Chap 15: Fading Memories

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ramen is ready~" Emerging from the kitchen was my little princess with a bowl of piping hot noodles to satisfy my late night cravings.

Placing my laptop on the couch, I immediately made my way towards the dining table. "Finally~ I'm so hungry I can probably eat you up~!"

"Is that all you think about everyday?" Wheein side-eyed me as she sat right across me.

"Pretty much." With a goofy smile, I pinched her cheeks. "I can be even more cheesy cos I know you love it~ Are your legs tired, Wheein-ah? You kinda ran in my head all day today~"

"I don't remember adding oil to the ramen, but why are you so greasy today? I should probably cook a new bowl~" Her hands approached my bowl of noodles in an attempt to take it away from me.

"Well, admit that you like hearing me say these things~" Quickly, I protected my bowl like a child would protect their toys. "Actuallly... Even if you don't, I know that you love my greasiness"

"TSK~" Speechless, my little princess rolled her eyes. "So what have my greaseball been up to today?"

"Nothing much... Except missing you all day~" As though she had predicted my thoughts, a knock came to my head even before I finished my sentence. Shining my usual scrunchy nose smile, I continued shoving the instant noodles into my mouth. "Anyway, that reminds me! Can you remember how we met? Like the first time we met? Yongsun asked me about it today but I can't seem to remember it..."

"Hmm?" With her hands propping her head, Wheein stared at me while looking slightly puzzled. "What's gotten into you? You seem to be forgetting many things lately... Just two days ago you asked me how we started dating..."

"I know right? My memory has been pretty bad these days... I don't know why either..." I shrugged my shoulders in reply to her question.

DING DONG

We stared at each other, surprised that a visitor came at this ungodly hour.

"It's okay, I'll get the door." I smiled in an attempt to calm her racing heart, knowing fully that she must be worried about her 'punishment' coming to knock at my door. "Must be the next door ahjusshi who had a drop too much! Death angels don't knock, remember?"

Just as I thought, the visitor at the door was not anyone to be feared of. Although it was not the neighbour I predicted, it was indeed a drunk man.

"Sandeul?!"

"Hey, Byul-ah!" Upon seeing me at the door, Sandeul reached his hand farward and started to pinch my cheeks lovingly. "My dearest, loveliest and kindest best friend~"

"It's been long since you last turn up like this." Shoving his hands away, I sighed looking at his dishevelled hair and tucked out shirt. "You drank again. And, alot."

"Nah... Just a teeny weeny bit..." He staggered forward, trying hard to maintain his balance by supporting himself at the wall. "Like I think... 5 bottles of soju?"

"What I'm more curious about is the reason for the alcohol." I scoffed, shaking my head as I continued. "But that's for another day when you're more sober."

"So... As usual, you know how it works right? Your best friend here is staying for the night~" Slowly, he started to untie his shoe laces as though I had invited him into my residence.

"Wait. No. Not today" Pointing at his shoes, I signalled him to put them back on. 

However, being the in the drunk state he did not catch on to my cues. Instead, he rambled on about his woes. "I saw 선배(senior) again... Last night at a bar in New York... Before I took the flight back after the international conference... I saw her... At the bar... Still as pretty... As pretty as back then..." Looking into my eyes, Sandeul searched deeply for a tinge of sympathy that was nowhere to be found. "So I know my dearest best friend wouldn't mind having me over here to heal my hurt soul"

"You're wrong, I mind. Go to a hotel or your mum's place." At that, my two hands pushed Sandeul in the direction of the lift lobby.

"Why would you do this to me?" Sandeul said with a pout, making me even more disgusted that I had to roll my eyes at him.

"Don't make me video this down and show you tomorrow. You're definitely going to regret it." Ignoring all of his attempts, I pressed for the lift.

"Or... Is it you have a pretty girl over tonight? That's why you're chasing me away?" His usual drunk habits were all unleashed as he hooked his arms with mine and leaned his head on my shoulders.  

"That's for me to know and definitely not for you to find out." Disgusted by his actions, I pushed him away from me and pressed harder at the lift button.

When exactly is the lift coming?!

Finally, the lift arrived and the lift door opened within seconds.

"Okay okay~ I'll l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter