Chapter Seven

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I feel like the story is starting to go downhill... I'm sorry if it's not up to your expecation but I hope you'll enjoy it (even if it's a little) nonetheless! 

***

“I have a project to discuss with my classmates, sorry.”

Taeyeon frowns at the reply she has just received. Not free again? That is the third time this week.

She pockets the device as walks out of the library in the direction of the car park. When she reaches, she sees Tiffany getting to the pink car she has grown to recognize as Tiffany’s car.

I thought you have a project to discuss?

She frowns as she watches the pink car driving away.

Maybe she has something urgent to attend to.

She gets into her own car and starts up her own engine, driving out of the car park.

===

Tiffany is queuing at the campus’ convenience store when she feels a tap on her shoulder. She turns around and flinches at the sight of Taeyeon.

“Did I scare you?”

“N-no.” Tiffany looks away.

“You flinched.”

“Well, it’s normal to flinch when someone taps on your shoulder all of a sudden.”

“True.” Taeyeon notices the triangular box in Tiffany’s hand. “Just sandwich?”

“Yeah.”

“You should be having proper lunch though.”

She feels the same flutter in her stomach. Goddammit Taeyeon, stop being so attentive.

“I saw you yesterday,” Taeyeon speaks again.

“You did?”

“Yeah, at the car park. I thought you had a project discussion?”

“Oh, that.” Think of something, think of something, think of something… “My group needed materials for our prototype and I was the only one with a car.”

“Oh, I see.” See, Taeyeon? She isn’t lying. Why would she lie to you anyway?

Tiffany heaves a sigh of relief when Taeyeon stops probing. It sounds like a legitimate reason to be seen at the car park anyway. Good safe, Tiffany.

“Next."

Tiffany is secretly relieved to hear the cashier. She pays for the sandwich and drink she’s getting and gets out of the line but only to see Taeyeon waiting for her at the side.

“I have to run,” Tiffany lies. “Got another class.”

“Oh. Okay. I’ll see you then.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Tiffany almost runs out of the convenience store. She feels her increasing heart rate. Great. Even just bumping into her gets my heart pumping like this now? She stifles a curse. Please tell me this is a joke and it isn’t happening for real.

===

“Is something wrong, Taeng?”

“What?”

“This is the fourth time you’re having lunch with us this week.”

“And so?”

“This isn’t normal.”

“I’m just having lunch with my best friends, what’s so abnormal about it?”

“Let’s see. You’ve been having lunch with Tiffany almost every day for the past…” Sooyoung counts mentally. “Two months and all of a sudden, you’re having lunch with us? Four times in five days?”

“Don’t make it sound like I’ve abandoned you guys for her.”

“Technically, you did,” Sunny says after swallowing her food.

“Great, so now I’m a bad friend?”

“We don’t mean that. We understand why you would anyway.”

“Did something happen between you two though?” Sooyoung asks. “I realized you haven’t been meeting her after classes either.”

“Nothing happened. She’s just busy.”

“Every day?”

“I think she has an important project coming up.”

“You think?” Sunny looks at Taeyeon in all seriousness.

“Yes…?”

“You mean you’re not sure about it?”

“Yes?”

“Are you really Taeyeon?”

“What’s wrong with not being sure about that?”

“Because you know everything about Tiffany!” Sooyoung exclaims. “Everything! Even the number of exes she has had!”

“I don’t know how many exes she had!”

“Analogy, Taeng. Analogy.”

“Do you even know what analogy means?” Taeyeon gives the tallest girl a look. “You mean figurative language.”

“Whatever. You know what I mean.”

“But there’s a point to what Sooyoung has said. Haven’t you two been talking?”

Taeyeon shrugs. “I figured I shouldn’t be disruptive if she’s busy.”

“Now that’s strange.”

“What is?”

“I don’t think it’s assignment period now, is it?”

“Well, not for us,” Sooyoung answers, referring to both Taeyeon and her.

“Not for me either.”

“Maybe she got the brief early and wants to finish it as soon as possible. It’s not surprising. I always finish mine earlier too.”

“Oh well, if you say so.” Sunny cleans with the napkin. “Hopefully this doesn’t go on for too long. It’s actually weird seeing you so many times in a week.”

“I’m not such a bad friend, am I?”

“Not a bad friend, just a lovesick puppy.”

“Hey!” Taeyeon almost throws the spoon in her hand at Sunny.

Sunny and Sooyoung laugh and high-fives each other while Taeyeon shakes her head and sighs. It has been quite some time since I laugh with them like this. Have I really been spending too much time with Tiffany?

===

“Oppa!”

Tiffany hugs Hojoon tightly immediately the moment she sees him.

Hojoon hugs the girl back albeit taken aback. He releases his hold when he feels Tiffany’s arm loosening.

“What’s with you recently?”

“What?”

“Why are you so full of aegyo and clingy for the past week?”

Because I need to remember the flutter I felt in the first two months. “Are you complaining about it?”

“Not at all!” Hojoon tightens his hold of Tiffany’s hand. “Just a bit surprised, that’s all.”

“So you like aegyo huh?”

“I think no guys dislike their girlfriend’s aegyo.”

“Oppa~” Tiffany calls with a cute voice.

“Are you trying to send me into cardiac arrest?”

Tiffany laughs and hits Hojoon’s arm playfully.

“Hungry yet?”

“Not really.”

“Wanna catch a movie before we eat then?”

“Movie!” Tiffany claps.

“Such a kid.”

Hojoon leads Tiffany to the highest level where the cinema is at.

“What should we watch?”

“You pick, Oppa.”

“I heard Eye in the Sky is great. Do you want to watch that?”

“Sure.”

“I’ll go get the tickets then. Stay here.”

Tiffany looks around at the different move posters indicating the upcoming blockbusters and stops when she notices the character on one of them.

Captain America: Civil War

She stares at the Iron Man on the poster. This reminds me of you and the first time we watched a movie together. That was the first time I’ve watched a movie with someone through a phone call. Captain America versus Iron Man huh? I think you’re going to love it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter