Chap 12: Mysterious Girl

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baby Shark~ Du Ru Dut Du Ru~" Humming a little tune, I shelved the dusted and clean velveted books back onto the tall brown shelf that was probably twice my size. At last, I took slotted the last black book onto the fourth level.

That book...

Is still there...

Once again, my eyes travelled to the book placed at the end of the shelf's fourth level. The one with its book spine engraved with three distinct letters. The one which sparked my interest eversince I got to hear that name.

K. Y. S.

Flashback to the previous night (30 May 2017, 3.30 AM)...

"Wheein-ah, Wheein-ah!" The front door burst open as the navy blue-haired young lady combed the whole house impatiently. Her shouts could even be heard from her bedroom where I was at. "Where are you?"

"Hmm? I'm here, I'm here~!" I leaned on the doorframe, puzzled at her actions. "Byulie-ya, why are you so anxious today?"

"Don't ever leave me." Instantly, she ran over and pulled me into a tight embrace. "Don't ever go without saying a word. Don't ever..."

"I promised to be here everyday didn't I?" With my chin resting snuggly on her shoulders, I her newly dyed blue hair. "What happened? Another nightmare occured while you dozed off at work?"

"Just..." She adjusted herself, pulinng me closer to her before continuing. "Worried"

"Why the sudden worry though you cute little hamster~!" With that, I delivered a light smack onto her teasingly.

"Remember my new assistant?" We headed towards the bed and took our seat as she continued with her seemingly long story. "Her name is Kim Yongsun. And she had a similar experience to us... So similar I just got scared... Even though it was a dream for her, it sounded so real... You will never become a dream of mine right?"

"Silly you! I'll be here, and even be by your side after the short span of 2 years~" I grinned at her, pretty sure that my deep dimple was greeting this scared hamster.

"Thank you." Probably unknown to her as well, her index finger found its way to my dimple. "Thank you for being here Wheein-ah..."

"But..." I brought her hand onto my lap, clutching onto it as I revealed my thoughts to her. "Your personal assistant... What exactly happened to her? I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but she's pretty 'special'..."

"Special?" Byulie asked, her head towards the right showing her confusion clearly.

"She... She can see the death angel... Remember the lady who almost took you away? The death angel who helped me to become a traveller, your personal assistant-- Kim Yongsun can see her..." Feeling the nervousness rise within me, I gave tight squeezes to Byulie's hand.

"Are you serious?!" Alarm could be heard from her voice. She was indeed surprised at the sudden information she received. "Even I can't see the death angel anymore... How could she..?"

"That's exactly what I'm driving at..." I nodded, deep in thoughts just like how she is.

"You know what..." Byulie looked up towards me with her scrunching nose muscles visible on her nose bridge. "She could see something else that others can't too... Something I just found out today..."

"Hmm?" I asked, confused with her sudden change in emotions.

Something greasy must be coming up next...

"You." Tucking my stray hair behind my ears, Byulie's eyes were filled with nothing but affection. "Not in the sense that she can actually see you... But that she can see you in the photos we took before all these happened, something that no one could. Even I only the scenery in the pictures. But she could see you in those photos, smiling beautifully like how you are now."

"You sound jealous." Obviously taking the hint from her words, I questioned mischievously.

"I am." To my surprise, Byulie admitted to her emotions immediately instead of denying like how we would usually banter with each other. "I wish I can see you like that all day, every day, every second. I love you, Wheein-ah."

"I love you too." I said as I drew her closer for a kiss using the tie hanging on her neck. "And I also love your cuddles."

Back to the present (30 May 2017, Mid-morning)...

The book still lies on the shelf quietly. The three distinct letters continues to call out towards me as though there was some magic lying beaneath it.

K. Y. S.

Will I be breaking a rule if I read it..?

And if I do break a rule... What will happen?

I mean nothing has ever happened to me even though I revealed myself to Byulie...

Probably there isn't even a punishment?

So... Should I... Read it?

No one said that I can't read it anyways!

But...

"I don't care anymore. I'm reading it." I breathed in deeply before taking it from the row of books infront of me. Planting myself onto the floor, I leaned onto the shelf as I read. After two blank pages, the same numbers I saw last time jumped at me.

1779

"1779... 1779... It's so familiar..." Racking my brains, I tried my hardest to find my connection with these 4 numbers. "1779?!"

No wonder the death angel's name sounded so familiar...

I've seen it before and so that's why I feel the familiarity...

Wait... These numbers is her name too?

Kim Yongsun's name is 1779 too?

Confused, I continue to flip on until several hanja words appeared.

"Luckily, I have taken a history module for hanja back in school." Heaving a sigh of relief, I congratulated myfelf for my genius braincells. It didn't take me long to decipher whatever that was written in the books.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter