Chapter Five

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I am so sorry for the long time taken to update. I know I said I'd try to upload this chapter asap last week but it has been one busy week filled with studying since my exams are coming in a few days' time... The next update can only be done after I finish all of my exams (last one on the 16th) so see you guys in a week's time!

***

Tiffany and Jessica are walking down the stairs when Jessica notices Hojoon who is seemingly waiting not very far from the steps.

“You’re meeting Hojoon Oppa?”

“How did you know?”

Jessica signals to Hojoon with her chin as they reach the ground floor.

“Oppa?”

“Hey.” Hojoon smiles, circles his arm around Tiffany’s waist, bringing the girl closer and places a kiss on her forehead. “Hey Jessica.”

“Hi but remind me not to bump into you two ever again because that is something I wouldn’t want to see for a second time.”

“Shut up, Jess.” Tiffany shoves Jessica’s shoulder lightly. She then turns to Hojoon. “Why are you here? I thought we’re meeting at the car park.”

“Because I wanted to see you sooner.”

“God,” Jessica says with a grimaced face. “Remind me not to bump into you two ever again because that is something I wouldn’t want to hear for a second time either.”

“Sorry,” Hojoon chuckles. “I couldn’t help it.”

“Lovebirds.” Jessica shakes her head.

“You’re done with class today right?” Tiffany asks her best friend. “Do you want to join us for dinner?”

“And puke everything out while watching you two? No thank you.”

“It’s not that bad.”

“It is that bad. Besides, I don’t wanna play gooseberry.”

“Okay then. See you tomorrow.”

“See ya.”

Jessica walks away from the two and Hojoon takes Tiffany’s hand, interlocking their fingers as they walk to the car park.

===

“What are you doing?”

Taeyeon jumps in surprise when she hears the voice behind her.

“Jesus, Soo! Don’t scare me like this!”

“It’s your fault for being too engrossed in whatever you were doing. What were you looking at anyway?”

“Nothing.”

Sooyoung then notices the familiar-looking couple who are walking towards the exit of the building.

“Oh. Tiffany and Hojoon Oppa.”

Taeyeon starts walking without replying Sooyoung. The latter chases after Taeyeon.

“Are you okay?”

“Perfect.”

“Sure?”

“Positive.”

“Why didn’t you go up and say hi then?”

Taeyeon remains silent as she continues walking.

“Taeng.”

“What?”

Sooyoung sighs. “Sometimes I wish I could go up to Tiffany and tell her everything for you.”

“Don’t you dare.”

“I wouldn’t.”

“And you better make sure of that.”

“I just want you to be happy.”

“I am happy.”

“You know what I mean.”

“And I’m telling you that I am. I am happy just being able to talk and hang out with her.”

“I know you want more than just that.”

“Humans can’t have it all, can they? It’s okay. I’ll just take it as another one of those unrequited crushes I’ve had. Maybe I’ll get over her soon, who knows?”

“But she’s different, isn’t she?”

Taeyeon wants to say no but she can’t.

“I don’t think you’re going to get over your destined soulmate just like this,” Sooyoung continues.

“It’s not like I have a choice now, is there?” Taeyeon stops at the door. “Dinner?”

“You know I’ll never say no to food.”

“Let’s go then.”

Sooyoung follows Taeyeon to the latter’s car and doesn’t bring up the topic again for that evening.

===

Tiffany buckles her seatbelt while Hojoon starts his car’s engine.

“What would you like to have for dinner?”

“I’m kinda craving for Chinese.”

“Ah. I was hoping you would say Japanese.”

“Why?”

“I’m craving Japanese. There’s this restaurant that has really good unagi. You like unagi right?”

“Yes I do and Japanese’s fine too.”

Hojoon holds Tiffany with his free hand while driving. He kisses her hand. “You’re the best.”

Tiffany only smiles before she looks out the window. I’ll probably be choosing the menu again if it was a dinner with Taeyeon, right? She chuckles to herself. Funny how they’re such good friends yet so different when it comes to small things like this.

===

She slumps down into her couch after taking a shower. She switches on the television and browses through the channels, trying to find something to watch. She stops when she sees a movie that is showing on one of the channels. This reminds me of you. She takes a shot of the television screen with her phone and sends it to the person. A reply comes shortly after.

“Iron Man!! Is it showing on cable?”

“Yes and it reminded me of you. I think they’re doing an Iron Man marathon tonight actually.”

“Dammit. I wish I have cable in the dorm.”

“Don’t you?”

“Well, we do but it’s all the way down at the lounge which is on the first level.”

“Let me guess. Someone is too lazy to go down even if it’s just taking the elevator.”

“Ding dong deng. No prize for you though.”

“Why? I deserve a prize for getting the correct answer.”

“Because it’s something you should know by now.”

“So I have to know everything about you now?”

“Yes.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I’m your friend and you need to know your friends well, Fany. Why are you watching TV at 2 in the morning anyway? No classes tomorrow?”

“Morning class, in fact, but I can’t sleep. And speak for yourself. Why are you not asleep too?”

“I was about to until you texted.”

“Whoops, sorry. Go to bed.”

“You should too. Do you have milk in your fridge?”

“I think so. Why the sudden question?”

Taeyeon calls Tiffany instead.

“What’s with the sudden call again?”

“Stand up.”

“What?”

“Stand up.”

Tiffany finds it strange but does as told.

“I’m standing.”

“Now walk to your fridge.”

“What are you doing, Taeyeon?”

“Walk to your fridge.”

Tiffany follows Taeyeon’s instruction.

“I’m here.”

“Open it up.”

“What?”

“Open the fridge.”

“Okay? Now what?”

“Take out the milk.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes. Take it out.”

“And?”

“Get a glass and pour yourself a glass of milk.”

“Do I really have to do that?”

“Yes. Quick.”

“Fine.” Tiffany grabs a glass and pours the milk into it. “Now what?”

“Put the glass in the microwave and warm it for 30 seconds.”

“Do I have to?”

“It’s an order. And don’t try to lie to me because I’m going to hear the ding.”

“You know I can just end the call right now right?”

“Do it!”

“Fine, fine! What a dictator.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter