Five

Behind The Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 2006 – Min Ah’s house

I get home when it is already dark. Mom was there at the front door waiting for me with her worried face. I run to the house and tried to avoid making any eye contact with her.

“Min Ah, where are you from? Why you’re so late?” she asked me sound concerned. I tried to avoid answering her question and quickly run into the house.

“Min Ah, stop right there!” She commands me to stop. My hands can’t stop shaking when she walks to me. She looks at me up and down, scanning every inch of my face and body.

“Something doesn’t right. What happen to you, honey?” I kept on silence not answering her question. I don’t know how to answer her. The only thing I want to do right now is cleaning my dirty body. I hate all the smell – Jung Suk’s cologne that gets all over my body.

Suddenly I’m crying out loud and fall to the ground on my knees. I close my face and tried to hide my face. Mom hugs me and comforts me while keep on asking what happen.

  “Mom, I’m sorry.”

“Tell me honey, what just happen to you?”

“I’m so…sooo…sorryyy.”

“What you have done?”

“I fail protecting myself……”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m no longer a , mom.”

“What? How?”

“Ju..Jung Suk me.”

“What?”

We both started crying. Later mom quickly drives me to a private hospital. She forbids me from taking any shower to make sure the evidence not gone.

Hanyang University Medical Center

My mom did most of the talking when we got there. I remember lying on the hospital bed with bright lights and nurses all around me and I just stared at the wall. The next four hours consisted of having every inch of my body investigated and scraped for evidence. My clothes were completely removed and placed in a bag, and it seemed like nothing remained private at that point. I know it is procedure and the doctors were just doing their job, but at the time I felt so violated, like my body didn’t belong to me anymore.

The police arrived, took my statement, and after more than four hours of being examined, I got to go home. At the time, I didn’t want to speak to anyone – I didn't want to be there. But it was really important for me to do what I did - to go to the hospital, even though it was so hard. It's really difficult to make any kind of case even with the kit and the evidence – but without it, it comes down to “your word against mine.”

It was hard for me. I found peace in nowhere. My confusion and loss of soul consumed me, while flashbacks and nightmares became a ritual in my already messed-up schedule. I had uncontrollable panic attacks that caused me to rarely leave the house. I spent many long days in my room not talking to many people at all.

The kit result came back and DNA was found, enough to at least considered Jung Suk as a delinquency - juvenile offenders. He will be charged ual assault under section 18 of the Criminal Code. Despite changing his statements drastically a few times, though, he gained the support from a majority of the school. The school didn’t feel it was necessary to remove Jung Suk from the class -- even after the arrest.

Just because he is the son of the school board director, so they decided that we're just a couple of students that make out outside of school hours. Other students keep calling me and shameless . They make up new story saying I'm the one who seduce Jung Suk. I couldn’t bear the thought of attending class every day sitting next to the guys that me, that broke me, that took everything from me, so I withdrew from school after only a couple of weeks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

November 2006 – Kim Woo Bin’s house

Kim Woo Bin’s POV

“I can’t believe a disgusting ert monster like him still be out here and freed?” my eyes get widen and somehow it change into red – where it occurs due to dilation of small blood vessels makes the red lines in the white part of my eye. I don’t know why listening about this beast make me remember about my step dad – he already dead a long time ago.

Her eyes were overflowing with tears when she tells me the whole story. I feel sorry for her. I incredibly hate that damn Jung Suk even though I don’t know him at all. I promise if I meet him in real life I will kill him for God’s sake.

“That was unbelievable sick. But at least you have your mom with you to support you, right?” I asked her carefully. She must been through a lot when these past months. I can’t believe that guy still happen to let be out when he obviously violated this girl.

“She was there when I need her. But now, she’s not with me anymore.” She said while she tried to hold her tears. I feel so sorry for her yet I still questioning about her mother whereabouts.

“Where is she now?”

“She must be living happily in Heaven.”

“She’s dead?” She just nodded answering my question.

“I’m sorry.”I feel really sorry for what happen to her. Misfortune events that happen to her just turn her world into a double mess.

“She’s overdosing alcohol. She must be really stressed. People say she kills herself, but I know she been killed.”

“Been killed by who?”

“She’s been killed by society.”

Then there is just a silent moment again between the two of us. She lost her mom when she really needs her. She must feel so alone when she decided to take away her precious life.

“I don’t know why I tell all this. I’m so sorry for taking your time. I just want to go home.” She suddenly wanted to stop our conversation. It confuses me too when we can easily open our heart to tell and listen to each other, especially her.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter