Chapter Six

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello ^^ Thank you for your patience. Now that my exams are out of the way, hopefully I'll be able to give you readers speedier updates. Here's chapter 6, hope you like it!

===

“Hi.”

“Hi. What’s up?”

“I’m bored.”

Taeyeon chuckles to herself when she sees the reply.

“Find something to do.”

“I’m trying to.”

“Watch Iron Man.”

“I literally just watched it the week before, remember? With you?”

“I do, but you can always watch it again.”

“I’m going to get sick of him if I watch him that frequently.”

“You did not just say that, Hwang Miyoung.”

Tiffany sends a playful emoji before sending another text.

“What are you doing?”

“About to go out.”

“Where? Alone?”

“Art gallery. Are you interested?”

“Art gallery? I should’ve known you were an artsy person. Alone?”

“Yeah, alone.”

“Would you mind if I join you or do you want some lone time?”

“I could use some company. I’ll meet you at your place in an hour?”

“I can drive there myself, Taeyeon-ah.”

“Just take it as a form of thanks for accompanying me and I won’t take no as an answer so see you in an hour!”

===

“That was a great exhibition.”

“I know, right? I’m glad you liked it. The artist is one of my favorites.”

“Thanks for letting me join you.”

“Thank you. My friends don’t know how to appreciate these things so I usually visit them alone.”

“Well, now you know you can call me along.”

“I’ll definitely remember that. I never expected you to like art exhibitions.”

“I like them because I find it interesting how the paintings can portray so much emotions. It’s like they speak to you and you can actually relate to them just by looking at it, you know?”

“I perfectly understand.” And one more reason why you’re definitely my soulmate. “This is the first time I’ve met someone who clicks with me this well.”

“Same, actually. I don’t think I’ve ever befriended someone this quickly before.”

“What made you want to make friends with me when we met the first time? At the café?”

“I don’t know. I just felt strangely comfortable with you.” Tiffany then chuckles. “I’m sounding really creepy huh?”

Taeyeon shakes her head. “I appreciate the frankness.”

“You? What made you want to be friends with me?”

Because you’re my soulmate. “Because you’re the first person that laughed at a joke I was trying to crack.”

“Just that?”

“I’m kidding. I mean, you looked like a nice person so why not right?” Taeyeon smiles. “And I’ve made the right choice. It’s like you’re my soulmate.”

“S-soulmate?”

“Well, I know your soulmate is Hojoon Oppa.” Dammit, Taeyeon. Why did you have to say that? “I’m only saying that because you and I have lots of things in common and all. Don’t get me wrong.”

“No, I don’t mean it in a bad way.” Tiffany quickly states. “You said you have a couple of years left till you meet your real soulmate right?”

Taeyeon unconsciously puts her hand in her pocket even when her countdown timer is covered by her watch. “Yeah.”

“Are you excited?”

“Not really.” I wish I could go back to not knowing, to be honest. Having to live knowing your soulmate can’t be yours is hard. “It’s still too early, I think.”

“True.”

“Do you want want me to send you home or are you up for dinner?”

“Dinner please. I have no plans tonight.”

“Okay. You pick.”

“Me again? Do you seriously not crave for anything?”

“Not now so you get to choose again.”

“Sometimes I feel like you’re lying to me.”

Taeyeon holds her breath. I’m not exposed, am I? “W-what?”

“I’m just joking. You’re probably just too lazy to pick.” Right?

Taeyeon heaves a silent sigh of relief. Guess not. “I hate it how you know me so well.”

Tiffany only chuckles.

===

“Wow,” Tiffany exclaims as she looks at the view in front of her. “Beautiful.”

“It’s nothing compared to you.”

“Ah, Oppa!” Tiffany hits Hojoon’s arm lightly. “Stop being cheesy.”

“But you like it.”

“I don’t.”

“You secretly do and I know it.”

“I’m not going to win this conversation, am I?”

“Nope, because you know what I said is true.” Hojoon grins. “Admit it.”

“Hmph.”

Tiffany walks away from Hojoon, getting closer to the sea. She stops before where the tide rests, not wanting her shoes to get wet, and stares at the sunset. It has been awhile since I last saw one. She then feels a pair of arms snaking her waist from the back and smiles. This is the kind of date I like.

“You like what you see?”

Tiffany nods. “Thank you, Oppa.”

“My pleasure.”

Hojoon kisses Tiffany’s temple before putting his head on her shoulder again.

Tiffany leans against him, enjoying both the company and the sight. Looking at the sea somehow reminds her of one of the art pieces she saw at the exhibition with Taeyeon the other day. It was a black and white painting of a gloomy person at the beach and Tiffany remembered it in particular because of the sad emotions it evoked and also because of how sad Taeyeon looked when the latter was looking at it. Did you relate to that painting, Taeyeon-ah? Are you sad? I’ve never seen you looking that sad before because you always look so happy. Is there something you’re hiding in your heart? She looks at the view before her. I wish I could show you this view. I wish I could show you a pretty beach instead of a melancholic one. She can imagine Taeyeon’s smile while looking at this sunset – the cute smile she has grown to love seeing. And I would paint you in color so that you can remember the happy thoughts when you see a beach instead of getting reminded of the one we saw at the exhibition. She then frowns at her own thought. What was that that I just thought of?

The sun has already set when Tiffany snaps back into reality. I need to leave before I start overthinking again.

“Shall we go?”

“We can stay for a little more if you want to.”

Tiffany shakes her head. “I’m hungry.”

“Okay then.” Hojoon takes her hand. “Let’s go.”

===

Taeyeon huffs as she switches positions on her bed, turning to lie on her stomach instead.

I’m so bored.

She stretches her hand from where she is to take the device lying on top of the side table. She then taps on the blue icon and scrolls her timeline.

Seems like everyone is just as bored as I am.

A tweet catches her eye.

“Been so long since I last saw a sunset. Thank you for bringing me here, Oppa.”

She then taps to get a bigger view of the photo. It is a photo of Tiffany and Hojoon hugging against the sunset and Hojoon is kissing Tiffany’s forehead. She feels a squeeze in her heart.

Beaches are really a sad thing to look at huh? Just like that painting at the exhibition.

She zooms into Tiffany.

You look happy.

She sighs and taps the ‘x’ on the top right hand corner of the screen.

At least you’re happy.

===

“I saw your photo.”

“Hmm?” Tiffany looks up from her lunch.

“The one you and Hojoon Oppa took at the beach.”

“Oh.” Tiffany’s cheeks turn slightly pink at the mention of that photo because of their poses.

“Sweet.”

“Thanks.”

“Which beach did you guys go to?”

“Haeundae.”

“That’s far. Oppa d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter