chapter 1

all over again



CHAPTER 1


Song jong ki and song hye kyo knows each other sine childood. Their friendship as they grew older became something more,till tehy finally decided to become a couple. Years passed the couple is more happy than ever,they even decided to get married,their families where so exited and happy till an accident happened. Song hye kyo sustained only minor injuries while jong ki...song jong ki,lost his memories.


SHK POV


I can't belive it,i really can't belive it, someone please tell me it's just a bad dream. I am listening to what the doctor is saying and i am terrified.


"doctor are you sure?" i ask worried


with a sad voice the doctor explained what was going on "i am terribly sorry,unfortunately the brain has sustained a major injury, we tryed our best but in the end he is still in a coma"


"noooo!!!sob,sniff" song jong ki's mother collapsed on the floor


"omo,omoni!" me and the my mom help her sit down,then i ask my mother to stay with her because there is something i want to ask to the doctor


"mom please stay with her"


"ok,child go on" i walk toward the doctor,till i am face to face with him,i ask what i had to.


"doctor,i am studying medicine"


"i see,so?"


"i know that someone can be in a coma for years or just come back,for exemple tomorrow or after a week...sonng jong ki...when will he wake up?" i ask hoping for good new,but the face the doctor made made feel desperate


"i am sorry,no one know just how much a coma can last,we can only wait,just keep him company and talk to him...that's the best medicine for him...i am sorry"as i crumble in pain,the doctor try to console me,patting my shoulder


"be strong" and then he goes away...tears can't seem to come out,no words nothing,i am just like a blank piece of paper,it's as if the world punished me for being too happy all this time. I remained in silence for a few minutes before getting up,i must become stronger,he needs me now.


1 week later


I am at the hospital again this morning, Jong ki is still asleep.


"you seem so peaceful...yea, you must be happy...but...we are dying inside" i carress his pale but warm cheeck


"wake up jong ki...come back to us...come back to me" i decided not to cry and to be strong,but i am allowed to be sad,to feel pain,i can't... be happy.


"song hye kyo ssi,you have to look at some documents" a nurse called me to take care of some things,so i just get out of the room and follow her.


"thanks for coming song hye kyo,this must be hard for you"


"no...it must be harder for him"


"be strong" said the nurse,i smile at her and then i walk back to the room and song jong ki...was awake


"j-jong ki?...DOCTOR!DOCTOR! SOMEONE PLEASE,HE  WOKE UP!" i run to his bedside,he still can't move unfortunately but he can still talk


"how are you? jong ki say something please" he smile just a little,for as much as he can


"calm down...my head hurts"


"o sorry,i am sorry...thanks thanks for coming back"


"but how did i hend up here? what happened to me?" the fact that he doesn't remember why he is here it's a little strange but maybe it's a normal for someone who just came back from a coma.


"later,i will tell you in a while, just let me call your parents first"


"ok" just at that moment the doctor came and i went outside to call for our parents. After giving them the good news i go back inside.


"doctor,how is he?"


"i can't say for sure,if he had some kind of damage or not, we have to run some tests"


"ok,thanks doctor"


"don't mention it" i smile at him and then go back to jong ki


"hye kyo..how did i end up here?"


"we had an accident"


"we?"


"yea, but i was fine just minor injuries"


"i see,i am glad..." he look at me and then he say


"did you make your hair grow? i like it...you are more pretty this way" he said trying to smile as much as he can,but something is wrong, 3 years ago i had short air, later i just let them grow.


"w-what are you saying? it's been 3 years already that i don't have short air anymore"


"...really?...sorry i must have forgotten" i am starting to have a question and the answer scare me more than ever.


"jong ki,what is it the last thing you remember?" i asked hesitant


"the last?...me and so ri na going out of the club"


"w-who?"


"so ri na,my girlfriend" i can't belive it,my fear became real he has amnesia. Later i talked with the doctor and he said that jong ki indeed suffer from amnesia and that it was permanent. I remained as strong as i could till that moment, i wasn't able to process anything anymore. In the end i still had some hope,the hope that he would remember us one one day.


"mom,what are you saying? me and hye kyo are boyfriend and girl- ahahah,ouch"


"calm down! you still can't move"


"i know but this is...just too funny,we are just best friends, we cannot be- right hye kyo?-" i am looking at him,my face can't hide it right now and your words hurts me so bad jong ki...what should i say to you? yes? no? what is the best answer for you to remember me?"


"guys,let him be, now that he is finally awake i am going away,i have work to do,bye" i try to force a smile and walk away


"wait,hye kyo wai-" jong ki's mother asked me to go back but i can't,right now i can't.


The next day i go back in the hospital and jong ki was with his father


"o good morning hye kyo dear" said happy his father,soon after jong ki greeted me too


"good morning hye kyo"


"good morning"i smile trying to act normal


"ok i will go away soon i just had to bring this here"


"ok" answerd jong ki,i looked at him but i couldn't resist again,to the urge of running away today too,i am not ready to face the truth.


"...then,i will go home bye"


"wait" jong ki stops me and i slowly turn around


"what is it?" before answering me,jong ki look at his father and ask him to leave and he agree to do that leaving us alone.


"cough,so what is it,jong ki?"


"...i am sorry" he said with a sad face


"about...what?"


"...i heard...about us...it seems like we were engaged too"


"..."i didn't know what to say,so i just remained silent


"i am sorry but i...don't feel anything for you" my heart was pierced with 100 needles.please jong ki stop there


"i only think of you..." please stop it, jong ki don't say anymore,i don't know what to answer to this


"only as a friend" ...he just said it,even if i didn't said out aloud,i really wanted him not to say anything anymore yet he...kept on going on.


"i am sorry"


"...sigh...it's ok...i am not...you know i am a sincere person right?" he nod sadly


"...ok,i will,wait...till you ill feel the same again then"


"hye kyo-"


"i will wait...as much as i can...i have to go and do my work now see you later" i force a smile and then leave him there. I am still amazed by me and the fact that even when i am this depressed state, i still am not crying at all...this is really...unbeliveable.


Time passed, jong ki was finally out of the hospital,in some way we came to have our friendship back,well for what i can at least. I stayed by his side all the time. Then one day he came to our house letting us know his new girlfriend...how can he do that to me? even if i never talked about it again,i still have a heart and it hurts me,because i still love him,jong ki knows what i feel for him and yet...look at what he is doing right in front of me. He was happy,while i was dying inside. After that day he brought her to us,even going out with our other friends,who looked at with pity. I couldn't pretend anymore...i needed help,i desperately wanted someone to help me. The next day i went to the hospital were i am doing my internship, one of my teachers asked me if i was interested in study abroad,it was a good opportunity,since if i would have done a good job i would have a stable job in a foreign country,i accepted in no time,this opportunity came at such a good moment.
The time for me to go was in about a week,my parents where a little sad but,they tought that it was the best for me,since the situation i was in wasn't a pleasant one. I asked my parents not to tell jong ki and neither to his parents,right now i don't want to see him...the love i feel is becoming more like hate and before i completly destroy the good memory we had at least i want to let them rest, away from me...buried inside,never looking back again...to the place where he is.


Song jong ki came a lot of times to my house in the past days, but i pretended to to be inside,but today we met outside my house gate.


"song hye kyo!finally i couldn't contact you at all"  -of course that's because i didn't want to see you-,i tough in my head


"...dae,i wasn't home..." i just hinted a smile "jong ki, i have somewhere to go to,so bye..." i close my house gate


"where?can i accompany you?" he ask me in a gentle way,once i would have touched the sky for him to say this but now it only hurts


"no,there is no need, i can go alone,bye" i walk past him but jong ki stop me


"wait...are you avoiding me?" i am standing here while jong ki is behind me...should i say the truth? or should i not? in the end,i won't ever see him again.


"hye kyo...song hye kyo,turn around and look at me!" i turn around and look at him in a serious way


"jong ki...i told you i have things to do,there is nothing more to it" he looks hurt,damn,this expression of jong ki always has the power to breack wathever resistence i try to put,when he is hurt,it hurts me too. This guy is terrible for me.


"do you have time tonight? let's go and have fun, the  two of us" yea,why not,just this,before i leave, before i forget him for good,i hope that if i ever see him again,if there will ever be a time, he won't have this power on me anymore.


"tonight? yea"


"are you sure? you don't have to stay with her?"


"no,it's ok,it's been awhile since it's been only the two of us"


"ok then"


"where are we meeting?"


"where?...do you remember the park we always went when we came out of high school? i always beat the crap out of you,i want to see you loose again"


"o yea,should i wait you there? also you think i am still the same idiot?i am not going to let you win this time"


"let's see about that. I should finish my job at 11.00 I AM is that ok with you?"


"ok" he said all happy


"then see you later" i faked a smile and then turned around,this will be my last time with him,because tomorrow i won't be here anymore.




11.00 AM i finally arrived there and jong ki was already waiting for me,the day of our first date he was there before me too. I lied when i said i just wanted to beat him again,i asked him to come here because everything started in this place and everything,should end here.


"jong ki,where you waiting for a long time?"


"1 hour...you came after an hour!"


"liar at most it was 15 minutes,are you so eager to loose?"


"mpfff,always on guard hu?nothing escape you,song hye kyo" it's not true,jong ki...you escaped,you left me


"let's go and have fun" i take his hand and bring him to the stall where if you hit the right color with the gun and you can win a prize,we tought only played for the sake of shaming each other,to see who was the best,so we never took any prize.Stupid right? but that's just how we spent our funny days.


"ya!hye kyo,how can you be like this? you lost again?...ahahah,see i won!"


"dae,good for you! next battle!" i wave at him to follow me and he came beside me.


We played some other games and in every game i lost again and again.


"wow,you lost at everything,ahahah complete loss for you!"


"dae,now since i lost, go and buy me something to eat, i have to work tomorrow"


"ahahah,i am working too, you know?"


"so will you buy or not?"


"i will,i am going now" and so he went and brought me an ice cream. We decided to sit down on a bench so that the ferris wheel can be seen well.


"here" he said giving me my ice cream,vanilla flavor,my favourite.


"here sit down" i say to him and he does excactly what i told him.


"hey,we usually go on the ferris wheel at the end,why didn't you want to go there today?" i smiled remembering those times, mwhat i remember the most,is when he confessed to me,on the ferris wheel, for the first time...


"well,i don't feel like going there,i don't like it anymore"


"what? i can't belive it! did i forget something again?why don't you like that anymore? you made me go crazy if i didn't bring you there!"


"mmm,something did happen and yes...you have forgotten it" i look at him with a smile on my face


"what did i forget?something bad happened right?did someone hurt you?" you,you hurt me,jong ki...i want to say this so much to him.


"you confessed" he stopped hearing this and looked at me shocked


"h-hu?" he asked not nowing what to say anymore


"you confessed,just there,in that ferris wheel"


"..."he looked down and remained silent for a few seconds "so i...confessed there?"


"...dae,that's where everything started" i tryied to smile the whole time even tought all i want to do is just cry,till i fall asleep.


"...that day,you asked me to come no matter what,with no friends or the likes only the two of us"


"...hye kyo i-"


"don't worry i am not here to confess to you or to make you remember that time,i know that you love someone else,i just came here,because i want to give to us an end"


"hu?" he asked confused,i looked at him always with this smile of mine i feel like my jaw is about to fall off,but if i don't keep on doing this i will just seem so pathetic.


"you have put the past aside and started all over again with someone else,you forgot and i...i want to forget too,that's why i brought you here" he looked at me sadly


"i just think it's best like this,end our story...where it started" i look at the ferris wheel and then at him


"what do you mean? song hye kyo-"


"let's be just good friends,from now on... good friends" i smiled and then lookd at my watch


"i have to go...it's time for bed" i get up from the bench and walk away


"wait-"


"i can't wait jong ki,it's late already...my mother will scold me to no end because i forgot my house keys,so bye"


"wait-"


"you can stay a little longer,i will go first"i turned around and walked away,i tought that maybe,just maybe he would come and stop me,but it never happened,in the end he remained there and i left.


The next day


"hye kyo,did you forget anything?"


"i don't think so"


"but if you forgot something let me-" my mom was really sad i could tell, so i just hugged her


"mom,i will come again when i can,don't worry for me ok?"


"aigo...sniff,my baby is going away from me"


"ahahah,dae,because i am all grown up"


"but you will remain our baby anyway" said my father trying to fight the tears


"ahahah,guys stop it...or i will start to cry too"


"aigo...sniff"


"guys i have to go now,the taxi arrived"


"already?...ok,we will help you bring your things" said my dad


"ok"after they helped with my suitcase we bid our farewell,but before i get in the car my mom ask me about jong ki.


"jong ki?did you tell him you where going away?"


"i bid my farewell to him"


"i see" i am not lying in the end i said godbye to him,i just omitted the fact that i would leave the coutry


"bye mom,dad,i will call you when i arrive"


"ok,dear,call us!,bye"  And so i went away,leaving everything behind even jong ki,a new and good life is waiting for me,that's what i belive.