Chapter 12

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

The audi zoomed across the highway as Seohyun gripped on to the handle tightly with both her hands. Shrieking, she screamed at Yoona to belt up and slow down as Yoona stucked out a tongue playfully and floored the accelerator taking them to greater speed. They screeched to a stop in front of an amusement park, Yoona opened the car door and stepped out as the crowd that was gathered at the entrance gawked in astonishment. Looking at the car and then the lady that had stepped out from it, they could not decide who the lovelier one was. Yoona walked over and opened the passenger's door to reveal Seohyun who had turned pale from the most exhilarating ride of her life. Seohyun glared at Yoona as best as she could and said in a trembling voice, "You didn't put on a seat belt and you drive too fast." Yoona laughed her voice and shrugged her shoulders before stretching her arm towards Seohyun and offered to support her up.

Accepting the outstretched hand, Seohyun stepped out on shaky legs as the crowd gawked again from the amount of beauty a simple audi could hold. Seohyun had but a minute of rest before she got dragged into the amusement park by Yoona who happily pulled her towards a ride that looked like a flying chair of some sort. Seohyun groaned inwardly feeling her legs jellify once again as she got towed bodily to the first of the many rides that they will experience in the day.

After what seemed like the 20th ride, Yoona finally got a little tired and decided to break for lunch. Stopping at a restaurant nearby where they were, Yoona got them a table with a view of the entire amusement park and Seohyun finally managed to get some rest for her aching feets as she pounded on them with her fists trying to relieve the pressure and pain they were experiencing. A huge dark shadow loomed over her as and she turned to see two menancing guys standing right behind her. One was bald and huge and fats spilled out from the tight purple t shirt he was wearing making him look like round plum of some sort. He had two hotdog buns in his hands and he smiled when Seohyun turned to look at him. The other one on the other hand was tall no doubt but he looked fierce in his black leather jackets and boots. Seohyun could see tattoos where the skin was revealed and his unshaven face was set with a serious expression completing his intimidating look. He nodded curtly at Seohyun and reached out a finger to point at Yoona who had her head buried in the menu trying to decide what to have for lunch.

Seohyun nudged Yoona with her legs under the table and she waved her hands at her pretending she was really busy. Seohyun turned back to the guys and they both now had their index fingers pointed at Yoona. Seohyun tried nudging Yoona again with her legs and Yoona finally raised her head away from the menu and screamed at the two men behind Seohyun. "YAH! Which part of I NEED A BREAK do you guys not understand?" The guys both bowed deeply at Yoona when they saw her and she slapped her hand hard on her forehead. "Just fuc.... " Yoona turned to look at Seohyun who sat there with a worried expression on her face as she looked at how Yoona was interacting with these two scary men. "Go away ok? I am on a break today." The fiercer one of the two of them piped up "But miss, we really need your help this time. The situation in the room now is really tense and only you can resolve it." Yoona sighed deeply and turned to look at Seohyun once more. "Seobaby, do you mind if we take a side trip today?" Seohyun nodded blankly as Yoona walked over to her seat and took her hands in her leading her back to where the car was parked.

In the car, the fiercer guy drove with a seirous expression on his face while the fat one sat beside him in the passenger seat worriedly chomping on hotdog buns. He took one out from his pocket and offered it to Seohyun who sat in the backseat and she politely reject his offer. Yoona had been facing the window all these while as she stared silently at the sceneries that flew past them. Seohyun looked at down at her hands which was still entwined with Yoona's and noticed for the first time the roughness of the calluses on her knuckles. Yoona had briefly explained to her where they were going during the journey and she felt amazed and yet symphatetic at the responsibility Yoona had to shoulder at her age.

//Flashback

"Where are we going now?" Seohyun whispered as the two guys took the lead and a path was cleared instantly amidst the business of the amusement park

"We are going to my house. There is something I have to settle." Yoona looked tired as she sighed deeply once more.

"But these two guys seemed scary. They are?"

Seohyun looked at the two guys in front and shuddered

Yoona tightened her grip a little on Seohyun's hands to reassure her and smiled

"Don't worry, the round one over there is nicknamed Ddong Ddong and the fierce one over there is known as Lupin. He has been calling himself that ever since he fell in love with the song KARA sang."

Yoona cleared as she continued

"They may look fierce to the others but to me they are harmless. I practically grew up with them. They were both taken in by my grandfather when they were babies. Their parents had died serving my granddad and so they kind of took up the responsibility of serving me."

Seohyun nodded as she looked a little less tensed up.

"So the rumors are true. Your grand dad is some sort of a triad leader."

"Yeah, its hard to deny after what happened on my first day of school." Yoona shrugged her shoulders

"So why are you the one they approach for help now? Why not go to your grand dad instead?"

Yoona smile faded  "He's sick and thus I am now taking over the responsibility he once held."

"What about your parents?" Seohyun asked

"They died when I was young." Yoona turned to look outside the window as she ended the conversation there and then.

//End of flashback