Chapter Twelve

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So sorry for the super late update... I've been really busy with work these days that I barely have spare time x_x But I'm here and my work is ending really soon so hopefully updates will be quicker after this week. Just a few chapters to go before we say goodbye >< 

P/S: Does any of my readers happen to watch Pretty Little Liars? Because if you do, try finding the part in this chapter that was inspired by the show ^^

***

“Hello? Fany?”

“Hi, am I speaking to a Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon frowns when she hears a man instead. “Yes, and you are?”

“I’m a bartender at the pub your friend is at right now and you might want to come pick her up…”

“A pub? What happened?”

“Your friend drank too much and I don’t think she can go back on her own. We’re about to close so I have no choice but to call one of her friends.”

“I see. Where is it at? I’ll come right over.”

===

“Fany-ah!” Taeyeon shouts and runs towards the girl who is resting her head on the bar counter.

“Are you Taeyeon? The one I called earlier?”

“Ah, yes. Thank you for calling. How much did she drink?”

“I can’t remember exactly but definitely a lot more than a normal girl’s capacity. Her alcohol tolerance must be amazing to be able to drink this much.”

“And why did you call me?”

“She kept mumbling the name Taeyeon so that was the first person I tried to call.”

“She kept mumbling my name?”

“Yes. I’m really sorry to do this right now but she has yet to pay…”

“No worries.” Taeyeon hands the bartender her card. “I’ll get her bill.”

“Thank you.” The bartender takes it and bows slightly. “I’ll be right back.”

“Why did you drink so much?” Taeyeon asks as she helps Tiffany up.

“Oh?” Tiffany squeezes Taeyeon’s cheeks with her palms and squints her eyes. “Taeyeon?”

“Yes, it’s me.” Taeyeon removes Tiffany’s hands. “Why did you drink so much?”

Tiffany only shrugs.

The bartender comes back with Taeyeon’s card. Taeyeon thanks him again before helping Tiffany out of the pub.

===

Tiffany throws herself on the couch the moment she catches sight of it, feeing very lightheaded. Taeyeon goes to the kitchen to retrieve a glass of water.

She comes back out and sees Tiffany staring into space.

“Here.” Taeyeon hands Tiffany the glass. “You’ll probably feel better after drinking some.”

“Thanks.”

“Did something happen?”

“I broke up with Hojoon Oppa.”

“What?” Taeyeon asks, taken aback. “Why?”

“I like someone else.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen even more. You do? “When did it happen?”

“What?”

“The breakup.”

“Just.”

“Oh.”

The both of them sit in silence for the next minute. The confession from Tiffany is still bugging her. She likes someone else? Who?

“Who?” Taeyeon says her thought out loud before she realizes.

“Huh?”

“You said you like someone else?”

“I do.” Tiffany chuckles to herself. “I do…”

“Who?”

Tiffany doesn’t answer. “Taeyeon-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Do you think that person will like me too?”

“I… don’t know?” Taeyeon isn’t sure how to reply. “I guess?”

“Why do you think the person will like me?”

“Well, you’re pretty… Nice… Caring… Smart… Adorable…” Taeyeon smiles to herself as she lists the traits she likes about Tiffany. “And you have that cute eyesmile…”

“I’m not that good, Taeyeon-ah…” Tiffany sighs. “I like someone else even when I’m attached… I’m a bad person…”

“Just because you like someone you shouldn’t like doesn’t make you a bad person.”

Tiffany turns to Taeyeon and Taeyeon does the same.

“You can’t stop your heart from liking someone, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany feels her stomach twisting at the sincere look on Taeyeon’s face.

“Have you ever liked someone you shouldn’t like?”

“I have.”

“And what did you do about it?”

“Nothing.”

“Why?”

“Because that someone isn’t available.”

“Is that why you’re sad? Like the painting?”

Taeyeon smiles sadly.

Tiffany sees the sad look behind Taeyeon’s eyes and grows inexplicably sad as well.

“Taeyeon-ah…”

Is it because of the alcohol effect? Tiffany isn’t sure, but all she wants to do is to kiss Taeyeon right there and then.

And the next thing she knows, her lips are on Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon pulls back in shock.

“Fany, don’t do this.”

“Tae…”

“Don’t.” Taeyeon holds Tiffany by her shoulders, keeping a distance between them. “You’re just vulnerable after the breakup with Hojoon Oppa.”

“It’s not that.” Tiffany cups one side of Taeyeon’s face. “I promise.”

Taeyeon sees Tiffany leaning in slowly again. She swallows when she feels Tiffany’s soft pair of lips on hers again. So this is how your lips feel like. She grabs the side of the couch tightly, shivering at the sensation. I’ve never felt like this before.

Tiffany pulls back when Taeyeon doesn’t react to the kiss. So you don’t like me the same way huh?

“I’m sorry.”

“H-huh?” Taeyeon stutters as she tries to calm her pounding heart. She is secretly glad that the room is dark because she is very sure that her cheeks are bright red now.

“You should go.” Tiffany stands up wobbly. “Thanks for sending me back.”

“N-no problem.” Taeyeon holds Tiffany by her arms when she sees the latter being unstable. “Are you sure you’ll be alright alone?”

Tiffany nods and removes Taeyeon’s hands gently. “Lock the door for me?”

“Will do.”

Taeyeon watches Tiffany sway her way back to her bedroom while holding onto the wall for support and only leaves when the bedroom door is closed.

===

Taeyeon parks her car and sighs. Everything that happened at Tiffany’s house earlier is still replaying in her mind. She decides to take a walk around the vicinity before heading back.

She broke up with Hojoon Oppa because she likes someone else? Why so sudden? Why didn’t she tell me about it before? Did it happen only recently?

She makes a turn at the corner of the street.

Sounds like she hasn’t confessed to the person she likes. Who is it? And the kiss… Why did she kiss me out of the blue? Was it because she was seeking comfort from someone since she just broke up?

She touches her lips by reflex, still feeling the tingling sensation from before.

But she said it’s not because she’s vulnerable. Then what is she doing? Why is she kissing me when has someone else that she likes? For fun? Out of curiosity?  

It starts raining all of a sudden but Taeyeon can’t care less. She continues walking, deep in her thoughts.

But the kiss… It’s nothing like what I’ve felt before. It feels… amazing. Is this how it’s like to kiss your soulmate?

She chuckles sadly when she realizes that that was the first and probably the last time she can feel Tiffany’s lips.

At least I’ve felt it once in my life. It’s a pleasant surprise since I never thought I could feel it, right?

She pulls her jacket tighter, starting to feel th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter