Chap 17: The Act

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the studio...

DING

The liftdoor opened and I strolled out from the lift, hands holding onto the thick black file tightly against my chest. I looked up, unsurprised that my superior and her friends were huddled together. All of a sudden, a finger was pointed at me and all three pairs of eyes were in my direction as each step of mine brought me closer to the group.

"Congratulations!" Hani spoke with a wide smile on her face the moment i joined the group. "I never thought what I wished for would really come true! I should really go become a fortune teller or something! Who knows, I may even earn millions from it!"

Puzzled, I searched for answers from the other two who were standing together with her.

"That's weird... The girl in my memory didn't seem like Yongsun..." Scratching his head, Sandeul's face looked as confused as I was. With a step forward, Sandeul moved closer to me, closely inspecting my face. Surprised, I took a step backwards as he continued with what he was saying. "I clearly remember that the girl had a pretty sharp jawline. And oh! She has a dimple on her..."

"You're drunk, that's why you were mistaken!" Byul's high pitched voice immediately cut out whatever else Sandeul was about to say. Her eyes widened, clearly showing that she was lying through her teeth. "Here's the girl you saw last night! She's my... Erm... Girlfriend!" 

I'm Byul's girlfriend?!

What about the Wheein that she has been talking about all along?

Isn't her girlfriend Wheein?!

What happened to the girl in her dreams?!

"Girlfriend? Who? Me?!" I pointed towards myself, bewildered at what I just heard. "I, Kim Yongsun, is your girlfriend?!" 

Not wanting to be confused any further, I pulled Byul towards me, one hand slotting the thick black file towards Sandeul who stood dumbfounded. "Erm... Byul and I have some stuff to discuss regarding the shoot later! We'll be back!" Without turning back, I pulled Byul along as I headed towards the staircase.

What exactly is happening?

What ridiculous nonsense did she say while I was not around?

At the staircase...

"Explain yourself. What exactly happened back there?" I asked, before I could even catch my breath from pulling her all the way here. "This whole thing is ridiculous, you better explain yourself!"

"I..." Steering her gaze away from me, Byul stuttered with her words.

"Your girlfriend?! Who? Me?!" Since there was no reply from her, I rambled on, clearly letting her know that I am not pleased with what she had just told her group of best friends. "Isn't your girlfriend Wheein? What in the world happened to her?"

"You believe in my words? You believe that Wheein exists?" As though my words have enlightened her, she looked straight into my eyes with her brown orbs glimmering with hope.

"Even though I have always been teasing you about it, I have always believed you... I want to believe you." I took a deep breath, mustering up my courage before i continued. "Because only if your so called 'dreams' are true, then I'm sure that my dreams are true too."

"What do you mean..?" Staring at me blankly, I am certain that Byul was puzzled since I had never told her this part of the truth.

The only hope that I have is on you, Moon Byulyi.

"Meeting you at the company wasn't the first time I saw you..." I leaned against the wall, trying to put my nervous heart to a relaxed state as I recalled the time where I first met Byul. "I saw you once, just once... But that one time made me certain that I have to meet you again no matter what. Perhaps only you will be able to help me find the person I loved in my dreams... The person whose name I don't even know, yet could hold on to my heart all these while."

The Gopchang place (Yongsun's Flashback)...

"I, as the director of our model company, hereby sends out my congratulation to our company's next top model Kim Yongsun for her upcoming debut in New York!" Director Nam raised his glass of 소맥 (Somaek, an alcoholic drink of beer mixed with soju) before gulping it down in one-shot. Claps and cheers followed almost simultaneously.

"Congrats dear!" With a tap on my shoulders to signal her arrival, Chorong took her seat beside me. "Sorry that I'm late, the replacement photographer at ShiningStar studio for the photoshoot had such poor skills I couldn't leave in time to rush here." 

"Replacement photographer? What happened to the famous photographer, Moon Byulyi, who was in charge of your commercial shoot?" I asked, stuffing another piece of Gopchang into my mouth.

"I heard something cropped up so there was an urgent replacement. But I swear I'll never take part in a photoshoot with that Sandeul Lee Jung Hwan photographer. He takes ages to just take a simple shot." Shaking her head, Chorong poured a cup of water for herself and took a sip from it.

"Perhaps he was too captivated by your beauty to click the shutter~" My teasing comment almost resulted in Chorong spitting water right up my face.

"Oh shut up~!" At that, Chorong picked up chopsticks from the cutlery box, only to realise that the last piece of Gopchang was already in my mouth. "Looks like Gopchang has ran out~ Will my lovely bestie here, who is debuting in New Yor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter