One

Behind The Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One

Chapter one and two will describe Min Ah's past time when she was a little kid. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 2001

The traffic light has turned green, so as it mean the vehicle can go forward, my dad pushed down the gas pedal to move the car. Without dad realization, there is a truck from the other side ran a red light as it going to make a turned. With the high speed, the truck hit our car and driving us to the light pole before the truck landed on our car. I’m who not buckle up when the truck hit us, flew through the window and landed miles away while my other family members got stuck inside the car.

While I still blurred with what exactly just happen, I stood with all my strength even it hurt so bad. Blood came out from my head, there are so many cuts from the other parts of my body, with my left leg feels twisted and my arm might be broken. I walked to them as fast as I can. I saw my mom and dad was unconscious, while I heard Min Ho, my younger brother was crying asking for help. I opened the door and help him unbuckled his seat belt and trying to get his out of the vehicle. I walked him out and sit him far from the incident scene. He got injured on his head and the broken mirror cuts his face. I ran back to mom and dad. Mom was already half awake but she still not fully aware what happen to her. I heard she was in pain and her seat belt was stuck. While I tried to save her, suddenly one of the tires was thrown in the air, making me jump and let go of my mom. I had jumped away a little bit far from the car. When I was about to get back to the car, but that was when the car exploded. It went up in flames with my mom and dad who still alive inside. I had to hear my mom screamed in pain. It was a terrible sight.

June 2001 – Harbor Haven Orphanage

“Eomaaaaa” I scream for my mom. The memory of the incident two months ago still haunted my mind. I woke up from my sleep as I had the nightmare. I can’t sleep anymore. My eyes can’t stop from crying. All I can think of right now is my brother. I left my bed and slowly walked out from the girl’s dorm. I closed the door really slow to avoid making any noise.

I sneaked into the boy’s dorm. I really did it well in sneaking like a wolf because the warden failed to notice me. I’ve done this almost every night when I had nightmare. Only Minho left as my family member and I don’t think I can survive all the tragedy without him by my side. I love him so much that I’m fear of losing him too.

All the boys are already fall asleep when I barged in the boy’s dorm. I walked to Minho’s bed and slowly woke him up.

“Minho, wake up.” I whispered in his ear hoping he will hear me out.

He opens up his eyes as he heard me. He rubbed his eyes and tries to focus on me.

“Do you have the nightmare again, noona?” asked Minho, as he really concerned about me. I nodded as an agreement to his question. I jumped on to the bed and stay by his side. He hugs me really tight with hope I will not feeling alone.

“I’m gonna spend my night here. Before dawn, I will back to girl’s dorm.” I say it to Minho, as a promise.

We both continue our night sleep. Even though I can’t really sleep, I tried so hard to make sure I closed my eyes to avoid the memory of the tragedy keep haunting inside my mind either when I awake or sleep.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Min Ah, I saw your brother been hits by the other boys inside the boy’s toilet just now.” My eyes got widen as I heard the report. I ran as fast as I could to the boy’s toilet. I don’t care anymore about my gender who supposed to be not allowed any women enters the boy’s toilet. I saw my brother lying on the ground – hopeless and helpless. Blood came out from his mouth and I couldn’t stand to look at him like this anymore. It has been twic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter