Chapter Two

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: School and an upcoming assignment have been a pain in the but I finally got time off to post this chapter. Enjoy and hope you're liking how the story is developing!

===

Tiffany walks through the crowd without lifting her head up even for a second. All she can think of is the person she is going to meet in a few minutes’ time.

Three minutes.

“Seriously Tiff, you’re going to run into someone at this state.”

“But I can’t look up now. I’m left with less than three minutes.”

“Exactly. You still have more than two minutes so look up and walk properly!”

Tiffany exhales deeply and looks up from her wrist. “Fine.”

It wasn’t long until Tiffany goes back to staring at her wrist nervously.

Two minutes.

“Jess, I think I’m going to pass out.”

“Well, you better not because I’m not going to be there to save you.”

“What? Why?!”

“Because I just reached my building. Stop staring at the countdown timer and look at your surrounding instead.”

“Oh.” Tiffany looks around. “Right.”

“Don’t knock into someone please?”

“I’ll try.”

“I’ll see you after class then.”

“See you too.”

Tiffany continues walking towards the design building while counting down in her heart along with the timer on her wrist.

10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1.

“Ah!” She exclaims as she walks into someone, resulting in her on the ground with her designs all over the floor. Dammit. I should’ve listened to Jessica.

“Let me help.”

She hears a voice – a man’s voice – and the next thing she sees is a man collecting the papers that fell out of her folder. She feels her heartbeat increasing as she watches.

Is it you? Are you my soulmate?

The man retrieves every single piece of paper and puts them together back into the folder before returning it to Tiffany along with a smile.

H-handsome.

She sees the man extending his arm.

“Let me help you up.”

Tiffany takes his hand shyly, accepting his help.

“Are you hurt anywhere?”

“N-no. I’m okay. Thank you for your help…”

“Hojoon.”

Hojoon. “Thank you for your help, Hojoon.” Tiffany smiles, cheeks turning slightly pink unconsciously. “And I’m Tiffany. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, Tiffany.”

Your smile is kinda charming.

 “Tiff!”

Tiffany turns behind when she hears the familiar voice calling out to her.

“Jess?”

“Are you alright? I saw you on the ground. You knocked into someone, didn’t you? What did I tell you? I knew this would happen!”

“Calm down. I’m fine, see?” Tiffany says. “Why are you here anyway? I thought you’re supposed to be in class.”

“Class got cancelled because the lecturer is on sick leave. I thought of checking up on you just in case something happens and I’m right. Something did happen.”

“Relax, Jess. I’m fine.”

Jessica turns to Hojoon and Taeyeon. “Thanks for your help. My friend’s really clumsy.”

“Hey!”

“No worries.” Hojoon laughs. “Being able to help such a pretty girl is my luck, don’t you think?”

The pink found its way to Tiffany’s cheeks again after hearing what Hojoon said. Calm down, Tiffany Hwang!

Jessica smirks inwardly. She then notices the quiet girl in front of her who is staring intensely at her friend.

“Uh… Is your friend alright?”

“I think she is.” Hojoon nudges Taeyeon.

Taeyeon flinches and immediately stops staring at Tiffany. “Yes?”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah!” Taeyeon exclaims a bit too loudly. “Yeah I’m fine. Of course.”

“I’m Hojoon,” Hojoon introduces himself again to Jessica. “And this is my friend, Taeyeon.”

“Nice to meet you, Taeyeon.” Tiffany smiles.

Taeyeon’s mind goes blank after seeing the smile again. I know it has only been five minutes since we met but I think your smile is my favorite smile on earth now. Hands down the prettiest one I’ve seen in my whole twenty years of life.

“N-nice to meet you too.”

“Well, it’s nice meeting the both of you but we better get going.” Jessica hooks Tiffany’s arm. “You have class, remember?”

“Right. I do.”

“Before you go,” Hojoon digs into his pocket and retrieves the device sitting in it. “Is it okay if I asked you for your number?”

“Fast and furious, aren’t we?” Jessica whispers to Tiffany, earning her a shove from her friend’s elbow.

“I usually don’t do this but…” Hojoon smiles and scratches his neck out of embarrassment. “There’s a first to everything, I guess.”

“Sure.” Tiffany takes the gadget from him and punches her number in before saving it as a new contact. “Here.”

“Thanks, Tiffany. Hope this wouldn’t be the last time I’m seeing you.”

“I-I hope so too.”

“See you then, Tiffany. Have fun in class.”

“See you too.”

Tiffany allows herself to get pulled away by her friend, mind still digesting everything that has just happened. Did that really happen? She stifles a smile. I think you’re really my soulmate, Hojoon.

===

“Taeyeon, can you pinch me?”

“What?”

“Is this real? Did I manage to get her number for real?”

Taeyeon tries to sound as nonchalant as possible. “Yes.” Although I wish it was me who got your number, Tiffany.

“Holy crap. This timer thing is probably really for love.”

“What do you mean?”

“My parents told me that their timer stopped when they met each other so maybe it’s really a countdown to meeting that someone in your life.”

Omma said she finished counting down to hers. She said I’m going to meet someone. Someone important. Taeyeon looks at her timer which is now at zero. Is it really love? Is this a countdown to meeting my soulmate? She then realizes the predicament she is in. But my soulmate is Hojoon Oppa’s soulmate too. She then recalls her mother’s words. There can be exceptions. So I am one of the exceptions now? Because I’ll never have my soulmate? Great. Just great.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

“I can’t believe Tiffany is my someone.”

Taeyeon lets out a sad chuckle internally. I can’t believe how we have to share the same person too, Oppa.

“Congrats on meeting the one.”

“Yours is at zero now too right?”

Taeyeon nods.

“Maybe Jessica’s the one for you.” Hojoon elbows Taeyeon playfully as they continued walking towards the library. “She’s pretty too.”

“Maybe.”

“You should’ve asked her for her number. Do you want me to ask Tiffany for it?”

“No, it’s fine. If she really is that someone, I believe that wouldn’t be the last time we’ll meet.”

“True.” Hojoon heaves a contented sigh. “I still can’t believe it.”

“I think I’m gonna head home instead, Oppa.”

“Why so sudden?”

Taeyeon shrugs. “I think the lack of sleep finally caught u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter