External And Internal Pains

The Berserker

The air was stiff, almost suffocating with heat and the lack of humidity but everything faded out at how nervous everyone was. The external voting was about to start and Sehun would be lying if he said he wasn’t nervous: he was nervous as heck, trying to maintain a steady breathing and preventing himself from hyperventilating by holding Baekhyun’s hand in his tightly.

Chanyeol was standing beside him and there were three guards watching over them, even though they were calm and collected…to some extent. He had seen the representative Council members enter the precinct, all five of them, alongside with the heirs from the founding wolves, with three Guardian members and Yifan and Junmyeon, who had gave him a little encouraging nod right as he walked by, hands laced with Yifan’s bigger one. Sehun had almost a giggling fit when he spotted the looks that Sooyoun sent to the omega and the raised eyebrow that Junmyeon sent her back, nose swiveling into the air right as he saw her.

“Are you okay?”

Sehun turned to the source of the sound, meeting Baekhyun’s gaze straight on. The older male seemed truly worried about him, which was quite understandable, since he couldn’t seem to stop shaking a little, anxiety ruining him. And to top things off, Baekhyun couldn’t even stand properly without any help, he needed a strange contraption that Jeongyeon had searched on an old book for, called wheelchair; it was basically a big chair with wheels that allow people to push the chair for Baekhyun since the older male was still far too weak and even an effort like that was tiring after a few minutes.

Jeongyeon had explained the effects of Baekhyun’s actions to them and explained that his body wouldn’t be regenerating at a wolf’s normal pace, stating that the tissues had been too damaged and that his cells couldn’t produce enough energy to speed up the process. She also mentioned that the therapy would help to strengthen up the muscles in a way that wouldn’t be hazardous to Baekhyun but, unfortunately, they had no such time for those things: yesterday, Sehun had been snuggling Baekhyun to his heart’s content and now he was waiting for a trial that was going to decide Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s future and that scared him to death.

Looking over at the older wolf’s face, Sehun found the voice to reply and try to appease the man at his side.

“I’m okay. I am just very anxious. On one side, I really want to have this over and done with but, on the other side, I fear the verdict.”

“It is expected really. I think today is a big day.”

Chanyeol, who had been leaning against a wall with his eyes closed, opened his eyes to look at the both of them like he was personally insulted by the words his older brother just uttered.

“A big day?” he repeated, pulling his head away from the wall. “It’s just our futures who are going to be decided in there, no pressure or anything…”

“I am not trying to minimize its importance, Chanyeol; I am perfectly aware of how daunting this is but really, do you have to make everyone more on edge?” deadpanned Baekhyun once he saw how the other’s words had amped Sehun’s anxiety.

The berserker seemed to realize that the younger wolf was close to hyperventilating and mumbled a small ‘sorry’ to the wolf before punching his leg lightly, frustration crawling out of his skin in huge waves.

“Listen, I’m not intending to put anything more stress into anyone: we are already stressed enough, but this situation is unsettling me and I am having a hard time to adjust.”

“Daunting.” Repeated Baekhyun with a nod, putting a hand on Sehun’s shoulder and pulling the male towards his own body, allowing the male to snuggle against his side.

“True. And I feel stressed over the fact that there are a bunch of people gathered to decide something that shouldn’t be theirs to decide, which is our lives; also, it kind of that I can’t really do anything about it because, well, we are on the rough side of health and even if I wanted to bolt away they would beat the crap out of us.”

There was a silence after that and nobody knew what to say. Sure, they were all anxious, ones portraying it more than other, but nobody dared to voice out the origins of this anxiety, in fear of making everything more real.

The truth was that they could be walking to their deaths and there was nothing they could do about it. It wasn’t something set in stone and there were people rooting for the opposite but, plainly, they were about to let people decide if they lived or nothing and, as Chanyeol put it, they couldn’t really not say no: they were far from healthy, which would rend them useless in any possible battle they had to face against pretty much anyone, Baekhyun was the worst, followed by Sehun; plus, they were largely outnumbered, which placed them in a big disadvantage; it was one thing to mingle with them in the middle of a battle, protected by some sort of veiled anonymity due to the panic of the moment, it was another completely different thing when everyone knew who and what you are: if they tried to escape or fight they would end up that for certain.

Of course that this predicament left him with no choice but to be present in this trial and hope for the best. Baekhyun didn’t dare to say it but he had a large hope that everything would be okay, just like Seungwan told him; like Yifan, Junmyeon and Jungsu tried so hard to make happen.

But then again, if thigs took a turn for the worst, Baekhyun was more than prepared to argue in Sehun’s defense: Chanyeol, given the fact that he wasn’t that injured, could easily run away and, if he planned things enough and things got really bad, he would sacrifice himself in order for them to run away. But only as a last resort, he still had enormous amounts of faith.

The door opened and a male that was unknown to Baekhyun and Chanyeol opened the door making Sehun jump in the process, no really expecting it.

“You are summoned by the members of this pack.” He announced, stepping aside slightly in order to allow them to pass.

Baekhyun felt the way Sehun stiffened, his body going tight with nerves and the anxiety that the younger male had boiling inside of him since the previous day, where Junmyeon had announced that the external voting would be taking place.

He grasped one of Sehun’s hands into his own and made the beta look him in the eyes, allowing him to focus on what he was going to tell him.

“Hey!” he exclaimed calling the attention of the younger. “Stay strong”

“Don’ tell me that when our lives are about to be judge and all of our actions for the past months are being scrutinized; do you really think I can stay strong at a time like this?” asked Sehun, a little more rudely than we’d like, panic clouding his judgement.

“I know you can.” Countered Baekhyun serenely. “I’ve seen you face worse and survive it. This is just one more trial.”

“In which we could die!”

“We can.” Nodded Baekhyun. “And that is precisely the reason you should keep calm and stay strong; that way you can think more clearly and analytical over everything you heard and everything you say which will allow you to take control of your own words and, luckily, control the voters as well.”

Baekhyun was right, thought Sehun; he knew that his nervousness would make him babble and look like a complete fool in this situation which was not what they needed, they needed someone who demanded the absolution of those people sat in there, even though he knew he was innocent.

“You’re right.” He mumbled, inhaling deeply to calm himself down “You’re right.”

Baekhyun smiled at him. It was a small smile, barely there but Sehun saw it nonetheless. He felt a small kiss being discreetly placed into his knuckles.

“You’re my special person, Sehun.” He reminded the beta lovingly. “You’re going to be fine.”

He released the younger’s hands, asking him to pull the chair into the room, not leaving any place for Sehun to discuss with him his words or even ponder about them. He knew Sehun would try but seeing Chanyeol waiting for them at the entrance and the guards faces, he knew the beta wouldn’t do it for the time being and that was reiterated when the younger didn’t ask question, limiting himself to push Baekhyun’s chair into the room.

The room itself was intimidating: big and dark. Baekhyun supposed that it should have that particular vibe since only really important decisions were taken in this room; it was only used for this exact purpose: an external voting, or so Junmyeon had explained to him.

On the far end from the door there was a pulpit were an older man stood, scrutinizing a couple of papers on his hands and shuffling through them calmly, occasionally flicking the reading glasses on his face that kept sliding down his nose. Next to the pulpit, on both sides, there were the voters, and he knew that because Jeongyeon’s face was staring at them as they entered, sitting right next to a young man with dark long hair, whose face betrayed his nervousness and out of place feelings and an older woman who had a particular expression to her that suggested she was utterly displeased with their presence.

On the left side of the room, were the Council members; although there were five of them, Baekhyun could only recognize Soo Man, Sooyoun and Youngwoon; the other two members were a blond male who was glaring at the three mentioned people, clearly annoyed to be there, which made him think that he had been forced and dragged into this, and a woman with sharp features and a blank expression that wasn’t really enough to cover her calculating gaze.

The right side had people he knew fairly: Jungsu, Junmyeon and Yifan. With them were a young woman with bunny teeth and a pleasant smile and a young male, about Baekhyun’s own age with blonde cropped hair and a wide mouth, tall and quite gangly but with a wise glint in his eyes that appealed to Baekhyun.

The three of them were led to a table, right in front of the doors, in which they were told to sit down and wait for the man on the pulpit, who was presiding the voting, to give them instructions. 

The man stood about five minutes studying his papers, and nearly giving Sehun a conniption, since he didn’t seem to worry and start the session, before he pulled his glasses up one more time and looked at all of the presents before cleaning his throat loudly, demanding silence, and finally speaking up.

“Good afternoon, my name is Kim Youngchul and I will be presiding this session today, requester by Lee Soo Man, head member of the Council. I take an oath towards my village and the present people in this room in which I will prevail objective throughout the duration of this session, disregarding any personal thoughts on the topics in debate and favoring none of the different parts speaking today. Therefore, I am here today only to prevent any verbal confrontations, allowing each party to speak up freely and in their own time, avoiding the overlapping of the speakers. As it is, I hope that every person inside this room today maintains its best behavior, summarizing the session in a peaceful and civilized manner. It is a matter of importance to note that this voting is lacking a member, Son Seungwan, who is reported to be missing ever a couple of weeks, after an incident occurred on this village. Everything said today will be written down by our three scriveners: Kim Sejeong, Choi Yoojung and Choi Junhong.”

Baekhyun only now noticed the three young wolves sitting behind the pulpit, on the very right corner of the room, scribbling furiously onto paper, completely focused on the task at hand, not paying any attention to anyone in that room. For a minute Baekhyun was confused as to why Seungwan and Yifan had different names, only to remember that siblings often had different surnames: the first child usually took the surname of the father and the second the surname of the mother and so on since it helped to maintain the names of certain old lineages alive, so to speak; he, himself, didn’t have the same surname as his brother, since he was a Byun, after their mother, Byun Hyeyoung, and Yixing was a Zhang, after their father, Zhang Chengdong.

“That being said, I declare this session now open.” The man paused briefly on his speech, regarding each person in the room with quick eyes, before continuing. “As I have stated previously, we are here today to discuss a matter of importance to the whole community as it was brought up by the Council head member Lee Soo Man. According to said member, there was a breach on the village security some time ago which allowed two wolves, known as berserkers, into our territory. The Council member believed that the breach occurred previously to the attack of the magical community on our village since they, and I quote, ‘seemed to have a great knowledge of some of our territory aside from showing a deeper connection to a member of our pack, Oh Sehun’, which it is the reason to why he is here today. The Council members requested this external voting to take place because they think the presence of the two wolves is hazardous to the pack because they claim that they not only associate themselves to Oracle wolves but also are known from being, once again I quote, ‘dangerous creatures with an incredible blood thirst who possess powers that go beyond what Mother Nature bestowed upon the pure wolves who are the leaders of the wolf community all over the land’. The leader of the Guardians, Park Jungsu, has taken these wolves under protection of said organization, upon a disagreement with some of the methodologies used by the Council, claiming that the pack Leader should have an input on such a delicate subject, hence the reason why he conceded that protection. The Alpha Leader and his mate, Kim Junmyeon, had been away due to pack’s ordeals and once they returned the decision that Wu Yifan made was not accepted by the Council members who, in turn, asked for the external voting. This concludes a summary of the subject in debate. I ask now to each one of members of the Council to expose the situation better and to bring valid arguments that would help support your position and enlighten the voters, allowing them later in the session to take them into consideration in order to deliver their vote.”

The bespectacled man finished his introduction on the theme and sat down on a chair, allowing the members of the Council to speak and stating their concerns about the subject.

Soo Man stood up from where he was sitting, a look of false concern on his face as he faced everyone in the room, looking so grave and proper that Sehun felt a little indisposed, almost throwing up a little on his mouth.

“Good afternoon everyone, I am very glad that everyone could be present on today’s meeting, since it has an extreme importance to our pack and we, the Council, believe that measures have to be taken to stop the impending doom that threatens the stability of our community.”

Sehun looked over at Baekhyun and Chanyeol and he knew that both men had understood the indirect message that had been, so subtly, delivered to Yifan; Soo Man had manifested clearly that Seungwan’s presence was unnecessary, not demonstrating any kind of remorse at the possibility of a missing pack member. Yifan’s fists, on top of the table where he sat at, clenched tightly, although only a really keen eye could detect that.

“As Youngchul stated, we demanded this meeting to take place today due to very serious problems that are affecting the normal function of this pack and, on a long term, it can even became problematic to the point where this pack may cease to exist.” he continued dramatically. “It has come to our attention that this village and its member have been in direct contact with an Oracle wolf and with the two berserkers in our presence. Now, aside from the battle against the magical community, in which these two berserker males participate, possibly concurring with the magical community. After that, we imprisoned them, making sure each stayed in their respective cell, in order to ask them questions and obtain answers that would reveal their intentions for their presence here. The interrogations were not successful and they even murdered a valuable member of our community, Jang Hyunseung, who was also a member of the Council. Now, the reasoning to why we considered their presence threatening is very simple and it has been explained throughout the years in our History; since centuries ago, these kinds of wolves have been infiltrating themselves into stable communities which is not odd, there are many rogue wolves who tend to do so, however, this presents a problem because of the mental instability that these wolves possess. If we analyze our History, which was carefully documented over the years by many wolves, there are numerous reports of Oracle wolves growing mentally unstable and they turn themselves onto their own friends and neighbors, destroying everything on their passage with the help with the retinue of berserkers that defend them. If the amount of reports like this was low, it would be insignificant, a mere chance of destiny, but there are too many occurrences of the sort for us to let it pass by, it would be unwise on our part. Plus, adding to all of this, there are also reports of the aggressive type of wolves that berserker are: many, many researches along the years, formidable wolves, have written pages upon pages of berserks behavior that suggests, read carefully, that this particular kind of wolves are detrimental to one’s community. If we are to analyze it, one of these men killed Hyunseung, after all. Of course, another fact that has to be taken into consideration is that these wolves are abominations: Mother Nature certainly didn’t create them like this and now they are endangering our lands with their abnormality. Worse than that is the fact that they are taking innocent wolves and are transforming them into their own minions, making them work for them, as it is the case of Sehun. This beta, who has always been playing by the rules, with few minimum exceptions there are not relevant, is being deviated from his good behavior and he has helped through all of this and even withheld information when he was asked about it, going against his pack in order to protect them. We think this is a problematic situation as well, since he is now viewed by many as an untrustworthy member. We ask of to the voters, to think wisely about the future of our pack and reflect if they want to risk having their presence of these wolves in our lands and end up killed, like Hyunseung, out of the blue, and if you really want our children to learn this kinds of behaviors and end up like them, making our structure fall apart by weaving a web of lies and deceit, learned from this two men actions. We are suggesting finishing this problem by exterminating these wolves, preventing other packs to being submitted to their wrong ways as well as ourselves. For Sehun, I think that, due to his actions, he should be expelled from our pack, becoming a rogue wolf, as a repent for letting himself being pulled into their ways and allowing them to penetrate into our village and affecting our normal functioning.”

Sehun gasped, appalled at what he heard, turning to look at Baekhyun worriedly and grasping his hand tightly in his, not caring about the audience that he had: after all Soo Man had, in fewer words, called them errors of life that should be exterminated.

Baekhyun remained impassive, listening carefully and monitoring the faces in front of him in order to calculate where the pendulum would stop and if that stop was against or in their favor.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, looked absolutely livid as he heard the words that came out of the man’s mouth: it sickened him that someone could be so hypocritical; he called them abnormal wolves and wished their extinction but he kept a lab underground which created horrid chimeras that he used, for some reason, against his own pack members.

The woman sitting next to Junmyeon stood up, looking at Youngchul expectantly, clearly a signal that she wished to speak, and the man was quick to concede. Han Seungyeon, as Baekhyun and Chanyeol now knew it was her name, spoke calmly and serenely, although they could detect some incredulity in her voice, as if what she had heard was completely stupid.

“Well, I would like to comment something that was said right now. Council Member Lee Soo Man had stated that are a lot of documents that prove that berserkers are detrimental for one’s pack due to their aggressive behavior, however, as a researcher as well, I have been investigating for this pack for a long time, even before joining the Guardians and I must say that there are inaccuracies in the previous statement. In all the research that I have made, through book, expeditions, missions and several amicable reunions with members from other packs and similar creatures, I have found that berserker wolves have, in fact, a more aggressive behavior than normal wolves and that they have some enhanced abilities that help them to gain the upper hand in difficult times but according to all of the researches made, every single documented attack of a berserker wolves is preceded by a direct or indirect attack to either the Oracle wolf that they protect, their mates or family. I have the statistics on the matter on these papers that I’ll share with you, since I have enough copies.”

The woman, Seungyeon, moved from her place and proceeded to give to each and every single member of the voting a copy of the research she had made, excluding Youngchul and the scriveners. From the corner of his eye, Sehun saw how the blond male from the Council seemed to perk up a little, looking at the information divulged with interest as Sooyoun and Soo Man seethed on their places. After distributing the copies and explaining some of the information in a quick and summarized manner, she returned to her place.

“So, as I’ve previous explained, the charts prove that there hasn’t been a single attack that was executed purely with the said intention; every attack was committed with a protective intent which make this wolves not aggressive beasts but rather protective wolves, with nullifies part of your previous argument.”

“And how do you explain the murder of Hyunseung?” asked Sooyoun arrogantly, her nose tilting upwards and looking at Seungyeon in a superior way.

“Quite easily; as I said just now, berserker wolves are a protective type of wolf with a very deep sense of loyalty to those whom they deem deserving. Now, according to the statements by Soo Man, the Council members took the said wolves for interrogation, keeping them incarcerated while said interrogations were taking place. As everyone is aware, young beta Oh Sehun is the object of berserker Byun Baekhyun affections: he is his mate. While common wolves can choose their mates, berserker wolves function on a different level by choosing a person for the rest of their lives, much like the methodology used for mating by the vampires, which is imprinting. Now, we can clearly see just by looking at everyone that they were submitted to physical abuse and Baekhyun tried to protect his mate and his sibling, resulting in the death of a Council member.”

“There is no proof that the injuries that they sustained were caused by the Council members.” Replied Soo Man tersely.

“Oh but there is. I would figure that one would use that argument so I kindly adjoined on the copies that I provided the medical reports of these three men after the battle with the wizards, before their incarceration, and after they escaped the Council’s cells. You’ll find that the injuries sustained after are far more worrisome and extensive than the ones they had before they were imprisoned. For more details you can look briefly at pages twelve through twenty.” Seungyeon rebuked with a smile that hinted at a slight smirk that she expertly concealed.

As soon as she said that, everyone dug into the copied provided looking at the referred reports, studying them intently. What the Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun also noted was the way that Sooyoun turned her livid eyes onto the blond male behind her.

“Did you provided these reports to them Yasuo? It’s your name signed on them: Yasuo Namekawa!”

“I did.” Replied the blond male simply, without a care in the world.

“Why did you do that?” asked Sooyoun “Are you stupid perhaps? These reports are confidential information that belongs only to the Council; you had no right in handing them these!”

“And conceal information on a trial?” he questioned raising an eyebrow at the woman. “I don’t know if you noticed yet but this is a trial and people can’t really hold information and I am not really that kind of person.”

“You had no right Yasuo. This is an important trial in which we are trying to protect our village’s best interests, how could you be stupid enough to do such thing?”

“Why did you bring me here, Sooyoun?” he questioned with a serious look on his face. “No, seriously, I want to know! Because I did not want to be here in the first thing and you practically shoved me in here. You don’t even need me here, you just picked me because I am a high ranked member of the Council. More so, you don’t even like me!”

If looks could kill Yasuo would be dead by now because Sooyoun was sending him such looks that clearly stated that they were going to have a conversation after this; Sehun wouldn’t be surprised if Yasuo would get demoted by Soo Man from his position for revealing information to what was considered to be the enemy.

“These injuries could’ve been self-inflicted; purposely made for everyone to believe that they were abused by the Council.” Stated Youngwoon throwing his documents on top of his table and regarding the wolves in front of them with an arrogance that rubbed slightly too wrong for Chanyeol; Baekhyun and Sehun suspected that if it wasn’t for the hand on top of his arm, courtesy of his older brother, Chanyeol would’ve jumped Youngwoon’s throat. “And there is also the fact that they escaped captivity for unknown reasons: you cannot tell me or find evidence enough to prove that that isn’t suspicious; people who have nothing to hide, do not need to run.”

Baekhyun’s nose scrunched in distaste at the man’s words but his attention was quickly captured by the small movement made by the male with cropped blond hair sitting on the right side of Jungsu, the male that he had found interesting right at the beginning of the session. Up until now, the male was standing passively on his seat, looking a little absent minded and not really like someone who was paying attention to the discussion, but that seemed to change with Youngwoon’s words, making the alpha male lean forward on the table in front of him, crossing his hands on top of other.

“I request permission to speak.” He asked in a low and deep tone of voice that was kind of intimidating.

Youngchul looked over at the male, seizing him up from above the lenses of his glasses before speaking.

“Permission granted. Please, do state your opinion, Guardian member Kim Namjoon.”

“Thank you.” the male, Namjoon acknowledged but not standing up like Seungyeon did, preferring to remain sat. “First of all, I would like to make a point that all of the arguments that you have been presenting so far are weak due to the lack of empirical proof: you have stated many times that documents support your theories and yet, they are completely contradictory to the statistics presented on the copy that you received. I, myself, helped Seungyeon write the reports that you have in your possession after the case was exposed to us by Jungsu and after being in contact with the healers and even the berserkers themselves. These reports withhold information that was extracted from an intensive analysis to books and documents that we have in our personal collection among others that are of for the public enjoyment; books that I have right here, in my bag, if anyone is interested in see where the quotations, numbers and facts presented on paper came from. This is what they are: facts! Straight out of books. This leads to an important question: why are the arguments presented so different from each other? Which, in turn, leads to another question that I, personally, find important: are the arguments presented based on facts validated by researchers or are you arguments facts that you state after drawing your own conclusions and theories from what you read? Because it seems to me that your arguments were constructed based on your personal opinion on these wolves and the urban myths that populations have been feeding themselves on for years, much like the boogeyman story one uses to terrorize children. That being said, and being this the case, your arguments are completely invalid seeing as they are based on a subjective point of view, where you allow your opinions to blur your judgment, instead of being objective, which is also concerning, since it makes me doubt your intentions. The second point that I like to make lie on the words that the Council member Youngwoon has now spoken in regards to the injuries the member seem to sustain. First of all, it seems that, once again, as it was previously mention, the Council acted upon a situation that was not theirs to solve: a occurring with such importance should be handled by the Alpha Leader and, due to the fact that he was not on the village, the correct procedure was to incarcerate the individuals and wait for instructions, which was not fulfilled, you overstepped your boundaries. Secondly, as everyone can read on the medical reports included on the documents provided by Seungyeon, the healer that signed the pre incarceration reports, Yasuo, stated that there were no life threatening injuries and those occurred after their incarceration, a fact that I can deduce based on the recent medical reports signed by the healers at the medical center, one of them being Jeongyeon, who is seated on the voters side. Now, Soo Man himself said that they were locked in different cells, which clearly says that they couldn’t have harmed themselves, also, the injuries they sustained are not compatible with self-harm: it would have to be someone else to inflict it on them.”

“They escaped!” exclaimed Youngwoon loudly. “It’s very possible for them to have hurt each other outside.”

“Your logic is flawed.” Replied Namjoon calmly. “The three guardian members present in here were part of the team that went to retrieve the three wolves that had escaped from imprisonment, as we were told by the Council, and the time window from between the moment they escaped from the moment we found them totalizes thirteen minutes and seven seconds. First of all, you have to deduct from that sum the total amount of time that took them to run into another space, given the fact that Sehun had an ankle injury, which might’ve slow them down, I would say between five to seven minutes, which only gives them between six to eight minutes to harm each other. That brings us to another important point which is the fact that the sustained injuries are too grave to have been inflicted in such short amount of time. It’s not possible, not even with them being berserkers and having enhanced strength, much less if they were previously injured. That being said, the conclusion can only be that they were, in fact, harmed while imprisoned by the Council.”

When the male finished his speech, everything was silent and one could even hear a drop of water falling. Namjoon had just shot down every argument used by the Council with his brilliant logic and clear speech, while reprimand them for acting out of place by making decisions that weren’t theirs to make.

“Namjoon is brilliant.” Baekhyun heard Sehun whisper to him. “He was invited to join the Guardians when he was seventeen years old to their tactics and analyzers division.”

“How old is he?” asked Chanyeol, overhearing the comment, looking a mix of flabbergasted and amazed.

“He’s twenty two.”

Chanyeol whistled lowly, clearly impressed at the other’s achievements and capacities before turning himself forward to watch the next events unfolding, a little eager as to what the answer on the Council’s part might be.

Soo Man, Sooyoun and Youngwoon looked irate and they had reasons to. This unexpected turn of events made them loose their calm a little and they looked flustered, looking at each other, not really knowing how to continue.

The woman sitting with them, much calmer than them, was the one who asked a question, knowing fully well that Yasuo wasn’t really on their side.

“How do you weasel yourselves out with the charges against them, due to their involvement with the magical community?”

“There are no evidence that it happened Park Hyojin.” Replied Junmyeon calmly, raising an eyebrow in the woman’s direction.

“There is also no evidence that it didn’t! And it is suspicious that it only happened after they got on this village.” Shot back Hyojin with a smirk on her face.

Junmyeon was about to answer when the doors of the room burst open and a figure entered the room.

“Perhaps I can elucidate everyone on that matter.” Stated at voice cheerily, much to everyone’s shock.

Everyone was completely paralyzed at the person’s sudden entrance and it was only Yifan’s voice that brought everyone out of their stupor.

“Seungwan!”

In front of everyone stood Seungwan, followed by Donghae, who was supposed to be guarding the doors of the room, looking completely helpless. She smiled at everyone and sat next to her brother, completely forgoing the open chair at the voter’s area, as if she hadn’t been missing for a while.

After she sat down, she looked up, facing the Council and she allowed a smirk to paint her lips and, truth to be told, it chilled Sehun to the bone at how menacing it was.

“I’m back” She told them. “and I just have so much to share with you. Honestly, so, so much. I am excited. I hope you are excited too because everything you knew is about to change.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone, how have you been doing? I hope that really great and to those who have started school: good luck and my deepest condolences! Been there and done that, do not wish to repeat! xD
Now, onto the story: we have the voting taking place and people are throwing arguments all around the place and, as you can see, the Council is trying to turn the game in their favor by a repetition of the same arguments, basing themselves urban myths and their own personal feelings about the subject while the other party is bringing the big guns and throwing in some historical facts and statistics! Yifan and Junmyeon didn't came into this unprepared! ^^
You can search every single character's name if you want and link a face to the name, since I always bring characters, even if secondary or even figurants, that are a part of TV shows, other k-pop idols and even k-drama actors and actresses. 
Most important part: Seungwan's back and she is going to make a revolution out of this meeting! Want to know more? Next chapter will reveal new things, so please, stay tuned for it! Please, do upvote, subscribe and comment and/or message me, I always reply! ^^
As always: be safe and healthy, love yourself, love others and allow them to love you and be VERY, VERY HAPPY!
Have an amazing week and lots of love,
<3