Chapter 26

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

"You sure you don't want me to send you back?" Seohyun nodded as she looked up at the grey clouds that loomed above. "Yeah, my mom should be on her way now. I promised to have dinner with her so I have to keep the promise." Yoona nodded as she gave Seohyun a goodbye hug before getting into the driver's seat and zooming off. Seohyun glanced at the dark sky again as she hurriedly took out her phone to ask her mom of her whereabouts.

The rain that ensued was nothing short of a thunderstorm as the skies opened up and the rain poured down in sheets. Seohyun sat at the porch as she shivered and tried shielding herself from the rain that was seeping in. Glancing at her phone, she wiped the moisture off the screen as she awaited the reply from her mom. Politely declining yet another offer from a staff to send her back, Seohyun called her mom again and the busy tone greeted her ears as she slumped back onto her bench in defeat. A kid came up to her and tugged at her sleeve to catch her attention. Handing over a thick windbreaker and a mug of steaming hot chocolate to her, the kid quickly ran off before Seohyun could say or do anything.

Seohyun wrapped her hands around the warm mug of hot chocolate to warm herself up. A smile slowly grew on her face as she noticed the chocolate sauce sketch of Tamama on the foam.. After snapping a few pictures, Seohyun took a sip and paused as the familiar taste slowly enveloped her. It was a taste she had always remembered and missed. The taste of the slightly overdone foam on top combined with the terrible ratioing between chocolate and milk hit her in the face like a sledge hammer as she sharply turned around and searched frantically around the porch and campus. Tear drops started flowing down her cheeks yet again as she knew in an instant who Tamama was. Questions after questions popped up in her mind as she ran around the campus like a mad woman failing to see the grey hooded figure hidden in the darkness behind the stairways.

==================================================================================================================

The figure pulled up the zip higher in the bid to escape from the coldness of the rain drops. Having given his windbreaker away, he shivered in the cold as he clapped his hands together in the bid to stay warm. A horn sounded in the distance as he turned to glanced in the direction of the sound. Noticing a familiar figure stepping from inside the car, he scrunched his eyes in order to see who it was. When he realised whom the person was, he turned sharply on his heels and ran in the opposite direction. Pounding footsteps behind him indicated that he was being chased after as he put on some speed into his track and made haste. Pounding hard down the cold asphalt path, he panted heavily as he attempted break away from the pursuer but to no avail. Finally deciding to give up, he slumped down against a bench as he fought to regulate his breathing once again.

The figure caught up swiftly as she held on to the side of the bench and gasped in reply. "YA! Do you even remotely think you can outrace me? I created the legendary 100m dash record when I was only a primary school kid." Grabbing hold of the hood, Yoona pulled it off in one fluid movement to the reveal a pair of beautiful eyes that stared back at her through the two holes in a black ski mask. Angrily, she cursed the guy's creativity before attempting to pull off the ski mask next. A fight ensued between them as they both rolled around on the ground. One fought to keep the ski mask on while the other fought to pull it off. Yoona finally managed to push the guy into a corner forcing him to unmask himself.

The guy slowly pulled his ski mask off revealing the face of Cho Kyuhyun. His face was flushed from all the running and battling for control as he leant against the wall and caught his breath back. Yoona stared at this unexpected outcome as she didn't expect Kyuhyun to be back so soon. "Why are you back now? I thought you got accepted by the MIT or something for a 5 years degree course?"" Kyuhyun shrugged as he slowly breathe in and out through his nose "There is something known as an exemption you know? The courses I did in Seoul made the MIT give me a two years exemption so I am back.now. Plus, there is someone very important to me that makes me want to come back earlier for.." Yoona held him by the collar of his shirt as she  slammed him hard against the wall and commented sarcastically "You mean for your wife and children." Kyuhyun winced from the pan that flared down his back as he repeated Yoona's words slowly "Wife and Children? What the hell are you talking about?"

Yoona twisted the cloth she held in her grip as the anger flared up within her "Stop the denial and just drop acting like the good guy, we have all seen the blissful family potrait you took with that so called ex girlfriend of yours." Kyuhyun thought hard as he racked his brains for the family potrait he had supposedly taken and finally burst out in laughter when he realised what Yoona was refering to.  Removing his shirt from her vice like grip, he smoothen it back as he laughed at the joke of the year. "You think I am married to Tiffany and we have childrens? Ya Im Yoona, I just confessed my love to Seohyun so how is it even remotely possible that I will suddenly get married?" Taking out his phone, he scrolled through the gallery before opening up a picture and showing it to Yoona. Pointing to a shorty that stood with her arms wrapped protectively around Tiffany he gestured to Yoona to take a closer look. "This is who Tiffany is married to. I was merely the best man for their wedding. As for the child, well, you can somehow say thats technically my kid." Yoona jolted her head up at Kyuhyun's words as the anger within her that had subsided slowly seethed up again. Kyuhyun put his hands out in the bid to calm Yoona down before she could attack him again and completed his sentence fully. "Chill, chill. I said that kid is technically mine because I loaned them my genes for artificial insemination, So thats the only reason why that kid technically belongs to me as well. Plus, I am her god father so she's also logically like my own children to me. By the way, congratulations on getting together with Seohyun. I saw the intimacy you guys shared so I am assuming you managed to win her heart over right?"

Yoona slumped against the wall upon hearing the last sentence as the tears slowly rolled down her cheeks. Brushing it away with the glove on her hands she commented bitterly "If only that was the case." Kyuhyun studied the sudden change in expression on Yoona's face as he chewed on his lower lips in puzzlement. The tears continued flowing as Yoona gave up brushing it away and allowed it to flow freely down her cheek. "Its been 3 years since you last disappeared and in this 3 years, I did everything I could in the hope to replace the spot you held in her heart but I failed. To Seohyun, you are the only one she had loved and even though you bastardly broke her heart over and over again, that love she harboured for you has never dwindled. If only she was willing to share just a little bit of that love she has for you with me, I would snatch her away from you and bring her to somewhere far far away where she would be mine and only mine. Unfortunately, she only regards me as a sister and a very dear friend." The tears slowly dried up at the completion of her sentence. Placing an arm on Kyuhuyn's shoulder, Yoona sniffed as she forced out a weak smile on her tear stained face "If you really do love her as much as you claimed, then go get her. Don't make her wait aimlessly like an idiot anymore. So what if you are siblings? If you really love her and you know she loves you as well, then to hell with the sibling relationship you supposedly have. Haven't you heard that love transcend everything?" Turning her back on Kyuhyun, Yoona slowly walked back towards her car as the smile slowly grew on her face. Whispering against the raindrops that fell against her face, she pulled her jacket closer around her as her own tears rolled down and mingled with the rain. "Seobaby, I just want you to be truly happy again."