The Suspicion

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a boring week being cooped inside the hospital room, the doctor finally approved for the patient to be discharged out of hospital, but of course Mark would still have cast on his leg and to depend on walking stick for moving.

“Alright, you’re ready to go home?” Jaebum smiled at Mark.

“Finally. I am so bored in this white room already!” Mark replied his friend.

Mark was surprised when he was welcomed by his other 3 friends who have been waiting for him at his apartment. “Welcome back hyung!” Mark was touched by his friends warm welcoming for him. However, it’s kind of sadly weird for Mark since there’s no Jackson who always welcomes him home. There’ll be no Jackson running around the apartment nosily. From now on, it’s his apartment, not their apartment anymore.

Mark thanked his friends for the welcome party as he was helped by Jaebum to the couch. Since Mark still has difficulties in walking, his friends are gladly to help him in any ways he needed. Mark was really thankful for his friends for not leaving his side. He wasn’t really a clingy person, but at this moment, he really needs his friends company to avert his lonely heart.

“Hyung, I’ve cooked warm soup for you hyung. I know how addicted you are to soup.” Jinyoung smile widely at the oldest.

“Thanks Jinyoung-ah. As always, you know me the best!” Mark smiled back at the younger and accepted the bowl of soup. “I really miss your cooking.”

“Then I’ll cook for you everyday, hyung. I’m your personal chef!” Jinyoung announced himself as Mark personal chef from now on.

Mark just laughed softly at the younger sincere words. “I’ll be honoured, Jinyoungie. But you don’t need to do that for me. I can still take care of myself. I am not paralyzed.”

The others just laughed softly at the oldest words. “We just want to take care of you, hyung.” It’s Youngjae who answered the older. “Just let us take care of you, ok?”

Mark was really touched at the simple request. It might be some simple words, but Mark could feel the true sincere in it. Mark smiled widely as just nodded his head. Well, it’s not a bad thing to be spoilt by his friends’ attention for the moment, right?

“I’m sorry I wasn’t being able to help in the shop while I was hospitalized. You must be swarm with my share of work as well, Youngjae.” Mark suddenly apologized guiltily at his business partner. Both Mark and Youngjae are partners in owning ‘Sweet Time’ coffee shop. Just after 9 months after their first shop in the area of Hongdae, they’re able to open the 2nd branch in Dongdaemun.

“Hyung, can you stop apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong. Besides, I have Yugyeom who helped me with the reports too. This maknae studied business isn’t for nothing!” Youngjae chuckled, noticing the annoyance on the youngest face.

“Hey! Is that supposed to be a compliment?” Yugyeom protested.

“Yah! Where’s your respect, maknae!” Youngjae barked back at the youngest for his disrespectful towards him.

“Don’t use that card on me every time! I am not a kid anymore!” Yugyeom protested back.

“YAH KIM YUGYEOM!”

Seeing the childish fight of his dongsaengs, Mark couldn’t help but laughed out when he watched how fast Yugyeom ran away before Youngjae got to get his revenge on the youngest. Yes, moment like that is what Mark really needed at the moment.

Yes, laughter is all he needed at that moment.

 

“Where are we going, Bam?” Jackson asked his boyfriend who has dragged him out of the bed in the early morning to somewhere he has no idea where to. Jackson just followed where his younger boyfriend led him to.

“It’s a surprise, Jacky.” Bam Bam smiled excitingly at his boyfriend, completely unaware of the older uncomfortable look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter