Chapter Fifteen

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon exhales deeply, regulating her breathing.

“Relax,” Tiffany says and places her hand over Taeyeon’s joint ones. “It’s not like you haven’t met Jessica before.”

“Not as your girlfriend.”

Tiffany starts chuckling to herself.

“Why are you laughing at me being nervous?” Taeyeon pouts. “Meanie.”

“Nah, I’m not laughing at you.”

“Then?”

“I just liked the sound of that.”

“Sound of what?”

“Girlfriend.”

A slight hue of pink finds it way to Taeyeon’s cheeks. “O-oh.”

“Jessica doesn’t bite.”

“But what if she doesn’t approve of me?”

“Does it matter?” Tiffany turns to Taeyeon. “I approve of you very much.”

“But she’s your best friend and you’re not going to fall out with her if she doesn’t, are you?”

“Of course not.”

“Then? What if you have to pick a side?”

“I’m sure I don’t have to.”

“Why? What makes you so sure?”

“Because she’s not going to disapprove the one that makes me happy,” Tiffany smiles. “Now now, where did the confident Kim Taeyeon go?”

“They say that friends are scarier than parents.”

“She’s going to like you, don’t worry.”

The door opens and they spot Jessica.

Taeyeon sits up straight right away as Tiffany calls the girl who has just entered the café.

“Hi,” Jessica sits across the couple. “What’s up? You guys made up?”

“Yeah,” Tiffany beams. “Last week.”

“No wonder you’ve been sounding a lot cheerier in your messages. You finally talked to her about it?”

Tiffany nods.

“And I’m guessing it worked out since the both of you are here?”

Tiffany nods again but with a smile this time.

“Congrats. I thought I wouldn’t live to see this day coming.”

“Don’t exaggerate.”

“What? You took an awful long time,” Jessica exclaims. She notices the tensed Taeyeon at the side. “Are you okay, Taeyeon?”

“I promise to take good care of her!” Taeyeon blurts.

“What?” Jessica laughs. “What did you say?”

“I said I promise I’ll take care of Tiffany…” Taeyeon’s voice gets softer gradually.

“What am I, your mom?” Jessica asks Tiffany as she holds on to her stomach, still in a laughing fit.

“Stop laughing, Jess. She’s being really serious.”

“But it’s too funny!” Jessica wipes the tears from the corner of her eyes and stifles her laughter.

“I really will,” Taeyeon speaks again, with a more genuine tone.

“Calm down, Taeyeon. I’m not the kind of scary friend who breaks people up just because I’m not satisfied with them. I believe Tiffany knows who is best for her,” Jessica says. “Besides, I can tell how much you care for her. I mean, her birthday present? I can totally tell.”

Taeyeon cracks a small smile. “T-thank you.”

“Wait, what happened with Hojoon Oppa though?”

“We broke up about two weeks ago.”

“So it’s true that there can be exceptions even for destined soulmates? Yikes,” Jessica frowns. “Now I’m not looking forward to meeting mine.”

“Oh, about that…” Tiffany blushes slightly. “I think I got the wrong person as my soulmate.”

“What do you mean?”

Tiffany then looks at Taeyeon lovingly. “She’s my soulmate, not Hojoon Oppa.”

“You mean Taeyeon is your soulmate?”

Tiffany nods. “Her countdown timer stopped too when we first met.”

“And you never told her?” Jessica asks Taeyeon.

“How could I when she was dating my good friend?” Taeyeon chuckles softly. “I lied to her about it.”

“So you liked her all this time?”

“Yeah.”

“Damn, you’re a masochist. A faithful one though.”

“Jess!”

“I’m just speaking the truth,” Jessica retorts. “Watching the person I like going out with my good friend is as good as suicide.”

 Tiffany feels guilty all of a sudden when she realizes what Jessica said is right.

Taeyeon catches the lip bite and guilt-ridden expression on Tiffany’s face. She interlocks her hand with Tiffany’s.

“I’m okay. You’re here now, aren’t you?”

“But it took me so long.”

“Better late than never, you know? I never thought this day would come. I’m happy. I really am,” Taeyeon smiles. “You being here now is all that matters.”

“And I’m the one who’s supposed to say the sweet things in this relationship, not you.”

“We need to switch it up every once in a while anyway.”

“I’m still here, in case you two lovebirds have forgotten.”

The two clear their throats in embarrassment.

“Sorry.”

“I’m just glad you’re happy. Treat her well, Taeyeon.”

“I definitely will.”

“Thanks, Jess.”

“Anytime.”

===

“That didn’t go so bad, did it?”

“Yeah,” Taeyeon heaves a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness.”

“I told you she isn’t scary.”

“Still. I was hanging on to dear life and praying that she doesn’t disapprove us.”

“Stop exaggerating.”

“Fine, I exaggerated about the front but I was really praying hard. I came too far to lose you now.”

“You’re not going to lose me, okay?” Tiffany squeezes Taeyeon’s hand as a form of reassurance. “Not anytime soon.”

“You mean there is a possibility of that in the future?”

“We’ll never know what’s going to happen.”

Taeyeon frowns and stops walking.

Tiffany shakes her head and chuckles.

“You know it’s the truth that we cannot predict the future,” Tiffany says, going closer to Taeyeon. “But I have a feeling that we’re going to go a long time before we get sick of each other.”

“I’ll never get sick of you.”

“Wanna play cheesy now huh?”

“I’m serious.”

“I am too,” Tiffany kisses Taeyeon. “I’m not letting go anytime soon so please stop worrying.”

“Can I get another kiss as comfort?”

Tiffany kisses Taeyeon again, a bit longer this time. “More assured now?”

“I think I need another one to tell.”

“Don’t push it.”

“Then I’ll do it,” Taeyeon pulls Tiffany in.

Tiffany circles her arms around Taeyeon’s waist, bringing them closer as she reciprocates the kiss.

“What about now?” Tiffany whispers against Taeyeon’s lips.

“Yes.” Taeyeon smiles and gives Tiffany one last peck. “Thank you.”

===

The two weeks of mid-ter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter