Eight

Behind The Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A week after

“Today is the last class before we are going for a break to celebrate Christmas and New Year. I hope all of you will have a real fun later.” Mr.Ji wishes for all of the students before he left the class.

 I look at the empty seat in front of me. It has been a week Min Ah skip school. I’ve been told by the teacher that she’s not coming because some sort of family business.  I called her so many times and send so many Line texts, but still not a slight answer from her. I’m getting worried as in our last fight, I don’t have a chance to ask for her forgiveness.

I walk home alone and I don’t feel good. Before I reach home, I stop for a while in front of Min Ah’s house. It is empty like always. I’m wonder where she has been – when I ask the neighbor, they told me that the family didn’t tell anything to them.

When I was about to leave the house, a car is coming to the house. The gate is open and there is a man gets out from the car – I guess that must be Min Ah’s dad. I walk to him and with all my courage, I ask him about Min Ah’s whereabouts.

“Excuse me sir. Can I ask a question?”

“Hm sure.”

“Do you by chance, Min Ah’s dad?” He widens his eyes as I ask the question. He smirks before he answers me.

“Yes. I am. You know, I will not ask either you’re Min Ah’s friend or not because I know she doesn’t have any guy friend. So what do you want here?”

I look at him with a blank face – what am I really want? Will he tells me if I ask him about Min Ah?

“Where is Min Ah?”

“She is somewhere safe.”

“Really?”

“See here young guy, Min Ah is different from any other girl. She has been hurt so many times and I guess I’m one of the persons who hurt her so many times. I don’t want she hurt again this time. So just please leave her alone.”

He leaves me and walk into the house. I sigh as I feel so disappointed not getting any answers from anyone yet about Min Ah. I guess my obsession on her is really real.  I just want to be beside her. Suddenly I get so real headaches. I walk unstable to the narrow street and rest my body against the wall.

Arghh this headache is killing me. It hurt damn much. My vision slowly blurring and my body feel so weak and I can’t hear anything. The only thing I can hear is headache ringing inside my head.

“Min Ah hates you, accept the fact. She will runs away from you.” The voice inside my head is telling me.

“No, no. I need her. She needs me too.”

“Yes you need her. But no, still she doesn’t need you.” The voice is again saying things I don’t want to listen.

“Stop.” I scream as loud as I can and kept hitting my head several time on the wall. The voice is no longer whispering inside my head. I felt blood come out from my nose but the pain is relief for a little.

I don’t know why and how, but still, I need Min Ah. I don’t want to lose her and that’s all I ask.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seogwipo, Jeju Island

Min Ah’s POV

It has been a week since my last time I was at Namyangju. Dad sends me to his parent’s house at Seogwipo. It is a very calm city on this beautiful rocky volcanic Island.

A week ago

I was crying alone inside my bedroom when I was thinking about what Woo Bin done to me this morning. I just can’t accept the fact that he can do whatever he wants to do to me. His action reminds me of Jung Suk. I started to trust Woo Bin but what he done – I don’t think I can trust him.

Suddenly a call just came in – it is from dad. I answer the call.

“Hello.” I tried to cover my sad voice.

“Min Ah, I will not be at home until new year. I’m sorry that I just told you this. I will buy you flight ticket to grandpa’s house at Jeju and I will inform your teacher about your absence.”

“But dad…”

“Okay honey, take care of yourself, I will text you about the ticket detail. Ah, a taxi will be there to transport you to the airport. Once you’re at Jeju, grandpa will pick you up. Sorry honey.” He ends the call. I sigh at the end of the line. Dad never asks me about what I want and what I think. Indeed, he is a good dad, but his desire on his business tears me apart and when he stressed, only God know what monster he will become.

Present time

I got a missed call again from Woo Bin. I feel really sorry for him as he tried so many times to reach me. I want to give him a chance but I don’t think I’m ready to start open my heart for him yet.

“Min Ah, let’s go get us a Christmas tree” I can heard Grandpa was calling for me.  There is two days left before Christmas, and everyone seems busy to prepare for this divine celebration. I don’t really like Christmas Day because every time I remembered about this holy day, I will thought about my dead parents and lose brother. I pick up my phone on the table before I follow Grandpa to buy a new tree and some decoration.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woo Bin’s POV

She’s still not answering my call. I throw my phone to the walls and scream as loud as I can. I’m starting to lose my mind again. I don’t like when this happen. I don’t like when people abandon me.

“See you’re not important Woo Bin. Maybe you just should leave this world. Nobody needs you.” A voice inside my head telling me a .

“Stop it already. She needs me. She really needs me.” I look at the mirror and look at myself. I convinced myse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter