Chap 4: Last Moments Pt. 2

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today's special song is I Miss You by MAMAMOO...

KNOCK KNOCK

I turned the cold metal knob and headed into the small bedroom. "I brought some food for you guys."

"Oh, Wheein!" Sandeul oppa was the first to call out as I entered the room. "You didn't have to, we ordered pizza for dinner just now!"

"You must have been tired from the photoshoot at the studio..." Walking towards me, Hani unnie's face was filled with concern. She took the bags from my hands and passed it over to Sandeul oppa. I allowed her to take everything except for the newspaper which I was going to read to Byulie, a daily ritual for the both of us. "Don't tire yourself out! Before the fact that you're our boss, you're one of our bestfriend. The work at the studio without Byul is already hard enough... We can take care of ourselves, so you have to take care of your own too."

"There aren't many projects going on without my most famous photographer anyways..." I tried my hardest to squeeze out a smile, but I know both of them could see through my facade. "Besides, you guys are the ones dealing with the camera work, not me!"

"But why is it that you seem much skinnier from the last time we saw you?" Hani unnie scanned me from head to toe, just like how a mother would do to their long lost child. Placing her hands on my shoulders, unnie continued after giving me a tight squeeze. "You haven't been eating well right, Wheein? Look at the dark circles under your eyes, it tells me that you haven't been sleeping well either... It's been a month already... Wheein, you have to take care of yourself first before you can take care of Byul. If this goes on, you're going to collapse even before she wakes up!"

"Must be the clothes I'm wearing... Ha... Ha... They make me look skinnier than I am you know..." I looked towards the ground, knowing fairly well that those words were nothing but lies. "Don't worry about me, unnie! Byulie likes skinny girls anyways~ This way, she'll love me more when she wakes up..."

She will wake up...

She will...

Right..?

"Uhh... Since you're here I guess the both of us will go get a breather outside..." Unable to stand the silence in the room any longer, Sandeul oppa stood up from the chair to signal his leave. As he picked up the pizza boxes lying on the floor, he paused to look up at me. "Don't worry Wheein, I'm sure Byul has been hanging on because of you. So she will try her best to... Come back..." At that, he dragged unnie along with him and left the room.

After both of them left, all that was remaining in the room is silence that is accompanied by the breathing of my love, Moon Byulyi. I placed the newspaper on her bedside table, secretly hoping that she would wake up and bicker with me for dirtying her table. However, all she did was to continue lying on her queensize bed. As I sat down by her bedside, tears started to form in my eyes. Her pale, expressionless face has remained the same even after 1 month. Eversince the day we escaped from the fire, I have never seen her signature scrunching nose smile again... Neither have I heard her voice... Everything in this room felt uncomfortable even though it was the same room we used to spend countless of nights together.

"It's my birthday today, Byulie-ya... Why do I still have to sit here and read the newspaper to you like how a personal assistant does it?" Sliding my hand into hers, I grabbed it tightly and held it up against my cheeks. "Where's my birthday present? Where's my birthday surprise? Where..." I paused, feeling the stinging pain at my heart act up once again.

Trying my hardest to fight against the lump in my throat, I swallowed hard. The pain of a thousand swords piercing through my heart was still there, but I just had to ask this question. "Where... Where are you?"

A long silence followed, the only sound dominating the room was her breathing. The only sound that also proves to me that she is still alive.

This was not what I had wished for...

"I miss you..." With each word leaving my mouth, the tears followed after. Slowly, her hand was wet with my tears.

Byulie-ya...

I miss you...

Those days where we sat by the beach just to wait for the evening sun to set...

I miss lying in your embrace while the sky starts to turn dark...

Everytime the warm spring breeze blows...

I miss the long walk we used to take to my apartment from the studio...

Whenever our song--  놓지않을게 (Never Letting Go) plays on the radio...

I miss you singing it to me...

The TV still shows horror movie night every Friday...

I miss cuddling on the couch when we watch them together...

Everytime I head to the studio's rooftop, the stars in the night sky still shine so brightly...

I miss looking into your eyes that sparkled as bright as the stars do...

I miss your greasiness...

"I miss you, my princess~" Without even bothering to close the darkroom door behind her, she encircled her arms around me and delivered a peck onto my forehead.

I miss hearing your voice...

"Why are you even worried about the world ending? Even if the world ends, I will be loving you till that end comes~" She pinched my cheeks lightly, comforting my anxious heart.

I miss you Byulie-ya...

So... So much...

Those days filled with our laughters...

Those days filled with your presence...

Those days of us...

Where have they gone..?

I want you back...

I want you back here so badly...

"Enjoying the 1 month extension I have given you out of my grace?" A bone-chilling voice came from my back, sending cold chills down my spine.

Slowly placing Byulie's hand back by her side, I turned around to face the owner of that voice. I know perfectly well that it belonged to that death angel I met 1 month ago. "You know that this isn't the kind of additional time I wanted... I wanted her to..."

"Shush! I have given you the 1 month you wanted. You humans are just so greedy." Before I could even complete my sentence, the death angel cut me off. Within seconds, she was already by Byulie's bedside. "I heard that you've been searching for me, what is it that you want now? I'll pick her up when it's time, you don't have to look for me at each an every church. Besides, I don't stay in the church."

Gathering every ounce of courage embedded within me, I replied to her question. "I accept your proposal."

Flashback to 1 month ago...

"Who are you?" Seeing that she was standing up to leave after Byulie who left the room to order food, I asked in order to stop her from following.

"You can see me?!" The lady clothed entirely in black stared at me in disbelief. "No... How could that be? It's impossible!"

"You've been following us the whole morning," I rolled my eyes at the weird lady, baffled at how clueless she is. I mean how can anyone not see her when she's clothed entirely in black? I would be blind to not notice her under the broad daylight. "No I should say that you've been following Byulie... Why are you following her? If you have any intentions of dating her, you can forget about it. She has a girlfriend and that's me."

The frown on her face seemed to have found its home, not wanting to leave. "You can really see me?"

"Obviously?" Exhaustion could be heard from my voice. "I'm warning you, get away from my Byulie."

"Ahhh... The rumours... Were true..?" Immersed in her own thoughts, the strange lady started to mumble under her breath. As she looked up, she asked the same question again. "Do you really see me?"

"They are no rumours! I'm telling you that Byulie is really my girlfriend!" Firm on my point, I know I had to kill off any cells of hers that had the intention to date Byulie.

"That's not what I'm talking about." In a split secon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter