Chapter Sixteen (Final)

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hojoon stares at Taeyeon like the girl came from another universe.

“What?”

Taeyeon exhales another deep breath and boosts her courage to meet Hojoon’s eyes.

“The person you’re looking for. It’s me.”

“Do I look like I’m joking about this?”

“You don’t,” Taeyeon states matter-of-factly. “And I’m not too.”

“I’m in no mood of jokes, Taeng.”

“I know, and I’m being just as serious.”

“You’re a girl.”

“So?”

“So it’s impossible!” Hojoon exclaims. “There’s no way Fany will like you. She’s straight as hell. She’s not like you. She won’t be like you.”

“I never knew you had so much issues with me being gay, Oppa.” Taeyeon has to use all her might to not roll her eyes right there and then. “Maybe this is why Fany decided to break up with you. Because you’re just another insensitive and shallow-minded .”

“What did you say?” Hojoon raises his voice, garnering everyone’s attention in the class. “Say that one more time!”

“I know you heard me and I’m not going to argue with you right now,” Taeyeon remains cool, ignoring the glances that people are giving the both of them now. “We can talk after class, Oppa. Just not now.”

“Why? Because you’re scared?”

“Because the lecturer is going to walk in any minute and I don’t want to make a scene just like what you did in Fany and Jessica’s classes.”

“Me? Making a scene?” Hojoon slams his hand on the table, making people sitting in front of him flinch. “I’m just trying to find the bastard who Fany cheated with on me.”

“And now you know who the person is, can you please stop shouting? People are looking.”

“Are you afraid of what people would think of what you did to me, Kim Taeyeon? You should’ve been afraid when you decided to snatch my girlfriend.”

“I’m just saving your face, Oppa,” Taeyeon sighs. “Seriously, can we talk after class? I know we have a lot to talk about and now’s not the time.”

Hojoon was about to retort but their lecturer walks into the class at that moment. He clenches his fist.

“Fine.”

===

“I’ll have to cancel lunch, sorry. I’ll meet you after school instead. You end at 4 right? I’ll wait for you in the library.”

Tiffany frowns slightly at the text message she has just received from Taeyeon. She has a bad feeling about it.

“Did something happen?”

She taps her pen on her chin anxiously while waiting for a reply. It comes three minutes later.

“Nothing much, don’t worry.”

“Then why are you canceling lunch?”

“Hojoon Oppa and I are going to talk it out.”

Tiffany throws her pen on the table carelessly before speed-typing a message.

“What? You told him?”

“Yes. We have to do it sooner or later anyway and since he asked, I might as well.”

“He is furious right now and there’s no way to know what he will do so don’t meet him alone. I’ll come look for you. We can explain it together.”

“No, don’t come. I’ll talk to him. I don’t know what he will do if he sees you and I’m not letting him grab you again. I’m the protector, remember?”

“This is not the time to play protection, Tae. It’s all because of me so let me tell him face-to-face.”

“There’s no room for discussion. Pay attention to your lecturer and I’ll see you after school, okay? And remember not to skip lunch.”

“Taeyeon…”

Tiffany knows that Taeyeon has left the chat application when she sees the message being left unread for the next five minutes. She runs her hand in her hair roughly in frustration.

===

“Can we do this somewhere else?” Taeyeon turns behind and asks. “You don’t have classes anymore right?”

“Why can’t we just speak here? Afraid of letting people know?”

“No, I just thought we can find somewhere, sit down and talk nicely without shouting at each other.” And to not let Fany find us.

“You know this can’t be a nice talk, Kim Taeyeon.”

“We can try.”

“It’s not going to work.”

“Then just take it as I want to treat you to some coffee. Please?”

“Treating me coffee after snatching my girlfriend?” Hojoon scoffs. “You sure know how to gain yourself a profit.”

“That’s not what I m–”

“Whatever. Let’s go.”

Taeyeon sighs and follows the guy. At least we’re going somewhere else.

===

Why is class overrunning today out of all days?

Tiffany mutters a curse under her breath. Her things are already kept in her bag, ready for her to run. Her eyes are fixed on the hands of the clock as they move as she gets more and more impatient.

Oh come on.

“Alright then, I’ll see you guys next week.”

Finally.

She bolts out of her tutorial room the moment class ends.

Please be there. Please be there. Please be there.

She heads for the building where Taeyeon is supposed to be at for her class.

Her eyes start sweeping her surroundings and every corner on the level, making sure not to miss anywhere, but she doesn’t see Taeyeon. She checks her phone for the time and almost cusses out loud.

She is ten minutes late and Taeyeon is nowhere to be seen.

She lets out an exasperated sigh.

Goddammit.

She heads to the cafeteria, in hopes of seeing the girl she has been looking for.

Spotting Sunny and Sooyoung, she goes over to the table immediately.

“Hey, have you seen Taeyeon?”

“Taeng? No. Aren’t you guys having lunch together?”

“We were supposed to, but Taeyeon told Hojoon Oppa about us.”

“She what?!” Sooyoung exclaims a bit too loudly. “Why did Taeng do that when Hojoon Oppa is raging?”

“How did you know?” Tiffany raises her brows. “Did he go to your class too?”

Sooyoung only nods.

“And mine too.”

“Oh no…” Tiffany mumbles, getting worried.

“I’m sure Hojoon Oppa wouldn’t do anything to Taeng. They’re good friends, remember?” Sunny tries to comfort Tiffany. “She’ll be fine.”

“I hope so,” Tiffany sighs. “Can you please let me know if she contacts you?”

“Will do.”

“Thank you.”

===

Taeyeon reaches the café but decides to swerve away instead, just in case Hojoon loses his temper and the last thing she would want is to be the center of attention again like what happened in class this morning.

“Where the hell are you going?”

“Change of venue,” Taeyeon answers flatly.

“You said to go to a café and I agreed but now you’re changing it all of a sudden? Who do you think you are?”

Taeyeon says nothing and continues driving until they reach a quieter street. She pulls over and gets out of her car.

Hojoon follows suit.

“Go on,” Taeyeon leans against a wall. “Shout at me for all you want.”

“What the hell are you doing?”

“Letting you shout. Isn’t that what you wanted to do back in class?”

The fist-clenching did not go unnoticed to Taeyeon.

“You can punch me too if it makes you feel better,” she adds. “Whatever you need to do for you to relieve your anger, do it. I won’t dodge so go ahead.”

“Don’t act all great and mighty in front of me.”

“I’m not. I’m being very serious and sincere, Oppa,” Taeyeon walks towards Hojoon. “Although I’m not in the wrong here, I’ll let you do whatever you want as long as you can let it go.”

“You’re not in a wrong here?” Hojoon looks at Taeyeon in disbelief. “You freaking snatched my girlfriend.”

“You guys br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter