when the short man stood up, cold as ice, and opened his mouth to talk.

“I, Jo Seho, am in favor of the annihilation of the berserker wolves, on the account that they murdered a member of our community in an access of anger that was unacceptable. I realize that many people are trying to defend the wolves by stating that it was self-defense and that his mate was being hurt but, looking at the supposed mate, there are no injuries that were not healed, meaning that he wasn’t as bad as the medical team made to be, which means that the injuries weren’t bad. That being said, I also would like to refer that as that…hybrid, Jimin, said, they seek equality between hybrid and common wolves, so let their wishes be granted. Our village has laws that condemn murder and this was, without a doubt, a murder. The penalty for murder in our community is death, which supports my decision.”

Without further explanation the man sat down again.

Sehun felt discouraged at the provided speech; it seemed as if the man didn’t bother to analyze other factor than the murder and didn’t take anything else into account. He should be less surprised since Junmyeon had told him previously that it would be hard to have Seho on their side but, nonetheless, it shocked him how he could disregard so easily the arguments that were used.

Junmyeon was livid as well, Sehun saw it when he looked at the man but he guessed that with Junmyeon it was more of a matter of being appalled at the lack of an honest and just decision, two things that Junmyeon was an advocate for. It should be the best interest of a pack above everything else but, as everyone could see, even if it was just the first voter, that it wouldn’t happen and, instead, small, influential groups were being preferred over the wellbeing of everyone.

“Very well.” Nodded Youngchul. “I would like to ask voter Park Jiyoung to express her opinion and to give her vote.”

This time a middle aged woman stood up. Despite being a middle aged woman, Park Jiyoung was surprisingly young and fresh looking, in a round face and a fair complexion paired with dark eyes and an even dark hair. Sehun feared her, to be completely honest, because she was harsh and had a very cold appearance, despite her beauty. Her lips were pursued in such a tight manner and she carried herself with such stiffness that the outcome of her decision could be guessed without that much thinking.

“My decision favors the Council.” She began with a stilted speech that reminded Sehun of the older grannies at the village, pronouncing each syllable so separately from each other that it made her sound a little ridiculous Only then he seemed to process the words and his heart plummeted to the ground, completely crushed by her decision: he had expected but still hoped for the best. “I am an older woman than the majority of the people inside this room and, while many of you presented their entitled opinion on the matter, I have decided to maintain a more conservative look on the matter. These hybrids are not equal to us, they know it and we know it! I am in favor of an elitist perspective on this matter and I see that these creatures have no business wandering around our lands and freaking us all with their abnormal powers. I don’t like them, I don’t feel comfortable with them and I don’t want them to have in contact with us. Therefore, I agree with the proposal of the Council and they should all be exterminated.”

Her opinion, while very direct, which was something that Chanyeol appreciated, being a very direct person as well, had been brutal, to say the least. The woman hadn’t played any games and was straightforward but, Mother Earth, she had been so cruel. All in all, she had basically admitted that they were perceived as monsters and she wanted them about, believing that only pure wolves, read wolves without any power or strange ability, should be able to populate the Earth and they should be all killed. Frankly it was kind of scary; Chanyeol was a little afraid, although he tried not to show it, especially because Jongdae was right next to him: if everyone thought like her, they wouldn’t even be able to escape the room because he was certain that they would be killed right on the spot.

Youngchul nodded at the woman and everyone noticed the small frown on his lips that revealed that he didn’t agree with the woman. Sehun always believed him to be a fair person, hence the reason why he was the moderator for this meeting, and, once faced with good arguments and proof, he had, no doubt, favored the opinion of the Alpha Leader, even if he wasn’t able to show it or voice it. He called Jeongyeon to vote and Sehun perked up at the mention of the young woman’s name, knowing that this could be the first positive vote they would have.

“My vote is against the Council.” She affirmed resolutely. “Even if the arguments that were used weren’t as strong as they proved themselves to be, I value kindness and that was I was shown on the day of the attack. I am here today because one of the men sitting in front of us showed me kindness. He could’ve very well leave, I was a stranger to him and he had no reasons to help me in my time of need… but he did; he saved me from dead and it is thanks to him and I stand here today. I couldn’t, not in good conscience, decide against him and convict him against something that I see him, and the others, as innocents. I don’t see this as a debt to be repaid and I think that neither of them sees them as well, but I repay kindness with kindness. I am also a convict believer that instigating violence is going to solve anything which is way I not only decide against the proposal presented by the Council but also condemn such appalling resolution.”

Sehun mentally applauded her words; he was completely biased of course, since she was favoring them, however, she did made an excellent point in defending a peaceful approach of conflict resolution, opting for diplomacy, instead of simply just using more violence. As she so nicely had put it: repaying kindness with kindness.

He shared a look with Baekhyun who nodded approvingly; the berserker also seemed do agree with Jeongyeon’s opinion. The male always seemed to have a good opinion on Jeongyeon, she was a headstrong woman, who was rarely swayed by other’s opinions and she had high morals that she followed, adjusting her believes to the situation, she was fair and she would be a great asset to the pack, in a political perspective, once she was older and gained a little bit more of experience about it since she was the youngest member present at the voters table.

After Jeongyeon it was Jeonghan’s turn. The male was very young, only a year older than Jeongyeon and far more soft spoken and shy than her. It was easy to see that he felt thoroughly intimidate of being in a situation like this, where he was requested to speak in front of so many people. Nonetheless, with an elegance and a delicately that was unexpected of an alpha who was so used to hunting adventures and difficult missions as he was, he firmly stood his ground, voting in against the Council by reiterating Jeongyeon’s words and adding that a pack with members with such vast abilities would improve their defense and offense against possible attack, pointing out that, while they had managed to eliminate an enemy cell, didn’t mean that others wouldn’t come back. He also referred that an alliance between hybrids and their packs would be an interesting prospect to think about.

Jonghyun was the next and his vote was the same as Jeonghan and Jeongyeon’s. He stood up and winked, quite cheekily, at Sehun before his expression switched into a more focused and serious one, using the opportunity to not only say no to the Council’s proposal, but also to bash the Council a little.

“My vote is no. No to whatever the Council has proposed and tried to fed to people while forcing it to be true. First of all, I have to say it is completely inhuman what you have been doing all of these years and I am not talking about the appalling things  we recently discovered but the oppression that has been served to the people of this pack for years and years without end. It’s shameful to see that this is the elite they think it’s worthy and fit to rule… Secondly, I believe that Jeonghan and Jeongyeon, despite young and lacking some life experience, make excellent points of views and I agree fully heartedly with it. And lastly, no least importantly, you’ve hurt me and my mate so many times that I don’t want anything to do with you and I will not support anything that you’ll say.”

The last sentence has very straightforward and it left nothing to imagination as to what was Jonghyun’s opinion on the Council members. It was uncomfortable to hear the silence after those words. Sehun could see Sooyoun moving on her chair, hands curls into fists and the color red spreading from her cheeks to her neck.

Youngchul cleared up his throat, trying to defuse the awkwardness that had settled in the room. He slid his glasses up on his face before laughing a little, with absolutely no humor, and chiding Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun, I know that it’s very hard at times but I would like you to be as objective as you can, settling your personal issues with the Council aside in order for us to come to a conclusion. This matter had nothing to do with your personal… ”

However, and much to everyone’s surprise, Jonghyun didn’t remain quiet and actually interrupted Youngchul.

“It is personal!” he exclaimed, incensed by his own opinions and motives. “It has been personal ever since the moment we stepped inside of this meeting! Had it not been personal, we wouldn’t be here. We are here not because the Council fears hybrids but because of the fear that they have of having their power taking from them. Why do you think this happened right after Yifan decided to give a more neutral role to this organization? Why attacking people who had information about the experiments they have been doing? Some members of the Council are deadly afraid of losing the privileges that come associated with the membership, they fear that the people of this pack will stop listening to them and they have feared Yifan because he has been trying to do so for years. This meeting is the most personal thing that ever was! We aren’t here to assure the wellbeing of the pack but instead we are trying to make them feel like they control the situation. Do you really think that the voters who have some sort of affiliation with one member of the Council or another voted because they thought about what benefited everyone? The pack? No! Of course they didn’t! So, pardon me for being rude but yes, this is very personal. And if we are being subjective instead of objective, I chose not to agree with the Council because I too have personal reasons. However, the only difference between us is that while they fear the loss of power, I fear that one day everyone I care about, family and friends, are going to wake up dead because we agree to follow someone who puts their personal wellbeing above everything else. I don’t want to be manipulated and lied to like it has happened and I want what is best for me and for my people. I chose Yifan because, despite everything I may or may not think about him, I trust him to lead us rightfully and peacefully. So yes, Youngchul, this is, in fact, very personal.”

Before Younchul could even say anything and ask Jonghyun to moderate his speech, Yoona decided to use that moment to speak.

Everyone could agree that the woman who stood up was beautiful. She had long dark brown hair, a delicate and petite figure, a serene expression and a maturity and elegance that only made her more appeasing to the eye.

“While I do not exactly agree with the way that Jonghyun has formulated and expressed his opinion, I have to give him credit for the words he spoke, no matter how blunt they were. For years that we have been facing a silent crisis; no one dared to voice out anything that had been happening to our pack for years and, in part, it was due to the fear that the Council has spread through the villagers. The truth is that we are guilty of remaining quiet for so long and I blame everyone, including myself, for letting things get to this point in order to see some change. Yifan and Junmyeon did a lot for us, and although many people stay behind him to support their actions, it is not enough to suppress and to face off so many people that had fought them in almost every decision that they made. We have been facing serious problems of abuse of power, of physical and mental abuse, that culminated into a susceptible pack that is not strong enough to strive on their own and resist the attacks of the enemies. Our goal is to be a cohesive pack that can hold together and separately since a pack is only as strong as it weakest link. Our Council turned our people subversive, instead of proud and strong individuals, by using force and by manipulation which is a clear violation of our laws. Furthermore, as it was spoken previously, there were evidences that members of the Council were involved in secret experiments with different creatures, resulting in the appearance of the chimeras that have worried us so much and that are the responsible entities for the extinction of so many packs, covens and groups of other creatures. That alone can be considered treason to our pack, since it clear to conclude that there were ties between the magical community and members of our pack, supported only by the evidences that everyone witness on the attack made to our village, that luckily culminated in our victory. That shows me that I cannot trust them to guide us into a tranquil life with a peaceful cohabitation with other creatures, being them hybrids or not. And I am not even mentioning the etic and morals behind said behavior, which is appalling and atrocious: we are talking about living creatures here! Aside from that, I have to concur with the words of some of my fellow voters in some regards; the first one is that the presence of hybrids has not affected the normal functioning of our pack and, instead, has given us awareness to some problems that are worrisome and that I mentioned previously. The men that are here, presenting themselves to us, like some sort of criminals, are not guilty of anything, in any way, shape or form. They have, so far, helped us in critical condition and it was proved that they are completely unrelated to the graver problems that we are facing. Also, there had been some points of views that mentioned a more careful study of the nature and diversity of hybrids; I have to say it’s very interesting and could be helpful in future matters, which is why I agree fully heartedly with an alliance and a peaceful relationship with them. That being said, I cast now my vote: I oppose to the proposal issued by the Council.”

Sehun looked over at Baekhyun and Chanyeol after hearing these words, sharing with them the hope and enthusiasm that her words sparkled. He looked at Junmyeon as well, sharing a more private smile with the older male; him and the omega had discussed this once at the medical center and Jeonghan and Yoona had been the wild cards with all of the voting system they had tried to crack but it appeared that every single one of them had caused a good enough impression to sway them both and even the odds.

The only votes that were lacking were Jiwon’s and Soojung who were going to support the Council and even out the votes, if Sehun had made the correct calculations. If that happened the votes were going to tie and Sehun didn’t really want that to happen: a tie means that the ultimate decision would be left to the rest of the villagers to decide and he also knew that many people, especially the older wolves, were great supporters of the methodologies used by the Council, which was not good for them.

However, Sehun didn’t give up on hope, not when Baekhyun’s own eyes, swirling a little with iridescent colors, swung in his direction, gleaming with a sheen of innocence that made the older much more vulnerable and certainly the perfect picture of hope. It wasn’t usual to see the guarded man so vulnerable like this but Sehun also guessed that he had worn himself a lot by now and craved with a despairing passion some peace and quiet.

“Very well.” He hear Youngchul conclude just as Yoona sat down on her seat, her beautiful face gazing in a reproachable way the Council table, judging them for the harsh and inhumane measures that they called a solution for a problem. “We will now hear the vote of Kim Jiwon.”

The man stood up and without wasting too much time, immediately announced that he was favoring the proposal made by the Council, going as far as to inform everyone that hybrids weren’t more than mistakes and that they should be wiped out and leave the domination of the lands to proper wolves like themselves. He managed to say all of this with a sneer on his lips, exposing his large front teeth that he used to snap in the general of the hybrids, as if he was biting their heads of in real life.

It was rude on his part and extremely uncalled for. Jonghyun and Yoona had also expressed their points of view in a harsh way but neither of them had been as insulting as Jiwon had been. It was borderline repulsive and Yoona, older than him and clearly more level headed than the young male, was seen whispering something to him as soon as the male sat down. No one was sure as to what she had told him but he surely looked stricken enough when he peered at her face, which was carefully blank, in order to stop her from betraying her own emotions.

“Well…” mumbled Youngchul trying to appear calm, even though everyone could see the beads of sweat on his hairline, making an effort to regain some control of the session and lead it through the end the best he could. “We have now three votes who share the thoughts of the Council and four votes who agree with the propositions made by our Alpha Leader, his mate, Kim Junmyeon, and the Leader of the Guardians. This final vote, Kim Soojung’s vote, will determine if the voting comes to an end, with a win on the Alpha Leader’s side, or even it comes to a drawing, meaning that we will have to activate the protocol for cases like this, in which we turn voting public and allow our villagers to take part in it too, since Son Seungwan forfeit her right to vote. I would like to call Jung Soojung to vote and remember that this is a serious meeting; therefore, I would like to remember everyone to moderate their words.”

Soojung stood up, long hair trailing after her like a cloak. However, she didn’t look very well: her pale complexion looked even paler, ghostly white even and she had a haunted and troubled look on her face. She looked sick and Sehun grew a little hesitant on what to expect: he wasn’t so sure she would last enough to deliver her vote without falling to her face and breaking her nose.

Nonetheless, she stood up, back straight as a rod and, to everyone’s shock, she didn’t vote, asking her sister a question instead.

“Is it true, Sooyoun?” she asked shakily, as if she was on the verge of tears. “Is it true?”

“Voter Soojung, now is not the time for questions you should…”

Soojung interrupted Younchul’s speech with a stopping gesture from her hand, founding the strength to glare at the man for daring to interrupt her while she was asking an important question.

“Is it true what they said? What they showed us? Did you really made and consent those experiments with all of those creatures and created chimeras? The same chimeras that nearly destroyed our village? Did you ally yourself to the magical community while doing this? Answer me!”

The last part was a scream, although there was no necessity, since the silence that reined the room was absolute. Soojung’s voice soared over anyone else’s and commanded attention.

“Answer me Sooyoun!” she demanded with a hard look on her face.

“Soojung, you are misunderstanding things!” replied the elder sister in a calm voice, not really seeing how that only seemed to inflate Soojung more.

“I am misunderstanding? Weren’t you with me when those reports were brought for analysis? Weren’t you just with me when people read ouloud the papers in which were written, with an agonizingly detail, the experiments that were done wot innumerous creatures? Was not your name signed at the bottom of some of the said papers, authorizing people to perform said atrocities?”

“Those weren’t atrocities! They were medical experiments that we lead in order to understand the process of…”

“Those were not the understanding any kind of process!” interrupted Soojung, seemingly disturbed at the words she was hearing. “People perform medical experiments in order to obtain knowledge, I am aware of that! However, you do it on either dead creatures or to consenting people; there wasn’t a single form of authorization in there and from what I read, the people in there didn’t want to be there in the first place! I read how you capture them; there were mothers in there, children… You destroyed families and used your hostages to kill people.”

“We didn’t want to kill people!” interjected Sooyoun “We just didn’t measure the strength of the chimeras …”

“So you did make them! And do not lie to my face and tell me it was a mistake, that it wasn’t planned! Had it been the case, you would’ve demanded them to stop after the first pack destroyed… you destroyed dozens! That’s not a mistake; that is a planned thing.” When Sooyoun said nothing, her younger sister proceeded. “This is horrifying! How could you agree to something like this? You murdered people; you murdered them and you call it experiments in the name of what? Science? How could you?”

“You don’t understand the reasons that I had, Soojung!” cut Sooyoun coldly. “You never will because you are a child. All I have done here was to assure that we: you and I would maintain our positions, that we’d maintain our social status and not be subverted by these, so called, hybrid. Since the moment I knew of their existence, and I knew that if I wasn’t careful, they would end up dominating us and we would end up as submissive wolves that had to take orders from others. I did not crawl and fought my way up in order to have enough power to do as I please, so spare me your idyllic views of the world, because I did what was necessary for my survival and to purge these lands of creatures that will keep you locked beneath them, with your legs open like a breeder.”

“Whatever reasons you had for try and validate your actions are void; no amount of justifications will ever make this okay. And you know what scares me the most? It’s the fact that I do not know, in fact, who is the person to whom I refer as a sister. It leads me to think about other things that you’ve done and I don’t know, or even the motives behind somethings I do know about.”

“You shut up.” Spat Sooyoun venomously. “Everything I did was in your benefit!”

“No. No, it wasn’t. Everything you did was your to your own benefit and do not dare to include him in such preposterous schemes.”

“Spare me! Everyone knows that you are a spoiled brat because you have everything you wished for, things that I provided for.”

“The difference is that I know that I am a brat! I know that I pout and I stomp my feet to get whatever I want. I push people and I knock them down, I don’t like when things don’t go my way and I will gladly admit that I did my share of stupid, childish things in order to achieve my goals but never once I messed with people at the same level you did. Call me a bully, yes, probably, but you cannot call me a murderer.”

“But you went along on somethings that I asked you to do.”

“What things? Tell me! Because I have never done anything to help you in this thing!”

“No? You helped to seduce Tao in order to get some information on Sehun!” yelled Sooyoun triumphantly, making Sehun’s breathe hitch at the mention of one of his friends and pack mates. Tao had been a child friend, albeit they had grew apart these last few months. “And boy it worked like a charm: he opened his mouth and he spilled the beans and he kept on doing it for the longest time. He did more than that… I’ve never knew a few words could change a man like this.”

“What do you mean?” asked Soojung and Sehun at the same time, looking at each other at the synchronization of the question.

Sooyoun remained quiet, looking at them with a small smirk on her lips, much like the metaphorical cat which got the cream, delighted at their confused and gutted faces. Jihoon had been the one to answer their questions.

“He was in love with your sister.” Stated the young male, looking at Sooyoun with a calm, almost hazy look. “Tao was in love with Soojung and Sooyoun used that knowledge to make Tao do whatever he wanted with the promise that she would allow and bless their mating, as long as he did what she asked him for.”

“How can you know that?” asked Soojung with a gasp.

“He can see the past.” Remembered Buylyi. “He must be seeing something since his eyes are sort of unfocused.

“I see Tao spying on Sehun multiple times. He was the one who spied on Sehun and Junmyeon’s conversation at the medical center; he was the one to warn Soojung that Sehun might have a clue about the lab. He warned her about Minseok and Kyungsoo’s affair, he was one of the wolves at the temple, trying to kill Kyungsoo. He knew that Sehun was communication with foreigner wolves and he knew that Kyungsoo and Minseok were planning to escape. He knew a lot of things and did a lot of things because you made him a promise you never intended to keep.” Said the boy with a soft voice, allowing the haziness to depart from his eyes as soon as he finished, shaking his head a little and leaning into Yewon, who kept him upright.

Everyone looked horrified at the news, more so the small group of friends that had always treated Tao as a friend. Kyungsoo was shattered and Minseok looked shocked, Luhan had his mouth hanging open and both Jongdae and Sehun looked over at each other, refusing to allow the tears to spill. Tao, whom they all thought was their friend, had sold them out at the first opportunity. He was the mole and the knowledge was gut wrenching.

“You used us all! You used me as bait and his affections for me in order to achieve your goals.” Pointed the younger of the Jung sisters.

“Didn’t you? You seduced him when I asked you to.”

“Because I liked him!” replied the young woman.

“You liked Minseok.”

“No! I never liked Minseok. I liked the idea of toying around with an older man and see him flustered.” Defended Soojung.

“Lies!” spat the older sister.

“She’s telling the truth.”

Jimin’s soft voice interrupted the scene and everyone turned to look at the male who recoiled slightly at having all the eyes on him. He looked over at Yoongi who nodded at him reassuringly.

“As an Empath, I can tell that she isn’t lying. There are a great number of emotions assaulting her right now but the predominant ones are hurt, sadness, shock, disgust. I cannot sense any type of guilt coming from her, nor malice or any kind of emotion that suggests she was involved in this or that she is lying.” Said the man quietly. “She’s genuinely caught off guard and she is equally horrified at the events.”

Once again silence washed out the room, leaving everyone in silence, staring at the male then at the two sisters. It was awkward and the air was thick. It actually had been thick since the meeting begun but the thickness had become more and more evident as everyone talked and emotions and actions became exposed. This moment was the of it all, in Sehun’s opinion.

Youngchul, the poor moderator who had, since the first minute, tried to maintain the meeting from going haywire, cleared his throat once more, not even bothering smiling afterwards or chide anyone for the language used or from running away from topic and looked over at Soojung.

“I know that this topic is clearly bothering some of the voters and that are things that should be discussed between members but those matters are not to be discussed in here. I beg you to stay in topic Soojung and to, please, give the remaining vote in order to finish this meeting. This has gone for a while now and I think we own that to the people who have been waiting for a deliberation. If not for them, for everybody else’s sake: we’ve been here for too long and everyone is getting antsy and overly emotional.”

Soojung nodded at the man, knowing that a vote was expected from her and that she should, in fact, end this so that everyone could leave, their wounds and solve other problems that had risen.

“For everything that has been said in here, for all the points that have been made.” She began with a clear, albeit shaky, voice. “It’s in my best interest as a member of this pack to vote no.”

People were confused; they didn’t know what to make out of her vote and what her cryptic words meant.

“Could you please clarify your answer?” asked Youngchul, rubbing at his forehead with his hand, an obvious sign of exhaustion.

Soojung’s eyes flew over everyone, gazing at people one by one until her eyes landed on her sister’s own eyes. Her voice was devoid of emotion when she spoke the next few words; the words that changed everything.

“I vote against the proposal made the Council.”

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! How have you been doing? I hope that really well and that this week was a good one. So, one more chapter updated and one more chapter to go! That's right, this story is ending and the next chapter will be the last one. It will be one lenghty last chapter but an exciting one nonetheless (I know: it's been written for two weeks now!).
BUT, focusing on the current chapter, it's sounds a little boring but it analyzes in perspective the opinion of each person and debates themes that are important, either in a fantasy world of in the real world, such as equality, prejudice and such. First of all you are going to see that Junmyeon and Sehun had predicted some of the outcomes a few chapters behind but the surprises were Yoona, Jeonghan and Soojung, who went against her own sister. Also, dun dun duuuuuuun, she didn't know anything about the chimeras or her sister's work with Soo Man AAAAAAAAAAND, the person who betrayed Sehun's trust and even attacked Jongdae, earlier on the story was TAO! The reason why I didn't write him much in the story was for people to wonder what is role was, since he was mentioned, and to confuse you as all! All of this time, Tao was being lured into doing Sooyoun's things with the promise that he would mate Soojung. As you can see, it didn't happen and he was just a tool for Sooyoun to use in her little game.
So Soojung vote against her sister and, if you count correctly, that makes Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun be favored by the people and, therefore, completely free of any thing that the Council proposed to punish them. 
However, did things stopped here? I don't think so, so please, antecipate the last chapter where you'll see this story reach its end and all of the tied knots will be let lose.
Please, comment on this story or message me your thoughts, opinions and theories of what is going to happen and, if you have really enjoyed it, subscribe and upvote!
As always, I wish you to be safe and healthy, loved, by other people and by yourself (LOVE YOURSELF!!!) and give other people the same love you receive. BE HAPPY!!!!
Have an amazing week and lots of love to all of you,
<3