Chapter Fourteen

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Because there has been a lack of Taeny in the past 13 chapters so........ FULL FLUFF AHEAD!

***

“I’m so glad our confessions happened right at the start of the break.” Taeyeon runs and dives into the couch. “Two weeks all to ourselves!”

“How old are you?!” Tiffany exclaims as she removes her shoes. “And don’t damage my couch!”

“I’m not heavy enough to cause a damage, Fany.”

“You’ll never know with you jumping on it.”

Taeyeon sighs. “So bossy.”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.” Taeyeon grins. “What movie did you prepare?”

“I’ll be right back.”

Tiffany disappears into her room and comes out with her hand behind her back, hiding the DVD.

“What is it?”

“Tada!” Tiffany flashes the box in front of Taeyeon.

“Civil War?! I thought the DVD isn’t out yet!”

“My sister shipped it to me.” Tiffany grins. “Though I’m sure this hardcore Iron Man fan would’ve watched it already.”

“I haven’t, as a matter of fact.”

“Am I hearing things? Iron Man fan has yet to watch an Iron Man movie?”

“I wanted to, but Iron Man movies are just not the same anymore, you know?”

“What do you mean?”

“I think I subconsciously associated them with you so I may have been waiting to watch it with you.”

Tiffany blushes slightly.

“So nope, I have yet to watch that one. Great choice. I’m going to get the popcorn ready.” Taeyeon goes to the bag of things they bought earlier. “I’m so excited for Iron Man Oppa!”

“Iron Man or me?”

“Don’t ask such questions. That’s like asking you to pick between your father and your mother. It’s impossible.”

“So my ranking in your heart is the same as Iron Man’s?” Tiffany shakes her head. “I’m ranked the same as a movie character.”

“At least you have something that Iron Man doesn’t have,” Taeyeon shouts from the kitchen.

“What?”

“Me.”

“Oh God.” Tiffany curls her fingers. “I am cringing so badly.”

“Fact, Fany. Fact.”

“Stop being so cheesy.”

“But you like it!”

“I don’t.”

“You do, admit it.”

“I will never.”

“Fine.” Taeyeon returns to the living room with a bowl of popcorn. “But to me, you like it.”

“Shut up and sit down. I’m pressing play.”

“So fierce. Iron Man will never boss me around.”

“I’m going to take out the disc.”

“No!” Taeyeon snatches the remote control from Tiffany. “I’ll remain quiet.”

The movie plays and they go into silence.

The first scene with Tony Stark comes on and Tiffany hears a faint gasp from the girl beside her. She chuckles to herself when she remembers the first time they watched Iron Man together. Feels like déjà vu. Except now I’m hearing it live.

The action scene with Captain America and Iron Man starts and Tiffany sees Taeyeon grabbing the cushion on her lap tightly while being totally immersed.

“Yes! Take that!” Taeyeon cheers when Iron Man manages to land a hit on Captain America.

Tiffany can’t help but laugh. You’re behaving exactly how I imagined you to behave.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Because of you.”

“Me? What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me!”

“When I saw the poster for this movie at the cinema, I imagined you gloating over Iron Man hitting Captain America and you’re doing exactly that right now.”

“You know me too well.”

“Only when it comes to Iron Man.”

“Good enough.”

They fall back into silence, focusing on the movie.

===

“That was good.” Taeyeon sighs in content.

“It was.” Tiffany sits up. “Your turn now. What did you pick?”

“I picked…” Taeyeon rummages through her bag and takes out her movie. “This.”

“Goblet of Fire?!”

“Yes. It’s my favorite of the series.”

“No way.”

“Yes way.”

“It’s my favorite too.”

“Are you serious?”

“Very,” Tiffany says. “We match so well sometimes that it’s actually scary.”

“Must be why we’re soulmates though.” Taeyeon beams. “Do you want it now or eat first?”

“Food please. I’m kinda hungry.”

“Food it is. What do you want?”

“I’m craving for kimchi fried rice.”

Taeyeon nods and goes to the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asks as she trails after Taeyeon.

“Checking for ingredients.” Taeyeon opens the refrigerator. “You have them. Amazing.”

“Don’t make it sound like I never cook.”

“You have microwavable rice. I have every reason to suspect that.”

“That’s just for convenience’s sake!”

“Fine. Do you cook?”

“Not often but I do cook.”

“Well, that’s fine because I can do that for you from now on.”

It was a nonchalant statement from Taeyeon but Tiffany finds her cheeks getting warmer. How do you keep doing this to me?!

“Go outside. It won’t take long.”

“Are you sure you don’t need help?”

Taeyeon shakes her head. “Go. Shoo.”

“Great, now I’m getting shooed out of my own kitchen.”

Taeyeon laughs before going back to what she was doing and quickly prepares their dinner.

===

“It looks really appetizing.”

“Hopefully it will taste as good. Try it.”

Tiffany scoops herself a spoonful of fried rice. She starts frowning as she chews. This taste…

“Not good?” Taeyeon asks when she sees the unreadable expression.

“This tastes awfully familiar,” Tiffany says after swallowing. “Ah! It tastes like Hojoon Oppa’s.”

“Hojoon Oppa?”

Tiffany nods. “There was once I tweeted about wanting kimchi fried rice and he came to campus with it.”

“Oh,” Taeyeon chuckles. “That.”

“Why? What about it?”

“There’s something I have to tell you.”

“Hmm?”

“I lied to you, I’m sorry.”

“What lie?”

“That wasn’t from Hojoon Oppa. I made that.”

“Y-you?!”

“Yeah. I saw your tweet and decided to make it. I gave it to Hojoon Oppa and told him not to tell you.”

“I don’t believe it…” Tiffany shakes her head. “I thought it was really him and that made me flutter. That was when I thought things could actually go back to how it was like before.”

“Sorry.” Taeyeon smiles.

“Just how many more secrets are you keeping from me?”

“No more. I actually didn’t remember the kimchi fried rice one until you mentioned it.”

“Are you sure there are no more lies?”

“Not that I can think of. I’ll tell you if I remember any.”

“You better.”

“Eat.” Taeyeon pushes the plate towards Tiffany.

“Thanks, Taeyeon-ah.”

“You’re welcome.”

===

“I actually have something I’m curious about.”

 “What is it?”

“Have you ever dated a girl?”

Tiffany lifts her head off Taeyeon’s shoulder and looks at the latter with an amused expression. “What kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter