Eighteen

Behind The Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eighteen

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hyundae General Hospital

Woo Bin’s POV

I look out the window. Today I’ve been transferred to the VIP room, since papa already give notice to the hospital to take care of me as a VIP. I don’t like special treatment like this; unnecessary and it only cost me to feel lonely being alone in a room with no one else.

I close my eyes for a bit. I miss Min Ah so much today but I can’t just suddenly call her. She might be having some fun right now and I don’t want interrupt her happy moment. She might maybe was playing by the water in the summer with some of her friend; suddenly I just imagine Min Ah is playing with her boy-friend and this really make me feel so jealous.

I open my eyes and realize how stupid my imagination is. I shake my head several times before I close my eyes again to take a quality rest this time without thinking of something silly and grow jealousy inside of me. I chuckle as I remember how silly my imagination is because there is no way Min Ah would want to play by the water with any boy out there.  Suddenly out of nowhere I see exactly the little 10 years old of me in front of me with my mom and my step dad. I don’t know why all of sudden, my dark past, haunted me in this moment.

July 2001

I cried in the corner of the house when my step father beats my mom with his bare hand. I can see that mom was trying to hide her pain and tears. She just said stop several time before she become completely silent. My step dad is a general contractor who always gets home drunk and sometime he bring along girl with him to home. I hate him so much that every single day I hope that I can kill him.  I know that today was supposed to be my birthday. Mom was prepared for my birthday meal when suddenly my step dad barged into the house and punched mom’s face.

“I’ve told you so many time to not go out and show your f***ing face in front of our neighbors. Do you know what they called me? A f***ing wife beater.” Step dad was furiously spoken out his word while he continuously thrown mom’s body and beats her. 

“I go out for a while to get Woo Bin’s seaweed soup. Today is his birthday, he deserves to get some.” Mom explained why she went out to the market. Tears come out from her eyes and he ignored the tears that rolled down. There are so many bruises all over mom’s body as there is not a single day that mom will never get beaten by step dad. For that reason, step dad pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter