Chap 14: Just Another Day?

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How long are you going to take just to keep that tripod?" I looked towards the petite lady struggling with the three-legged frame.

 Still struggling with the stand in her hands, her face scrunched up into a frown. "I just can't seem to turn this knob for it to loosen..."

"Because you're turning it the wrong way hun." I walked over, immediately loosening the screw at the first attempt. Dropping the car keys into her palm, I picked up my camera and the remaining equipment while walking towards the car. "Just help me open the car boot."

As I continued on my way to the car, the lady clapped in awe while hastening her footsteps to catch up with me. "You're like a superwoman."

"Hmm? Why, Yongsun?" I asked, carefully putting the expensive equipment into the car boot.

Even though she is older than me, she somehow didn't mind me dropping all honorifics with her.

"I mean you do all the photoshoot set-up by yourself, draw the storyboards, come up with ideas... You can even pack up the shoot by yourself. Basically you can run a one-man studio!" Being the usual naggy and talkative personal assistant she is, Yongsun rambled on as she sat comfortably in the front seat. 

"I used to, before I was back in Korea." I nodded, fastening the seatbelt to the driver's seat. Hands on the steering wheel, I carefully navigated through the carpark while picking up from where I left off. "No, I should say even when I was back in Korea..."

"Oh... I remember Hani telling me that you never had a personal assistant..." Shrugging her shoulders, Yongsun focused on the scenery outside as usual.

"I had one though, Wheein." My lips arched upwards as I recalled those precious memories I shared with Wheein. "I thought that I never needed one, until I met Wheein."

"The girl whom I saw in your 'scenery photos'? That reminds me, you have never told me about the story between you two... It's unfair that you have known all about my dreams but I never heard a thing about yours." Her eyes were now on me, pressing me for an answer.

"Yours may be a dream, but mine is the reality." Making a left turn, I replied.

"Whatever..." Yongsun rolled her eyes before continuing. "So... How did you two meet?"

"How did we meet?" I let out a sarcastic laugh.  "Haha that's such an easy question! We..."

We met at...

We met...

Wait...

How did we meet..?

How did I meet Wheein..?

"You can't say it? Or is it that you can't remember?" Yongsun raised her eyebrow as she asked, seemingly mocking at what she calls 'the so-called greatest love story'.

"Weird... I can't seem to remember how Wheein and I met..." The red light came at the right time, just when I needed some time to think. "All I can remember was that she is our Studio's CEO... Did I meet her only at the studio..? It doesn't seem like it though... We were already close even before I entered the studio... Albeit I had no idea she was the CEO then... How exactly did I first meet Wheein...?"

"HA! Even I can remember how my first dream occurred." Once again, Yongsun shrugged her shoulders. With her voice still reflecting her doubts. she continued. "How about... Things like first handhold or first kiss?"

"First kiss?" With my eyes still on the road, I could clearly remember that moment when I felt Wheein's soft lips on mine. "Our first kiss, will probably make you die of jealousy~"

First Kiss (Byulyi's Flashback)

In the office...

The dark clouds looming ahead were starting to gather themselves. Packing closely to each other, the rainy clouds signalled an impending thunderstorm. Holding onto the yellow umbrella Hani left at my office that morning, I smiled to myself as I stared at the brewing storm outside from my office window.

I guess Hani can really be a great weather forecaster if she had chosen to audition for it and not that damn news anchor role.

Serves her right to become the HR manager in this studio for not going with her talents.

Stretching my arms into the air, I did a lazy stretch while swivelling my chair back to face the pile of completed storyboards on my desk

It has been close to 6 months at my new workplace, yet I have never once met the CEO whose sincere employment invitation made me give up my dreams to photograph around the world.

Not only does he/she never comes to the office, everyone at the studio seemed to know nothing about this mysterious CEO.

Interestingly though, the projects that the CEO entrusted to me will always be found on my desk neatly.

It was as though the mystery person was a ghost who kept an eye on the employees without revealing himself/herself.

RING RING

"Byulie-ya~" The sweet angelic voice came through the phone, brightening the office that was previously dim due to the brewing storm outside. "I've delivered the photos to Mr Jung already~ Are you still busying yourself at the desk?!"

"How did you know that I'm still in office?" Surprised, I shot up from my seat and glanced around me. "Is my little princess missing me that much, such that she have installed cameras in my office? Personal assistants should not spy on their bosses~ What if I happen to change in my office or..."

"You wish~" She cut me off teasingly. "I wouldn't want to see it either~"

"Are you sure? Who was it who wanted cuddles every night?" I laughed, knowing clearly that the lady on the other side of the phone would be blushing to the tip of her ears.

"That's different~!"

"It's not much difference to me though because it's just like a teaser to..." I continued, not wanting to let her off the hook since I'm having a great time teasing her.

"Shhhhhhh! You're in the office, others might hear you!" Her anxious voice was embedded with happiness.

"No one will hear me when I'm in my own office unless it's you, Jung Wheein who might have wiretapped my office~" I replied, knowing that my wide grin could be seen from even miles away.

"Aish~ It's no use arguing with you~" I could hear the muffled announcement in the background as she replied. "Anyways I'll meet you at Yeoido Hangang park, the usual bench? It's our weekly cycle date today~!"

"Hahahah! You sound excited~" I stood up from my seat as my hands busied themselves to organise the messy work desk. "Well... Of course you are excited, a date with me is always exciting~"

"You're full of greasy nonsense, Moon Byulyi~" Her giggles accompanied the words coming through the phone.

"But you love it~" I joked, knowing clearly that she would never say no to it.

"I'll make a not to buy some detergent to wash all that grease off you~" There was then a pause before she delivered the usual 'bad news'. "Battery is gonna die, talk to you later~ Loves~"

Shaking my head, I hung up the phone as I looked out of the window while grinning from ear to ear.

The dark clouds continued to hover up in the skies, slowly covering the setting sun.

Oh wait...

It's going to rain.

Jung Wheein that silly girl must be taking the subway again.

"Guess I'll have inform this silly princess to change our date location today~" I mumbled to myself as I picked up my phone from the desk.

Oh. My. Goddesses.

I tried dialling Wheein's number but it no longer got through, instead it was replaced by her angelic voice recording, "여보새용~ (Hello) Jung Wheein forgot to charge her little phone last night so she may have a bit of difficulty picking up your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter