Chap 13: K. Y. S. Book

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning sun was slowly turning scorch red as the clock hand striked twelve noon. Drawing the curtains aside, I squinted at the bight light that was streaming in from the clear windows. The room was heating up just like an oven with the afternoon summer sun. Turning on the old fan in the room,  I tried my hardest to block out that burning heat coming from outside but to no avail.

How could the death angel even sleep in this kind of monstrous heat?!

Heading towards my lovely bed, I pulled out the book that I hid under my shirt. Upon settling down, I quickly flipped to the page where I was reading before the death angel interuupted my reading session at the library. Each and every hanja letter was nicely carved onto the pages, picquing at my interest as I continued to read on.

It was a bright afternoon.

Even the spring Sun was present to congratulate the pair who were about to seal their love on this special day.

"Wait..." Kim Yongsun said as she stepped out of the palanquin.

Taking a last look at her parents who came to send her off for the ceremony, Kim Yongsun's eyes were filled with uncertainty.

"Go on Yongsun-ah... Our dear Yongsun, you will live happily with this marriage. We promise." Mr and Mrs Kim waved at their daughter, ushering her off before any tears could escape from their eyes.

It was at that moment, where Yongsun's eyes notice something amiss.

There was someone standing behind her parents.

Someone whom she missed dearly.

Someone whom she haven't been seeing for a long while.

Eversince she woke up from that long coma, she had never once saw this person whom everyone claimed was from her dreams.

"You..." Kim Yongsun was dumbfounded. No words could escape from .

Slowly, that person stepped forward.

Dressed in a pink hanbok, Kim Yongsun recognised the lady before her immediately.

"Why did you choose to break our promise?" Those words were like sharp knives piercing at Kim Yongsun's heart.

"Where have you been?" Everyone turned to stare at Kim Yongsun who seemed to be talking to her parents, but in fact had her words directed at this girl invisible to everyone's eyes.

Yet, the lady before her was not answering.

She took a turn and headed in the opposite direction. "Giving up is a choice you made. Beacause of that, I'll make the same choice too."

Before another word is said, she walked away.

The scorching sun shone mercilessly, and Kim Yongsun could only watch the dark-haired lady vanish in the bright light

"Quick get in, the auspicious hour will pass at this rate!" The matchmaker called out towards the bride who was still staring into the empty space.

"I... Choice... My parents... I... Reasons..." Kim Yongsun could no longer speak sentences that made sense. 

"What are you doing?" The matchmaker took Kim Yongsun's hands, pulling her into the ceremonial hall.

"Bow to your in-law

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter