24 Hours

Please Subscribe to read further chapters

Description

If you had only 24 hours left to live...

How would you spend the time?

What would you do?

Who would you spend the day with?

When would you tell that person, or would you never?

Where would you choose to breathe your last?

How would that person live on after you left then?

Foreword

The dense forest started to turn darker as the blinding sun started to set. A gust of strong wind blew against the tall trees, causing the leaves to rustle noisily. 

My heart hammered hard due to the nervousness of being in an unfamiliar place. I stood infront of the suspicious looking tent, wondering why I even made the decision to come here in the first place.

---Deep in the empty forest, all that is left is a tent. A tent that is filled with mystery. A tent that is able to tell the future. A tent that answers your deepest questions. You are curious. You know you are. Follow the instructions and you will get there. ---  Unknown Number, 5.30 PM

Shaking my head, I laughed at my own silliness.

This must be some sort of prank by my friends.

But just how stupid are you?! How stupid are you to let yourself follow the words in the message and end up at this dark and eerie forest?!

"I'm not going in. I'm not that much of a idiot." Turning my back towards the tent, I wanted to walk towards the opposite direction but it did not happen. My foot continued to stay rooted to the ground, not wanting to leave.

"What's wrong with you two?" I reprimanded my feet that was stuck to the ground. "Let's go home!" 

Using all of my strength, I tried to lift up my leg.

"Ahh... My only customer that I've been waiting for the whole day has finally arrived." A mysterious voice headed towards my direction. Alarmed, I turned around immediately but there was no one in sight. "What are you waiting for? Come in."

Looking at my surroundings, I searched for any evidence of a CCTV hanging around.

"Come in. I want to have an early night too." Once again, the bone-chilling voice calling for me made my hair stand. Deep down, I know that I should not heed the advice. Yet, my curiosity urged me to move into the tent.

Before I knew it, I was seated comfortably in the small tent. Right at the middle of the table set up infront of me was a crystal ball, reflecting the dim light that was shone onto it. The table was covered with red velvety table cloth. On the right side of the crystal ball was a stack of mysterious and untitled hardcover books that looked worn out from the past they have been through.

Why the hell am I doing here?!

I should get out of here... Everything here screams danger.

"Ask whatever you want, after that you will be able to leave." A dark shadow appeared from deep within the tent. Though the tent looked small from the outside, it seems like there were sufficient space for the lady infront of me to hide herself from my sight.

"Who are you?" I squinted my eyes, trying to take a better look at her.

"That is something you don't have to know." Clothed entirely in black, she moved and sat down elegantly infront of me. Her eyes were dark and hollow as I looked toward them, in search for answers. The sharp features carved on her face clearly showed that she was someone out of this world. "Ask me that question you have been dying to find out about. Ask it and you may leave with the answer."

"Why did I receive that message? Why did you lead me here?"

"I said to only ask one question. Do you not listen to instructions." There was no emotion embedded within her words, even though she should be angry at my defiance. "Since I have a compassionate heart, I will not hold you to it. Poor human, I'm here to offer you my valuable words out of sympathy. You will only receive the message from a death angel when you are about to die. Seeing that you're just about the age that I passed on, I would like to give you a warning beforehand."

"Wh.. Wha... What..?" I stuttered upon hearing the somewhat ridiculous news.

"You have 24 hours left to live, Moon Byulyi." Still expressionless, she picked up a book from the table and started flipping it nonchalantly. "Giving you a chance to know it is my grace, but how you are going to spend it is up to you. I'll find you after 24 hours have passed. See you then."

24 hours? Such a short time?!

I'm only... 25 years old (Korean age)... How can this be? How can this happen to me?

Within seconds, everything before me started to crumble. My knees weakened and I collapsed to the floor with a loud thud.

No... No... No...

Why? Why me?

By the time I regained my senses and look up into my surrounding, I was the only one left in the forest covered with dense vegetation. The dried twigs creaked beneath me as I shifted my weight on the floor. There was no sign of the mysterious lady nor the creepy looking tent. All that was left were the tall trees looming overhead. The night went deeper as the time continued to tick.

24 hours... The only time that I have left...

P.S. : Just had to pen down my idea before it ran away. So this story is actually inspired from MAMAMOO's song 넌 is 뭔들 (You're the Best) where Yongsun unnie's 24 hours~ part is stuck in my head. Well, I was playing 뉴욕 (New York) but that song just had to play after kekekekeke~  I won't be updating so soon though because I'm still working on my previous story Memories of Love and I want to finish it first... This is my second story so I hope you guys will continue to support me~ Sorry this story is still very unprepared... As you can see, there is only one main character and I haven't even decide what job Byulyi unnie is going to have. For now, I haven't decide what ship I'm writing on yet either, so that's why I didn't put more tags and characters... But the promise is this time round there will definitely be only one ship hehe! If you would like to, you can leave comments on the ship that you want to see and also any ideas you have, I'll read them! I'll update this description and tags again later when I have sorted them out~ See you all then~ 

WHEEvon
Hi guys, I'm sorry to inform that this week's chapter will be up late (probs midweek next week) I'll try to finish it ASAP lots of loves <3~