Chapter Three

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It's the last lap for my school semester so I've been really busy with assignments and hence the slow update, I'm sorry :( The pace will pick up after I get school and exams out of the way (which is in a few weeks' time) and I hope you guys will bear with me until then. Hope you enjoy the third chapter!

===

“How was the dinner? Did you like the place I picked?”

“I do. I love Italian.”

“Me too.” Hojoon grins. “Guess we’re really meant to be.”

Tiffany looks down when she feels the slight warmth in her cheeks while suppressing a smile. Thank God it’s night time now.

The rest of the journey back to Tiffany’s house is filled with silence, both secretly enjoying the ambience and company of each other.

“This is me.” Tiffany stops in front of the lobby of an apartment. “Thank you for walking me back.”

“No problem.”

Tiffany bites on her lip nervously. Why is he not going? Do I leave now? Do I invite him up?

An awkward minute passed and Tiffany decides to go.

“I better get going. Thank you again and see you in school.”

“Yeah, see you in school.”

“Goodbye then.”

Tiffany turns and right before she enters the lobby, she feels a hold on her wrist.

“Wait a minute.”

She faces Hojoon again, heart pounding.

“I… I um…”

“Is something the matter?”

“I know this is a little fast since we’ve only been on two dates but I really like you, Tiffany and I believe you’re the soulmate I’ve been looking for, as proven by the timer.” Hojoon cracks a small smile. “I’d love to take a step further about us so what say you?”

“I…”

“I know it’s too sudden so you don’t have to give me an answer now. You can think about it and let me know. I just needed to get it off my chest.” Hojoon leans in and pecks Tiffany on her cheek. “Goodnight, Tiffany. I’ll see you in school.”

Tiffany remains in the same spot as she watches Hojoon leave, too surprised to move. Did that really happen? Did he just confess? Did he just kiss me on my cheek? All after a second date? She blinks. It’s real. She looks at her now-still timer. This soulmate thing is for real huh? Is that why it’s moving at such a high speed? Will it be too quick if I said yes?

===

“Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon turns to where the voice came from. She holds her breath as she sees the girl walking briskly towards her.

“Do you remember me?”

“Yeah. Tiffany, right?”

Tiffany smiles and nods.

Please stop doing that before my knees go weak. “Are you looking for me?”

“Well, not exactly but yeah, kinda.”

Taeyeon chuckles at the statement. “So yes, looking for me, or no, not looking for me?”

“Okay, yes.”

“Is there something I can help you with?”

“There is, as a matter of fact.”

“Let me guess. That something is about Hojoon Oppa?”

Tiffany bites on her lower lip. “Am I that obvious?”

Stop smiling. Stop biting on your lip. “Well, he’s the only link between us so it was an easy guess,” Taeyeon says casually. “What about him?”

“Can you tell me more about him? You know, how he’s like and stuff.”

“You can just ask him, no?”

“Sometimes it’s better to know someone through a friend.”

“Hmm, true. I’m not sure if I can help you much though since I don’t know him super well either.”

“You’ll still know him more than me and I’m not exactly sure who else to approach so please?”

“Okay then. Now?”

“Are you done with class for today?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you have time? I’ll take up an hour max.”

I’ll give you two hours. Three hours. Four hours even. “Sure. Café?”

“Sounds good.”

“Do you drive?”

“Usually, but not today. I just sent my car for servicing.”

“My car it is.” Taeyeon starts walking. “Let’s go.” Maybe it’s just infatuation. Maybe I wouldn’t like you as much as I think after talking to you.

===

“Hi, what can I get you both today?”

Taeyeon gestures Tiffany to order first.

“An iced grande hazelnut latte please.”

“Make that two.”

“Alright. That will be 12,000won in total.”

“I’ll get it.”

Tiffany takes out her wallet but Taeyeon flashes her card before she could pay.

“Thank you and please proceed to your right for your drinks.”

“This should’ve been on me since I’m the one asking you for help.”

“No worries.” Taeyeon waves it off. “You like hazelnut too?”

“Unpopular opinion but it’s my favorite.”

“It’s my favorite too.” And no wonder you’re my soulmate.

“Really?”

Taeyeon nods. “People usually go for vanilla, which is good too, but nothing beats hazelnut’s aroma.”

“I know exactly how you feel.”

They collect their drinks from the counter five minutes later before heading to a table on the second floor of the café.

“So,” Taeyeon sips her coffee. “What do you want to know?”

“How long have you known Hojoon Oppa?”

“About five or six years in total, I think. We used to go to the same middle school but went to different high schools. We didn’t really keep in contact until we met each other again in university by coincidence.”

“I see. What do you think of him?”

“He’s a nice guy. He takes care of people well and is quite the popular one in school. I mean, he doesn’t look bad and you know, plus the nice personality.”

“Have you ever had a crush on him then?”

Taeyeon almost chokes at what Tiffany said. She coughs and laughs in amusement. “What?”

“You sound like you have a really good impression of him so…”

“He’s more like a brother to me.” Taeyeon tries to hold back her laughter. “I don’t like him in that way and never will.”

“I don’t mean it that way. I just thought you two might have some kind of relationship in the past since you look really close.”

“That’s almost since we’re more like siblings, although not blood-related. We got closer because we ended up being in the same university course so we got more things to talk about naturally.”

“Wait, so you’re taking architecture too?”

Taeyeon nods. “Don’t look like one?”

“Never expected that but it strangely suits you too.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” Taeyeon retrieves her drink from the table. “What about you? Which major are you in?”

“Fash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter