Ten

Behind The Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wrap my arms tighter around him and he starts to slow down the bike so I can hear his voice.

“Do you want to stop?”

“Yes. Anywhere but not my house.” I say, breathlessly.

He pulls us over in front of a church and kills the engine. I dismount and walk into the church to loosen up myself. Woo Bin follows me from behind. I take a seat on the first row and suddenly tears coming out from my eyes like a rain. Woo Bin sit next to me and scoots closer to me. I lay my head on his shoulder again and he slowly placing his arm around my shoulder and gently squeezed it. I know he tried to comfort me and I really need that kind of comfortable touch during this emotional moment.

“Thank you Woo Bin for saving me again.” I break the silence between us. He looks at my eyes and slowly wipes away my tears.

“Who did this to you?” He sounds so angry when he asks me that question. I don’t know either I should answer him or not. I hate what dad done to me but I don’t want Woo Bin hurt him. Not like I care if dad was hurt but I don’t want Woo Bin facing problems later on.

“This is just a stupid decision my dad ever done. He…” I couldn’t finish my words. I’m actually doesn’t know how to back him up. What he did was truly disgusting.

“He will pay for this.” He stands up and almost walks away when I grab his arm and stop him.

“Don’t. He is my only family”

“What kind of family would do this to his daughter?” He raised his voice when he asked me that question. I shake my head because I don’t know how to describe it.

“You have to let me settle this down or else you will be in this Hell forever. I know all bruises on you all this time, he did it right?” I’m nodding my head as a yes answer. He sits again next to me and this time he straightly look into my eyes. He holds my hand – a tight, palm-to-palm grasp. The hold was very tight but really comfortable and it lasted for a while.

“I got hit on my face, sometimes he will kick me and whip me with his belt but the next day he will totally forget all his wrongdoing. He never knows that he abuses me physically and mentally all these times.”

“For how long you’re going to keep this from him?”

“I don’t know. I’m afraid.”

“I will tell him to stop.”

“I will come along” I said to Woo Bin that I will go with him and face dad this time. I have to be brave.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As we reach in front of my house, my body keeps on shaking, I don’t have enough courage to face him. Woo Bin holds my hands and we walk into the house. I know dad is home because his car was in the garage. When we walk in, dad already waits for me on the couch in the living room. He holds a bottle of whiskey in his hands. Oh no. He will become monster again this time. I pull Woo Bin to get out from the house but he refuses to move. I look at Woo Bin’s eyes – there were red lines in the white part of his eye. He looks extremely angry and he gently let go of my hands as I guess he doesn’t want to hurt me. In a deep state of anger, he grabbed dad's collar, dragged him to his feet, and pushed him against the wall.

“What? Do you want to kill me?” Dad asks him in a calm yet challenging voice.

“I will bloody kill a monster like you.” He said with anger. Woo Bin lifted him up and holding him in the air strangled him.

“Then….you…will...make…Min Ah…an orphan again…” Dad was tried gasped for air.

I run to Woo Bin to stop him.

“Woo Bin, just stop this already. He’s my dad, for God’s sake.”

He lets go his hands from dad. I relieved that he listens to me. Suddenly dad smashed his whiskey bottle and pick up the piece of the glass and pressed it against Woo Bin’s throat.

“If you want to kill me, then I have to kill you first.” Dad smirks while he threatened him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woo Bin’s POV

My head suddenly feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter