What Doesn't Kill You, Shocks You

The Berserker

Everyone was silent. They didn’t know how to react to Seungwan’s abrupt entrance, not even her own brother who remained paralyzed on his seat, staring at her with incredulity, mouth a little open, which Junmyeon elegantly closed shut, as did everyone else in the room.

Baekhyun? Well, he was just more confused than surprised. Seungwan’s arrival wasn’t anything that was unexpected: it was implied when he had the last conversation with her, although timing might’ve been bad. What was surprising was how she decided to phrase her introduction, so to speak. She had said that she had a lot to share and, quite frankly, Baekhyun was more interested into knowing what exactly.

Youngchul was the first person to thankfully overcome his shock, long enough to say something. Out of the corner of his eye, Baekhyun, saw him briefly looking harshly at Yoojung, who was staring at the scene in front of her with big and enthusiastic eyes, as if she was seeing the best drama of her life, like the ones she read on books, before speaking.

“Son Seungwan, you’ve entered a voting demanded by the members of the Council. According to the lineage of the founder of this pack, you should occupy your place as a voter, along with other people present.”

“I am aware of that, moderator Youngchul; however I abdicate of my position as a voter to join my brother as one of the opposite parties raising the subject that is currently under vote.”

“Could you state the reasoning that led you to such decision?”

“I have obtained some knowledge and some evidence that I find to be relevant to the discussion and I believe that it would important for the voters, in order for them to make the best decision for our community.”

“That shouldn’t be allowed.” Bellowed Youngwoon “She will be biased to her brother and will present doubtful arguments.”

Before Youngchul could berate Youngwoon for his behavior, by shouting in such way on a serious debate like that, Seungwan interjected more quickly, with her eyes serious and voice sharp as knives.

“Do not speak about my motives: you know nothing about them; and I would believe it would be best for you to stay silent in what comes to taking sides blindly.”

Youngwoon’s eyes almost jumped out of his eye sockets when the young woman spoke like that to him but Youngchul stopped him from saying anything else by asking them to speak in a more civilized tone and not to bring personal disagreements into such a matter.

“Taking into consideration the words proffered by the member of our society, beta Son Seungwan, had withdrawn herself from the position of voter, taking part on the actual discussion between the two parties: the Council members and the members of the Guardians, alongside our Alpha Leader and his mate. This specific member has chosen to place herself with the Guardian’s side. The meeting in question took place because…”

“I am aware as why this meeting his taking place.” Interrupted Seungwan, not allowing her eyes to stray away from the Council members in front of her. “I have been a member of this pack all of my life and I am fairly aware of the things that happen in here, despite the generalized feeling that I am completely unable of doing so. I am not as oblivious as people would like nor as uninformed.”

“That is questionable.” Muttered Youngwoon, without much attempt of being unheard.

“So are the reasons as to why you are a member of the Council and why you are sitting behind that desk but let’s not disperse from the subject at hands.” Replied Seungwan audibly, making Youngwoon sputter, unable to properly answer.

“Please, please, let us return to the previous discussion, or else I would have to ask you to leave the premises due to inappropriate behavior.”

Youngwoon settled down when the warning was emitted and Seungwan looked once more at him before looking at some papers that she had brought, passing something t Namjoon in the meantime.

“Thank you.” Nodded Youngchul as everyone settled down. “Now, we were discussing something very important, to which Son Seungwan said to be knowledgeable about, and we were interrupted as she arrived, so I ask know if everyone has something to say and add about the subject.”

“I do.” Said Seungwan promptly. “I wish to speak and share my acquired knowledge with everyone here present.”

“Very well, conceded.”

“It has come to my attention that we are facing an issue regarding the presence of berserker wolves in our territory. Naturally, as basic knowledge provides us, we are aware the berserker wolves presence means that an Oracle wolf is also present but, as I see no such wolf sitting amongst his kin, I believe that he remains nearby, although hidden. “began Seungwan, standing up and facing everyone inside that room in a calm, collected voice that reverberated on the walls. “From my understanding, since the situation became public to many members of this community, berserker and Oracle wolves have been pursued and some of them mistreated. First of all, I would like to make a small parenthesis to state that such a decision, especially considering a theme that has always been delicate for everyone, should be taken into public hands and a consensual agreement would be the best course of action, instead of the solo actions that the Council proved to be doing. The second point that I would like to bring to subject is to why these wolves have been mistreated, one of them being a pack member, when they show this village such generosity by helping us to defeat a powerful wizardry coven that attacked us.”

“Because they were working with them.” Interrupted Youngwoon, before Sooyoun sent him a glare.

“My question was purely rhetorical.” Replied Seungwan coldly. “And anyone with two functional brain cells would state that when it was clear as day that it wasn’t the case; firstly because the injuries sustained would be a lot less if they had been allies and secondly, the point you raised makes no sense when the leader of said coven is dead, thirdly, they are eye witnesses of these and some of them are in this room. Now, as wolves we live in communities where everyone works for the greater good and we are taught, since pups, to give as much as we take, which is an action that I didn’t see happening in this scenario but those are problems that come from inside and would be irrelevant if not for the fact that it affected the current situation. Moving forwards, and once again facing an internal problem, is the fact that we are, in no other possible terms, ignorant.”

It was stated in a poignant way but it left a lot of confusion and a tad bit of anger when the word’ ignorant’ was released from Seungwan’s mouth. It made almost no sense to the discussion and Yifan, who seemed to have recovered from his shock, looked over at her, telling her silently to explain her point of view more clearly.

“It is what it is: we are ignorant.” She reiterated before proceeding with her speech. “All of our lives we defined our world and our existence with a rather wide colored pattern that we learned to take as dogmatic laws: there is the green for all the species that we are familiar with and present no problem for us, there are the yellow for those species that we know but are totally neutral for us and then there is the red from all of those who we don’t like, either because we don’t know or because of ancient. If you decide to be more extreme, you have a monochromatic pattern were either you are in the white zone, or not at all. That’s what we’ve been doing for millenniums but how do we interpret the different hues? How do we make a distinction between the things we are neutral, from the beneficial to the ones we perceive as a threat? We simply don’t. Why? Because people ages ago did that for us and we limit ourselves by accepting that without questioning. The world had changed in so many ways ever since wolves and other creatures began populating it since the human extinction occurred, it evolved and bloomed, so why haven’t we? Why do we keep on believing that everything unknown is bad? Why do agree on some label created long ago? Why are we afraid of knowledge? Why do we perpetuate the same mistakes humans made once upon a time? There are a whole lot of communities that we know of and there are some that we know nothing about; berserker wolves happen to be a small portion of our world, people that lived for as long as we do, and we keep marginalizing them without giving ourselves a change to search for information, without knowing them, without giving a proper chance. We continuously torn up families, break bonds and watch people being killed, idly, simply because is more comfortable to believe in someone than taking conclusions on our own. What does that say about us? What kind of creatures are we that kill or own? Because berserkers and Oracles are, in the end, wolves! And we are using them as escape goats in order to diminish our guilt over our own inertia. How can we be better if we do nothing?”

“There is no need to fix what it isn’t broken.” Interjected Sooyoun.

Seungwan turned her eyes to Sooyoun, flashing in the usual greenish yellow, contrasting deeply with the redness of her hair. It was that moment were they all saw that Seungwan went from philosophical, exposing with very arguments her own points of view, Namjoon and Seungyeon were nodding vividly at her words, to someone who was far more dangerous. It was almost as if Seungwan had been baiting them into saying something that would launch a new topic that she had been holding onto.

“It’s funny that you ask that, Sooyoun.” She said in her midnight voice, making Sooyoun recoil almost imperceptibly in her seat. “If things are not broken, how can you explain what you and Soo Man have been doing all these years right under our noses?”

The question had a huge significance: Soo Man and Sooyoun turned rigid and paled on their seats, in a deep silence. Baekhyun took a while to understand their behavior until he remembered that they had discovered their secret underground laboratory, the one in which they held experiences with creatures in order to create chimeras. That was what Seungwan was talking about and that also had been one of the aces of her sleeve. However, Baekhyun also questioned himself as to how she knew about that because no one from their group had divulged the knowledge.

“Are you going to answer?” Seungwan asked, her voice lilting almost into a playful tone that it seemed quite odd but fitting for the situation.

“I don’t quite know what you are expecting me to answer.” Replied the other woman with pursed lips.

“You don’t? Then let me clarify for you and for the rest of the people present. First, allow me to introduce the topic by stating that everyone know what genetic is, it was a topic thoroughly discussed when we first came across the different species that populate these lands. We studied hard to comprehend the differences between us and what make us so different. The conclusion was genetics: each species possess a different genetic code that allows them to possess certain characteristics, such our ability to shift into wolf form, the ability that banshees have that allows them to see the future, the capacity of living only with the consumption of blood of the vampires and so on. It was proven years ago and everyone knows that.” Explained Seungwan, gaining a few nods from the people listening to her, confirming her words. “What is not so out there, a recent discovery of sorts, is that Oracle wolves, as well berserkers, are not creatures with a similar genetic code to a normal wolf but with a slight, small, change. We often read ancient books that humans left us talking about genetic conditions that humans have, like Jacob’s syndrome, Rett syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome or even Down syndrome. The only difference between them and us is that gene mutation caused serious diseases that could affect their wellbeing and, in our case, the natural evolution altered us in such ways that, instead of suffering from an illness of the sort, we grew to possess abilities.”

“That’s preposterous!” interjected Soo Man while standing up, despite the warnings of Youngchul. “Are you really implying that they are not abominations but simply a different kind of creature on their own?”

“That’s exactly what I am saying and that’s precisely the reason the reason to why I previously stated that we are ignorant. We are ignorant because there an enormous amount of communities, from other species or even wolf packs, that are eons in front of us in terms on research on the matter: banshees, demons, vampires and other packs, who experienced members of their communities with different abilities have been studying them and they have all come to the conclusion that we all have the same core but small difference on certain genes that tells us apart.”

“That’s truly interesting.” Commented Seungyeon.

“That’s all a bunch of lies.” Interjected Youngwoon with a scowl on his face. “It’s stupid that we are losing precious time to discuss important matters just by hearing this crazy lunatic, who believes that these monsters can be kin related, without any proof but her words. She is just trying to find plausible arguments to a topic that shouldn’t had to be discussed in the first place, especially when are more important things to do.”

Before Youngchul could berate Youngwoon for his behavior, a heavy frown on his face, completely appalled at the lack of manners by the tall male and the myriad of insults and interjections out of place that kept being brought to conversation, Seungwan spoke first.

“The only lie here is the one you have been feeding to our own pack.” Stated the red headed woman with a loud voice. “You really didn’t think someone would eventually find out what you’ve been doing? I know I was contextualizing so people would get a better understand of what I was about to say, but I guess that they’ll just have to pick up the pieces as I reveal all that I know.”

“There is nothing to be revealed Seungwan.” Interrupted Sooyoun. “Stop making us waste time with little fairy tales you come up with in your spare time.”

Seungwan was getting irked at the words, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had looked at each other once they saw the red tip of the young woman’s ear at the words coming from the members of the Council. They respected a huge lot for not lose her temper all together and smack them and bothering to give the listeners the proper introduction despite the harsh words being thrown at her.

Yifan wasn’t really happy at the words either, after all this was his sister that they were bad mouthing. There was a deep from painted into his angular face and his hands were grasping onto the table with a little more force than he would like but he made no other move other than that, as expected from a good Alpha Leader.

Junmyeon, despite being the picture of calmness, had a disgusted expression on his face that almost seemed funny had the situation been other than this. While he was poised and elegant the majority of the time, he was also known for his short tempered and sharp tongue, which was exactly the ace he used before the moderator could intervene, once again.

“Pardon me the interruption Youngchul, but I would like to ask members Youngwoon and Sooyoun to please, shut the heck up and let Seungwan talk. No one interrupted you when you spoke, despite our lack of interest in your words and poorly arranged arguments therefore we ask the same courtesy. Also, you will refrain your words from now on or I, myself, will take the matters into my own hands.” He said with a calm yet crisp voice that left no doubt to the warning note in it.

Seungwan shot her brother-in-law a grateful glance, relieved to have someone who acted on her behalf and giving her a little extra boost to continue to make her speech.

“It comes not as a surprise for anyone to see that we are currently experience strange sightings of creatures that are not from a specific species but rather a combination of two or more, denominated chimeras.” She proceeded lightly, as if had not been insulted and interrupted seconds ago. “However, what many people might not know is that those said chimeras are not a product of the magical community like we previously theorized but a product of our own community who, over the years, have been experimenting with creatures, such as you and I, brainwashing them and transforming them into lethal soldiers with the purpose or eradicating those who not comply with their orders and annihilating the ones they call their enemies.”

Yifan’s face morphed into an expression of gravity, alongside with the ones from the Guardian members, while Junmyeon lost all of his elegance, had his mouth hanging open in shock. They were gasps from the generalized area of the voters and even Yasuo looked at the people next to him with wide eyes; he didn’t look very interested in the meeting so far, looking over at everyone with a bored expression until this particular point.

“Are you really going to believe this woman?” asked Soo Man with an expression on his faces that faked nonchalance but hinted at someone that no one could really decipher. “She’s clearly not in her right mind to properly talk in this voting.”

“Exactly.” Added Sooyoun. “I think these could be symptoms of some sort of trauma that occurred while she was missing and she should be excused and taken to the infirmary to be seem. It could be bad for her if this is some kind of disease.”

“You know what is scary?” interjected Namjoon from the other side. “The fact that you are not really denying her words and posing her a mentally impaired person instead.”

“It feels like you are trying to divert people from her words.” Stated Yasuo.

Everyone looked at Soo Man and to Sooyoun, pressuring them into reacting in some sort of way that proved that Yasuo and Namjoon didn’t need to be worried and that Seungwan was lying. However, the other that came out from Seungwan’s lips next destroyed all their beliefs.

“Oh but I am not lying. I have proof! You think I didn’t take precautions before I came here? I took them all and covered everything that I needed to. As we speak, some Guardian members are in the underground lab owned by some members of the Council for their experiments and they are removing everything from its insides to further investigation and as proof. I personally requested to the following members of the Guardians: Kim Heechul, Jung Hoseok and Kim Seokjin to bring some of the things found in them to this meeting, in other for the other people here present to see them as well. So as to not be called biased, member of the Council Park Shinyoung, along with Jeong Hyeongdon, were requested to supervise these operations. They signed a paper stating they had no knowledge about the actions of some of the members, also claiming they had no involvement in the said activities. Donghae, if you’d be kind enough to go and call them for me, I request their presence here. They are notified about his.”

Donghae looked over at Junsu, who nodded briefly in his direction, granting him permission to follow through with Seungwan’s request. He left the room with a brief bow to the people inside.

The silence inside the room was unbearable and neither Soo Man nor Sooyoun said anything against the words that the younger beta aimed at them. Almost everyone was weary of them, since neither of them was attempting to defend themselves, opting for silence, which only made them look far guiltier, or rather, it made Seungwan’s words seem more believable by the second.

Seungwan, on the other hand, seemed only to have more in her sleeve than anyone gave her credit for.

“While we wait for their arrival, I have more to explain and more to add to this meeting. As you know, I have been absent of this village for a while; however, what no one knows is that I have been, for the longest, leaving for short periods of time in order to find more information about different types of wolves: we know of Oracles and berserkers but I have always wondered if there are other types of beings, similar to them, that we could find and, as I presumed, there were and I had the privilege of interacting with them and get to know them. I used this last time to go to some of them and ask them to come with me and present themselves to you, allowing you also with the opportunity of meeting them.”

She moved to the door, opening wide open and went outside for a few seconds before they heard a strange noise and she was back into the room. She was alone and yet smiling. The woman sitting next to Sooyoun, who made Baekhyun felt a little weary, since there was something about her look that screamed dangerous, despite her bored expression, slouched on her seat and spoke up.

“So, are your friends invisible? Because I am not seeing anyone! Are we really going to stay here and listen to this lunatic? She’s not making a of sense. It’s pathetic and…”

A sound coming from Sejeong’s way, right at the back of the room, made them look at her. The girl’s eyes were fixed on the entrance, were they all could see silhouettes approaching beginning to enter the room. It was a fairly large group: about twenty people, advancing forward like a tight knit group, preparing to take action if something went wrong.

Baekhyun’s acute eyes and general life experience told him that they had sent the stronger individuals first to protect the others: the special people; the ones with abilities like Jongin. It was then when he saw a male advancing towards them, small and with an easily recognizable smile. He also heard Chanyeol’s small pained sound before his tall brother stood up to catch Jongdae in his arms, right as the smaller beta fell into his arms.

Everyone was surprised, and somewhat shocked, at the turn of events but Baekhyun surely felt happy to see his brother reunite with his mate; it might not be official but Baekhyun knew that wouldn’t remain like that for much longer.

Chanyeol was ecstatic, changing from hugging a sobbing Jongdae into his arms, inhaling hungrily the sweet smell he missed so much, and push him to look at his face, peppering the soft skin with quick kisses.

He felt his own spirits lift up as he saw Jongin and Yixing push forward, in his own direction. He tried to stand up but he found he couldn’t which it didn’t matter that much since he was quickly enveloping his brothers in his arms, his heart soaring at the fact that they were okay, even if Jongin seemed a little pale and his smell was all odd.

“You’re okay.” Mumbled Jongin in his neck, over and over again. “You’re okay.”

Yixing had a hand on his back and Baekhyun could feel it trembling, whether it was in excitement or anxiousness he couldn’t really tell.

“I’m okay Jongin.” He replied to his younger brother, massing the back of his neck soothingly, growing a little confused when he found an unusual bump there. Peering at the skin, he found a mating mark on the spot. The look on Yixing’s face told him what he needed to know but now it wasn’t time for questions, although he sent a comforting smile at his older brother, in order to let him know it was okay.

Looking over Jongin shoulder, Baekhyun saw Sehun hugging Minseok, Kyungsoo and Luhan, happiness clear and abundant on his face at finding that all of his friends were okay.

“While I am sure that this reunion is really meaningful and heartwarming.” Stated Seungwan with a hint of humor on her voice. “I think it would be best to proceed and leave the hugs and the general greetings for another time.”

Her voice was what made them settled down a little, shushing them into either complete silence or soft murmurs. They turn to look at her amused face, glowing with warmth at the sight of everybody reunited and Youngchul was polite enough to bring some chairs, with Namjoon and Yifan’s help, to sit everyone down, allowing them to stay sat behind Baekhyun.

“I am truly sorry for interrupting your moment but this really needs to proceed in order to bring some closure into this issue.” She apologized, disregarding how they still found ways to greet and express their happiness with little touches and glances here and there.

There was a profound feeling of glee that was contagious: the air felt lighter and everyone seemed happy. Baekhyun, who wasn’t prone to much social interaction, was sure that he was hugged by Kyungsoo and that Jongdae had, at some point, kissed his cheek, thanking him for looking after Chanyeol. Even the other people seemed elated at the warming sight with the obvious exceptions. There was also some curiosity in the air as people watched over the newcomers.

“Well, first of all I would like to welcome back Luhan, Jongdae, Minseok and Kyungsoo, as well Yixing. It is wonderful to see you all again, happy and it healthy conditions. Not many people know but these people were forced to abandon their own pack and its members due to the constant pressure imposed by them by the Council.” Proceeded Seungwan, making the mood somber again, and obtaining the attention of everyone in the room. “While Luhan, Yixing and Jongdae were forced to stay away due to their connection with the three wolves in front of you, one of them being Jongdae’s love interest, and other being the blood brother of another, who sought refuge in our village after his pack had been murdered by chimeras, the members Do Kyungsoo and Kim Minseok were driven away by the Council, who pursue them claiming that they had committed a crime…”

“It was a crime!” interjected Youngwoon. “Kyungsoo had an intimate relationship with Minseok which, by our laws, is forbidden, since he is the priest of the pack.”

“That is true.” Conceded Seungwan. “However, it came to my awareness that the Council’s votes were adulterer. I had access to the Council’s library, conceded by Park Shinyoung, and what was written on the records regarding the election of a priest was that Kim Taeyeon was actually the wolf to be made priestess of the temple and not Kyungsoo. Kim Taeyeon had received a total of thirteen votes and should have been the next priestess, while Do Kyungsoo came in fifth place with only seven votes. The reason as to why he was made priest remains unknown. Therefore, since Kyungsoo was not, intended to be the priest in the first place, position that is a right and a duty of Kim Taeyeon by the choice of the Council, I don’t consider that he has committed any crime but, that subject should be discussed more thoroughly after knowing how this happened.”

Kyungsoo gave a small sigh of relief as he saw many people nodding in his direction, agreeing with Seungwan’s position, allowing his head to fall into Minseok’s shoulder, who kissed his temple serenely, allowing everyone to see the mating mark on his shoulder.

“Now, the remaining man is Kim Jongin, blood brother of Park Chanyeol and a brother to Byun Baekhyun, who was received by his family when he lost theirs, and mate of Zhang Yixing is an Oracle wolf. His berserkers, who bravely defended their Oracle, are also Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol. That being said, I would like to give the other groups to present themselves and give us the opportunity to know them better.”

Seungwan sat down on her chair, smiling encouragingly on Baekhyun and Sehun’s way, who was a little dumbfounded at the news that Yixing and Jongin were mates. Baekhyun avoided looking at Chanyeol; he was sure that the taller was fuming at the news and that guess was proven right when he heard Jongdae’s soothing voice trying to calm Chanyeol up. He would laugh at the situation but felt that it would not be appreciated.

His attention was snapped up when a group of three individuals stood up: two women and a male, everyone looking very young and with similar heights. The woman with the long silver hair was the one to speak up.

“My name is Moon Byulyi and these are Kim Yewon and Lee Jihoon. We come from a pack on the Northeast of this region, in the general direction of the margins of the Black Lake. I am the oldest of them and the guardian of these two wolves. As our dear friend Seungwan as explained to you, there are wolves that defy normalcy and are special creatures with the blessings of Mother Nature, who allowed them to possess abilities. As Seungwan certainly explained as well, despite Mother Nature’s blessing, we also are aware that these changes come from a biological ground too. Researchers in our pack believe that, at some point between the extinction of the human race and the birth of other creatures like ours, the remaining beings bred amongst themselves as to not extinct as well and, therefore, everyone came to be. Furthermore, our researches point out that these special wolves have genetic codes that are a mix between wolves and other creatures. Jihoon and Yewon happened to be some of those wolves: Yewon is what we come to call a Weaver, a wolf with the ability of creating illusions by touching an object and making you see something that is not real. She possesses genetic traces of wolves and fairies. Jihoon, one the other hand, is a Crawler Wolf, which is a wolf that can see past experiences of someone. He is very similar to Jongin, however, while Jongin sees the futures, Jihoon sees the past. His genetic code point to wolf, banshee and vampire traces.”

Byulyi was short and concise with her words, allowing the other groups to present themselves. There wasn’t that much to add anyway and the questions he was sure that people had could wait to the moment after their introductions.

The next group had four elements and the spokesperson was a massive man that rivaled Yifan’s height. He was very muscular, more than anyone in that room but had a young face and a gentle expression.

“I’m Kim Woojin and these are the members of my small pack: Kim Taehyung, Jeon Somin and Jeon Jiwoo.” He greeted everyone pointing to the people beside him, as he said the names: a male with a dark expression and dark swept back hair, a woman with soft features, large eyes and light brown hair and a young woman with a round face and blonde hair, respectively. “This is a pack formed by rogue wolves that survived the attacks of chimeras and joined forces afterwards. We are nomads by nature and our location was the Red Canyon, south to this village. As Byulyi explained, we are guardians to a special wolf which, in our case, is Somin. We call Somin a Nightwalker as she possesses the ability of entering one’s dream and either observe what it happens, allowing it to unfold normally, or manipulating it to her own accord. She is the only special wolf in our rogue pack and, despite the equal surnames, Somin and Jiwoo are not related to each other, coming from different pack, as I explained before. We believe that Somin’s genetic code is a mixture between wolf, banshee, siren and witch, although we are trying to see how exactly she is influenced by her banshee side.”

The male sat down, folding himself into the chair and throwing an arm around the brunette’s shoulders, Somin, rubbing her shoulder to ease some of the tension from her. The other two, Taehyung and Jiwoo, scooted protectively to Somin, and Baekhyun had actually to mentally applaud Jiwoo because despite her baby face, she had a menacing glare and he wouldn’t doubt her proficiency in combat.

The last group to present itself was actually formed by four people as well, all of them males. The shortest male, a black haired man with features that had vague resemblance to a cat, stood up and spoke to everyone, his low voice that dragged of the words pronounced, in some sort of accent, making him soothing to listen, despite his cold expression.

“We came from western area to this village behind the Great Mountains. I am the representative of this group and my name is Min Yoongi. With me I have Jeon Jungkook, who is, as myself, a guardian, as it seem that is the term to refer to the protectors, as we would call it in our pack, as well as Kim Taehyung, such as the name of the man on the other group, and Park Jimin. These last two wolves are Poseban wolves which, in our pack, is a term similar to ‘special wolf’. Jungkook, Taehyung and I belong to the same pack but Jimin came to our lives about twelve years ago, give or take. We found him on the outskirts of our own village, without any recollection of what had happened to him; all he knew is that the place where he lived was attacked, his own name and the fact that he had been imprisoned somewhere until he escaped. He came to us in poor conditions but we restored him to his full health and he became a member of our pack after our Alpha Leader, Bang Sihyuk, accepted him as one of us. Jimin is an Empath: he can tune in with one’s emotions and know exactly what that person is feeling, no matter how hard that person is trying to hide it. Taehyung is an Elemental: he can manipulate the elements around him to his will. Despite his natural ability to do so in small amounts, meaning that he dominates mostly basic things, his powers can be triggered with sudden switches of his moods. He can control it very well, but everyone is susceptible to different triggers. After having troubles with chimeras as well, we fled from our previous pack and have been together since that time, since we lost all of our previous pack.”

Yoongi presented his pack members in a calm manner; from Jungkook, the baby faced man with big muscles that stared into everyone with a menacing look, to the amused face of Taehyung, who was as tall as Jungkook, although he looked a tad more spacey, to Jimin, the silver haired beauty and shortest of them all, who looked shyly around him, probably a little out of place at being under the scrutiny of so many people.

Yoongi reached of Jimin and pulled him near, allowing the male to take some comfort in the familiar scent and presence.

“Also,” continued the raven haired man in his dragged drawl. “As I think it should be out there, Jimin is my mate and while we accepted Seungwan’s request to help her in her quest, as she helped us many times before, I will not take well any offence directed to him.”

He swept the room with his dark gaze, allowing the message that he has sent to them, the one in which he made a polite request not to mess with his mate, to settle inside before he turned to his pack members.

“Do any of you have anything to add?”

Both Jimin and Jungkook shook their heads negatively, Baekhyun assumed that neither of the two was particularly extroverted, but, surprisingly, the tall male with the amused smile, spoke in a particularly low timber that contrasted deeply with his young face.

“You’re all going to die.”

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone, how is everyone doing? I hope that okay, as always. So, Seungwan is back and she brought a bunch of friends with her, a whole new set of hybrids that have powers similiar, to an extent, to the Oracle. She basically exposed the Council and let everyone knew about the fact that the chimeras were their doing, that they had some kind of relation to the attacks of the chimeras that, supposedly, were the work of the magical community, as far as everyone knew (with the expection of Baekhyun and the others, of course). She is also a big apologist of diversity and she is trying to defend the hybrids rights as living beings and she even brought proof that they are all the same, despite not seeming like so. Beside the obvious reasons, Seungwan has also a more private reason as to why she is so staunch in the fight for equality for hybrids. Do you have any idea as to what it might be??
Also, we are presented with more wolves, hybrids and normal wolves, similar to berserkers, who protect them. Just for discharge of consciousness, I have to say that the Taehyungs added to the story are, in order of appearence J.Seph from K.A.R.D and V from BTS! I love them both and could just pick one of them to enter the story, despite them having the same name and being somewhat confusing.
Also, that little omnious phrase in the end of the chapter! What do you think it means? Please, tell me everything, from thoughts to theories through a comment, a message and upvote and subscribe if you are enjoying the story. 
Lastly, but no less important, I hope that you are all are happy and safe, that you are loved by others, that you love yourself and love others in return and that you are very happy!
Have a magnificent week and enjoy yourself!
Lots of love,
<3