The Process of Healing

The Berserker

It had taken a while for Sehun to try and get all the necessary ingredients to do the medicine for Baekhyun. It had been tricky, more likely borderline insane since Seungwan, the head herbalist of the pack, had given him a suspicious look about it and ultimately didn’t even believed in him, hence him having to beg her to give him the ingredients, pouting and degrading himself into doing cute poses and acting like a small children for her to agree.

Seungwan, who was teeny tiny thing, with a little over than five feet, while Sehun towered over her a by a foot, was one of Sehun’s favorite pack members ever; she had quite a kooky appearance: big eyes, chubby cheeks and her light brown hair, which was long enough for a small person like her, was always in some kind of crazy her do, resembling a bird’s nest for the majority of it. While she appeared crazy as heck, which she totally was, she was a big air head and she looked like she didn’t understand what was going on most of the times, however, Sehun knew fairly well that she had a brilliant mind, a mischievous personality and half of the times she was avoiding any unnecessary conversations with people she didn’t like, for example, the Jung sister. It was actually quite hilarious if Sehun thought about it. He felt very comfortable with Seungwan, the fact that she was Kris’ sister only help to the affection he had for her.

She had looked at him with her big eyes, asked him why did want those ingredients, didn’t buy any of his excuses and in the end let him go with them after he sang a nursery song, complete with a choreography, stating that she didn’t need the truth but if he lied to her again, she would tie him to a tree for a day. Needless to say, he agreed wholeheartedly, especially when she gave him a wink and promised not to tell anyone.

He arrived at the clearing, his eyes searching everywhere for the three wolves that had requested for his help. They were not in sight and, truth to be told, there was an intense smell coming from the ingredients on his pouch that kept him from identifying other scents, he already had sneezed multiple times on his way here, pretty much ever since he had picked them up from Seungwan; he wasn’t quite sure how she managed but Seungwan was a whole new kind of amazing on her own.

There was no one in sight and Sehun grew confused and a little bit angry; where were day? What was the point of asking for his help and making him go through all of this trouble if they were going to turn around and leave at the first opportunity? Sure, Sehun had a lot of questions to make to the group; it wasn’t very often that a group of rogue wolves was seen, it was actually quite rare and especially if said wolves had those weird eyes like the ones he met. The Council had always taught them to avoid and distrust what was different, although they didn’t quite phrase it like that, they always manage to add a little more finesse to their speeches, but Sehun was fairly good at reading between the lines. Despite that oppression, he had always been a curious thing and that curiosity always trumped anything else, it made him reckless sometimes, people often said.

That recklessness led him to situations that he would rather not be, for instance, this one where a massive wolf had threw him to the ground, a paw menacingly sitting on his neck, making it hard to breath, growling in his ear, leaving him shell shocked, his pride being the only thing that kept him from whimpering in fear.

“Chanyeol!” a commanding voice that Sehun recognized immediately as Jongin’s: soft, low and slightly sweet voice, rang through the space, making the pressure on his neck made by that enormous paw go away, allowing him to gasp, a hand coming right away to touch the spot.

A gentle hand came in touch with his skin making him jump slightly and back away.

“Calm down Sehun, it’s me, Jongin. I’m really sorry for Chanyeol’s actions but you smell strongly of other wolves and he just attacked you. Also, there some herbal scent coming from you that was very confusing. Once again, I’m sorry.”

Sehun said nothing, not acknowledging the apology, shrugging it off although it bothered him: it bothered him that these three wolves could act so violent, while packs usually were a bit protective over their land and their people, violent behaviors where not common and this clear display of aggression, that Sehun slightly suspect that it might had to do with some unknown story behind said three wolves.

Straightening himself up, Sehun managed to shakily get off the ground, locking eyes with Jongin but taking two steps back, distancing himself from the other two wolves, Chanyeol was now in human form, before one of them jumped his throat again; while he decided to help them, he didn’t exactly trusted them, after all he didn’t know them and wolves didn’t see eye to him sometimes, especially when it came to protection.

Jongin looked over him strangely as if he didn’t quite understand the reason as to why he was putting distance between them.

“Sehun? Is everything alright?” he asked carefully, eyeing the other male.

“I’ve got everything to treat your friend.” He told them, avoiding the question made; he had been so enthusiastic to help and actually eager to do it, since it was something that he really liked: helping people, but now that he thought about it, he was helping three stranger, that he knew nothing about, and who managed to attacked him twice, despite the fact that they hadn’t, in fact, hurt him.

“Oh!” exclaimed Jongin, his eyes widening as if he remembered something important. “We had to move Baekhyun from where he was; some wolves, from you pack I assume, were wandering around, far too close to comfort, and we were afraid that they come and well, we were afraid of problems; we are rogues after all. We moved him to the other side of the river, the water covers the scent.”

Sehun nodded at the other male and allowed them to lead the way, looking through his pouch to access the damage that had been made to his things, to the ingredients that he had brought to help the wolves.

He jumped when someone brushed against him and he saw Chanyeol big form next to him, his posture straight and eyes locked on him.

“I’m sorry.” Said the male “My intention wasn’t hurt you or scare you and for that I am sorry but I am protective and that is something that I won’t ask forgiveness for. I hope you understand.”

After that no other words were spoken, other sounds coming from them were practically nonexistent, except for the sounds made by Jongin humming, clearly content over the fact that a healer was coming to help them, like he had promised. For some reason, it seemed that the fact that Sehun kept his promise was more important than the cure for his friend.

They crossed the river and got to a small area, really near from the place they used to make the crossing, located next to a multitude of big rocks that covered completely the view to the other margin which was rather perfect for a group like them who did not want to be found.

Baekhyun, as a wolf, was lying on the floor, breath coming heavy and too fast, wound on his side beginning to close, which wasn’t good since it hid the infection, still oozing green pus, beneath the skin.

The wolf lifted his head to look at the newcomers a growl ready on his lips before he noticed who it was and laid his head back on the floor. It wasn’t good, not if the active wolf Sehun saw a few hours back was leaning faster and faster to a state of inertia.

He glanced over at Jongin, asking silently for permission to approach the other wolf, which was granted by a surprised Jongin, who wasn’t expecting the courtesy, before doing the same with Baekhyun.

The wolf gazed up tiredly at him before huffing slightly and diverting his multicolored eyes, much like an aurora borealis filled his grey, magenta, blue and grey hues, to the ground.

Sehun approached slowly, laying his pouch next to him and grabbing a mortar and a pestle and some flasks with herb.

“What are those for?” asked Jongin, squatting down next to him, curiosity lacing his words.

“These” explained Sehun “are objects used to grind salts and herbs into dust.”

“Why are you grinding salt then?” he asked while Sehun turned the coarse grains into finer ones. “Did you found out what was causing the infection?”

“Well, not really.” Replied Sehun to the other’s shock; upon seeing their faces, he was quick to explain. “I mean I asked people, I told them a lie saying that I found a carcass of an animal with the symptoms and conditions that I observed. He said that it was true, that Wendigo bites are not supposed to infect but the tooth that I found wasn’t one of a Wendigo. He said that the canal inside made it look like a serpent like tooth but the shape made it more like a sea creature like a worm or a fish. However, another person, a scholar, said that there once a creature, that doesn’t really exist, had teeth just like this. Our main healer says it’s impossible but it led me to wonder if, maybe, due to similarities, it couldn’t actually be.”

He could feel Jongin’s eyes on him, Chanyeol’s too, only Baekhyun had close his eyes. They were pondering his words but he didn’t allow them to properly think about them opting to continue to talk about what his doing, mostly because he wanted to recite out loud the procedures, making sure all steps were in the right order; partially, he was nervous: if this would was proven to be the right treatment, it might mean that it was, in fact, a basilisk tooth and the implications of it…Sehun shuddered, he didn’t want to think about it.

“The salt is to clean the wound; salted water helps to disinfect the infected area. I’m grinding it so that it’s easier to mix with the water, serving its purpose better than if I leave grains of a perfectly good disinfecting agent on the bowl rather than use it whole.”

Both Chanyeol and Jongin looked over at him in complete awe, very much intrigued and reverent of Sehun’s knowledge and capable hands, despite being an apprentice.

“I need to make open the wound again, back to its original state, so that there isn’t an infection beneath the skin.”

Without being asked, Chanyeol brought a claw to the wound, cutting the skin upwards and reopening the small amounts that had crusted. Jongin helpfully stopped Baekhyun from howling, as the pain hit the fallen wolf, his feverish eyes moving upwards to stare at him, silently begging him to do something.

With gentle hand, Sehun squeezed the red areas around the wound, grimacing at the pus that leaked out of it, Baekhyun weakly moving his hind legs in protest, a huge paw nicking Sehun on the leg, making him hiss.

“Baekhyun!” gasped Jongin, noticing immediately the scent of iron in the air.

“Don’t worry; it’s nothing.” Replied Sehun, moving his leg a little before continuing what he was doing.

After cleaning and disinfecting the area, he brought a few more flasks out of his pouch, pouring them all on the mortar and, once again, grinding them together into a fine dust.

“What are those? Smells weird.” Stated Jongin with a frown on his face.

Out of three wolves, Jongin seemed the more communicative than the other two but, well Baekhyun was sick, he didn’t know much about of the wolf except for the fact that he tried to eat him once, like a chubby rabbit that his pack put in the stews. Chanyeol on the other side did not say much but Baekhyun could see that he was curious, just cautious; very cautious, after all he did not know Sehun that well.

“These are charcoal and bentonite clay that I am turning into dust. Then, when it is approximately like this, the contents properly mixed with each other and a really fine grain, I add some Echinacea oil and turned it into a paste.

“Why?”

“To cover the area of the wound and its surroundings; it’s a very efficient treatment against all types of snake bites, it help to eliminate the toxins on the venom of the blood stream which is what I intend to do.” Explained Sehun while mixing the ingredients into a thick but smooth paste.

He cleaned the area with a small cloth, still grimacing at the pus; he was squeamish around pus but mangles bodies, blood and cuts that were deep enough to let the bone and teared muscle to be exposed…he sure was one hell of a healer.

When he deemed the area clean enough, he picked a good amount of the paste and spread it upon the wound. It was bleeding a little but that was expected it, cooing a little at the sounds of pain that were, occasionally, being heard, forgetting for a second that he was working with a grown wolf rather than kids or his own pack.

He didn’t notice the look of surprise that Chanyeol sent his way or even the way that Jongin’s eyes and mouth curled in delight, amused at the situation, Jongin was quite certain that if Baekhyun was more coherent and in a lower level of pain, he would probably scowl at them.

“It’s gonna do its thing for about half an hour, charcoal is said to have negative impacts on humans but since, at the moment, he is in wolf form, it’s perfectly fine but let’s not push it. Every time this paste is used on him he must stay in wolf form. It’s safer and it will act faster thanks to the advanced genetics of this form.”

Sehun washed his hands after applying the paste, nodding happily at the job made which was pretty damn good in his modest opinion. He trailed a gentle hand on the wolf’s soft fur while he was fetching something else from his pouch; he did it unconsciously, used to comfort people in dire hours.

“This” he told the other wolves, showcasing a small transparent vial filled with a yellowish kind of liquid. “It’s an infusion made out of yarrow, soursop, ginger and thyme; all of this ingredients have healing properties: thyme is antiseptic which means that blood poisoning is not an option, ginger is antiviral and antibacterial which will ensure the safety of his organism, soursop is a fruit that relaxes the patient and allows a good sleep, allowing him to rest, yarrow dilates the pores and allows you to sweat more, which will release all the toxins and unwanted residues out of his body. There is a hint of vanilla too which is antipyretic, meaning it will lower his fever, and leaves a nice taste to the infusion. He has to drink it warm though.”

“So this is like his medicine?” asked Chanyeol sniffing the contents of the vial that Sehun showed them, accessing the veracity of the man’s words; he could never be too careful and allow people to poison Baekhyun or something.

“Yes, I have prepared five vials for you. Every five hours he has to drink it in order to get better and it’s important to check him once in a while to see if everything is going like it should. I am confident about his recovery but, as I told you, I am treating him for something that I am quite unsure of what actually is. I hope I am right but then again not…” explained Sehun while leading the vial to the wolf’s mouth and making him drink the still warm concoction.

“Why is that?”

“If Jongdae, our pack’s scholar, is right, then we are most definitely working with the work of a basilisk and the implications of it… I’d rather not think about it.”

Jongin hummed; the other man had a point with what he said, after all, as he had explained before, a basilisk was supposed to be a mythological creature and there was the whole think about being a wendigo biting Baekhyun; he had seen the creature biting into the other’s flank, therefore how in the world this whole situation happened to begin with. The implications were serious indeed.

“What are the implications of this?” asked Jongin after a few moments of silence, looking over to Sehun with a serious gaze on his face; when he noticed the other’s reluctance, he sighed deeply. “Just… Humor me please.”

Sehun placed all his belongings back on his pouch, giving the other vials to Chanyeol, before sitting on the floor and contemplating how to answer that question. There was a million ways of putting his thoughts into words but how to voice them without sounding completely objective? There were some suspicions on his mind that he didn’t wish to voice at this point.

“I…I think that this is weird…all this. It’s not the first time that a sighting of a stranger creature or even reports of it. I heard from a friend of mine that an area of nymphs was attacked and they found one that supposedly saw something weird. Another friend of mine said that he saw something weird on one of missions and now a wendigo with snake like teeth, a snake that isn’t supposed to exist? It’s not proven that my last assumption is correct, only if your friend responds well to treatment but it’s weird. One is an incidence, two a coincidence and three is a pattern. If the third proves itself to be a pattern… what does it means? Who are these creatures? Where did they come from and what are their objectives? This has been bothering me. I don’t know; it’s confusing at the very least. I have so many questions and so little answers.”

“You’re right; this could mean nothing but it also can mean a lot. What are your theories about it?”

“Well,” began Sehun his lips nervously “There are a few books in our pack that our teachers read to us when we were little but I outgrew those pretty fast, I wanted to read a bunch more and not only bed time stories. One day, my teacher was showing us something and someone asked where we could learn more about that and she replied that we could only stick to the books permitted by the Council. When someone inquired why, she told us that the Council was afraid that some of the matter on some book that belonged to our pack were improper for our people to learn, therefore, every single one of them was locked. However, I was a child that I didn’t exactly…care that much for rules, so I snuck inside and I took a couple of them, very few, enough for me to have an enjoyable time reading them, few to be noticed. There was this one book that explained that alchemy was nothing but a myth but, it was possible to achieve one of its goals, tranation, applying it to other areas. I didn’t found out what those were though, the next few pages had been ripped by the next time I picked the book again. Why is that? Because someone tattled that I had been seen with the book and I was punished for that and the location of the books changed. I just remembered that the next chapter’s title was something about genetics. So, maybe, alteration of genes is responsible for these creatures, or at least, these supposed creatures? I really don’t know.”

It was a crude observation, lacking proper arguments and theoretical knowledge to actually be anything valid but, then again, when did an opinion, a vague hypothesis, had to have fundament?

Jongin hummed and even Chanyeol looked pensive. Baekhyun, the big wolf, was sleeping away, the infusion that Sehun had gave him had served doing its purpose and allowing him to fall into a deep sleep, the little whines that he released from time to time where the only indicator that he wasn’t as well as anyone would assume.

“It’s an interesting perspective.” Commented Chanyeol.

“Yes, but somehow it leaves my skin prickling a little but, as you very smartly said, although wording it a little differently, no proof and not observing it, experience it, doesn’t allow us to say much. I know it happened to Baekhyun but what I seen was a wendigo bite him; if indeed proves to be a snake bite than there is something worth investigating.”

Chanyeol nodded at Jongin’s words, clearly agreeing with the words proclaimed by the leader of the three rogues.

Sehun stood up suddenly, making the two people still awake look at him.

“I have to go.” He explained. “I have a village festival tonight and people will start wandering where I am. Seungwan made a lot of questions already and I don’t want to put you in any danger and I suspect you do not want that either.”

“Seungwan?” asked Jongin. “That’s a curious name.”

“Not really, no. It’s our pack leader sister’s name: Seungwan. She’s a good friend.”

“Her name sounds familiar, that’s all. Then if you must go, you must go. As you’ve said, none of us wants trouble but, I have to ask you Sehun, come tomorrow. Help us and help Baekhyun. As much as these two proud wolves won’t admit, we are in dire need of help: we are tired and one of us is injured, so please, help as for as long as you can. When Baekhyun is healed we’ll be gone and your life will be as it ever was.”

Sehun didn’t really know what to say to that but he had always been soft hearted and the sincerity in Jongin’s voice along with the tone of the request, which was clearly begging him to say ‘yes’ was what made him agree.

“Yes, I’ll help you and I’ll check up on your friend. I’ll come whenever I can but I cannot draw suspicion onto me nor you. Our leader is very understanding but our Council is not, if they find about this I will be exiled most likely and they will do the same to my closest friends.”

“Okay, do it at your own pace, according to your needs, just… come.”

“I will. I promise I will. Just keep on checking your friend, leave the rest to me. I’ll leave you with enough amount of medicine for a couple of days.”

Jongin nodded, eyes thankful and warm, and he came forward to briefly hug the other male who blanked, completely surprised.

“Thank you!”

As Jongin stepped back, standing near Chanyeol, Sehun put all of his things in his pouch, mumbling instructions to clear the paste in approximately ten minutes and give him the infusion at the appropriate time. As he began walking to the river, Jongin’s soft voice called to him.

“Sehun?”

Said man turned around to look inquisitively at the bronze skinned male before him.

“I know you have questions, you can ask next time. We’ll answer you, it is the least I can do after you already helped us so much.”

Sehun nodded before taken off running.

“He’s a weird kid.” Commented Chanyeol to Jongin.

The smaller male, who was busy petting Baekhyun’s sleeping form smiled.

“He’s not weird, just peculiar.”

“Are you sure he is the one?”

“I’m sure; I am one hundred percent sure.”

“And about; very important one in the future, she knows.”

“Like you?”

“No, not like me; I am not sure how or why but she’s a vital piece to whatever’s gonna happen.”

“And what’s gonna happen?” asked Chanyeol looking at the sky, basking in the warm, orange and purple rays of a sunset.

“That, brother of mine, I don’t know yet but I will find out, sooner or later, conventional or unconventional methods.” Replied Jongin, sitting next to Baekhyun and closing his eyes for a little. “Everything is about to change.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Sehun arrived at his hit, one that it was contiguous to Jongdae’s, he immediately saw Seungwan, a hand full of wild flower on her hands, twisted into flower head bands that most people wore, if they wanted to at the festival.

“Where were you?” she asked seemingly nonchalant, although Sehun could perfectly see the curiousness on her eyes.

“I went to the river; I needed to clean my vials. I was up all night yesterday tinkering away with some oils and well, Luhan is not going to be happy if he sees them.”

“Why should he be angry? They are your vials, not his.”

Sehun blanched, he was sure that Seungwan had seen through the lies he was spewing.

“Yeah…I thought as might. Lying is bad, Sehun. Don’t you know the old tale of Peter and the wolf?”

“The one were the kid’s sheep get mauled because he lied?” asked Sehun confused at the children’s book reference. “Boy who cried wolf?”

“I was actually thinking about the version where Peter found a wolf and he lied to everyone about its existence; the ending was quite ambiguous. I don’t know how that ends, though, you have to find and read that book.” She replied with a small smile before scampering off to do whatever she had to do, before she completely left his field of vision, she turned around. “Just be careful, Sehun.”

Sehun felt his heart leap up to his throat at the vague stamen made by his friend; did that meant that he wasn’t really being that much careful and that she knew that he had been affiliating himself to other wolves, rogue wolves at that, not from their pack. Seungwan had always been a little more… clairvoyant, if that was the appropriate word, since she always was aware and knew thing before others do, if they knew it at all.

Whatever reason she may had when stating those words to him, Sehun took it as a warning: Seungwan didn’t really waste words when they weren’t needed and he felt, knowing her so well, that he should listen, partially because she was his friend, partially because she was an intelligent and powerful wolf.

He barely reached the inside of his hut, placing his pouch by his bed, when the door burst open and Soojung, the youngest of the Jung sisters, came inside with a bag full of branches, not bothering with common courtesy such as knocking or asking permission, leaving Sehun looking at her with a raised eyebrow; he hated how the, admittedly, pretty omega wolf acted like royalty, read a spoil rotten brat, to everyone and anyone.

“Ever heard of knocking?” he asked dryly, growing a little more irate as she ignored his comment and proceeded forward with her nose wrinkled in disgust, as if she walking on a pigsty, which she really wasn’t since Sehun was very clean; his work with Luhan had taught him the importance of being organized and clean was a trait that he applied in every other aspect of his life as his home.

“Is there something that you want?” asked Sehun annoyed at the girl’s behavior.

“I came to pick up the decorations for the festival.” she drawled, busy twirling her hair.

“What decorations?”

“You know the candle holders. Sooyoun asked you to make them.”

“She didn’t!” refuted Sehun, eyebrows high on his forehead. “She asked me to provide the herbs for the ritual to give to Kyungsoo and asked me to collect some fresh spices for the cooks but I already delivered them all the in early morning, because dawn is the best time to pick them up.”

“She also asked you to make the candle holders.”

“She wouldn’t, those are a pain in the to do, Sooyoun needed to ask me to do those like three day ago and the first time that I ever talked to her about doing something for the festival was yesterday night.” Insisted the man since he knew perfectly well that there was no way that the older Jung sister had made that request to him.

“She did.” Replied Soojung with an air of nonchalance around her.

“When?” asked Sehun more and more irritated by the second; he wanted her to be gone and leave his house.

“Two hours or so ago.” Smirked Soojung “It was supposed to be my task but I don’t really want to do it; it’s not my first heat but I want to look pretty for… possible suitors and this kind of work does nothing worthy to my hands, I cannot have that.”

“Do it yourself Soojung, do you really think I am going to do your work just because you don’t want to? Grow up.”

“My sister told you to do it, it was an order!”

“Your sister is not my alpha nor the head of the Council: her word means nothing to me.” Replied Sehun, knowing that later he would probably regret it since Soojung was going to tell her sister and the older Jung would find a way to punish him somehow.

“She isn’t but she can make your friends life miserable.” She threatened making Sehun falter; she knew she had won by stating those words.

“Make sure that at least thirty of them are ready by tonight.” She smirked before waltzing out of his house with a skip on her step.

“I hate her…I really, really hate her!”

“Hate her all you want.” Came a voice from inside his hut, making Sehun jump almost a foot in the air. “She’s still going to be obnoxious.”

“By the gods Kyungsoo, what are you doing here?”

“I came to look for you. I needed sage for tonight, for the blessing bundles I am going to make: I ran out. Admittedly, I was also running from Sooyoun.” Confessed the smaller man, twitching nervously at the admittance.

“Why?” Asked Sehun while pulling the bag of branches to the middle of the room, sighing at the sheer size before dumping them all on top of the table; the purpose was to make a little nest out of malleable branches and twigs, the greener ones, allowing someone to place a candle inside of it, for illumination purposes.

“She wanted me to watch over the temple tonight instead of going to the festival.”

Sehun looked over the man, eyebrows shooting up at the proffered words.

“That doesn’t make any sense; I mean you are our High Priest, you’re the person who always lead the first heat festival.”

“I know but, well, you know how she can get sometimes…”

“Stupid? Obsessive? Ruthless? Yes, I know! I also know that this is nothing more than a pointless plan of her, since the Council will not agree, not even Soo Man, because Soojung probably complained that you’d be there and Minseok wouldn’t give her two seconds of his time.” Stated Sehun, irony lacing his tone, sitting on a chair readying himself to spend hours on those damned things.

“Maybe…but still, I would rather not confront her. I don’t like confrontations and I seriously cannot be bothered like this on a happy occasion like this.” Shrugged Kyungsoo, sitting next to him.

“Hmm…true!”

“Where were you? I spent a lot of time running around looking for you. Last time I saw Luhan he was picking apples with some others, I think possibly Yoona and Seulgi, Hongki was there but he wasn’t really helping picking the fruit, he was more like transporting the baskets. He was really angry over the fact that he had to pick apples.”

And Sehun really knew: Hongki was a beta with a razor sharp tongue, known for having an allergy to apples, which was why Sehun didn’t understand why he was sent; then again, the Council had most likely decided it. He was probably the only one who didn’t really mind to throw insults in Soo Man’s and the Jungs sisters, along with other members of the Council, on their faces, hence the reason to why he was punished so many times; Kris was his saving grace since the pack leader often helped him getting rid of some sticky situations. Hongki was brutally honest but not a mean person and the Council often used him to show its power, despite the members that frown upon this kind of actions but even they were outnumbered.

“I was experimenting with some oils early on the morning and went to the forest to clean my things.” He lied using the same excuse he had given Seungwan.

“Oh…okay.” Nodded Kyungsoo “You want some help with those? I’ll help you if you help me making the bundles.”

“Yes, please Soo.” Begged Sehun, acting much like a pup would, ripping a smile from the older wolf, who gently rubbed his shoulder.

In relative quietness, since neither of them was a particular talker, both man put hands to work, making the sage bundles and the candle holders. It was a difficult task and both of them were also concentrating a lot to do things properly and finished them on time.

While he was working all the stress and all the thoughts about the strange wolves were banned from Sehun’s mind. For a long time, his mind focused on matters that were typical, routine-like, but for some reason, something that he couldn’t understand, it seemed like something was missing, that something, somehow, wasn’t how it was to be.

And that was the first sign that Mother Earth ever sent to him.

 

 

 

A/N: Another chapteeeeeeer! Sehun being a little angel, helping our beloved trio and then being confronted by a brat and being helped by a sweet Kyungsoo. Something wicked is brewing though so hold on tight! It's gonna be a hell of a ride. 
Anyways, what did you think of this episode? What can you extract from it? Who is the character you want to see or know about more? Tell me everything in a comment below, in a private message. If you like this story, please go check the other ones, you may find something that you really like. Aaaaand upvote because why not?
Last, but no less important, please be safe, be happy, love a lot and let yourself be loved in return and, very important: BE HAPPY!
Have a wonderful day slash week and enjoy one more chapter!
LOVE YOU ALL!
<3