Chapter 22

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Yoona jolted up from the hospital bed as cold sweat poured off her face and damped the back of the hospital gown she had on. Sensing an abnormality in the surrounding atmosphere, she whipped her phone out as the pale backlight illuminated her worried face. Dialing the 1st speed dial number stored in her phone, Yoona waited for someone to pick up the call as the phone just kept ringing and ringing incessantly. The name Seobaby flashed up on the screen as the call ended for the third time. Yoona could sense that something was wrong with Seohyun as it was 9am now and knowing her too well, Yoona concluded that Seohyun would most probably be on her way to school.Throwing on a jacket over her hospital gown, Yoona plucked the catherer off her wrist as she applied pressure directly over it with her right hand to stem the blood flow.

A peek of the view outside her door revealed no nurses nor doctors. A solitary man from her granddad's gang was dozing off on one of the chairs outside as his head nodded repeatedly into his lap. Opening only a crack, Yoona silently slipped out as she gently closed the door behind her taking care not to let it slam. Padding softly down the corridor in the slippers the hospital provided, Yoona managed to showhow blend into the morning crowd as she kept the hood over her head and tried acting normally. Yoona managed to jostled her way to the taxi stand as she boarded a cab and told the driver to head over to school as she provided him with the campus address. Arriving in school, Yoona ran around trying hard to ignore the flaring pain by the side of her neck as she tried searching high and low for Seohyun. Bursting into Seohyun tutorial classroom, Yoona apologised as 20 eyes turned to looked in her direction and she slowly backed out after realising that Seohyun wasn't one of them.

Realising that Seohyun hadn't gone to school that day, Yoona quickly tried getting into another cab but the morning rush hour prevented her from getting any as she gave up after 10 minutes and ran all the way to where Seohyun lived. Pounding on the metal gate of the place Seohyun lived in, Yoona clutched the side of her neck tightly as a fresh wave of blood slowly streamed its way past her fingers and trickled down between her fingers. Seohyun's mom opened the door as she stared at Yoona puzzledly through red and puffy eyes. After explaining that she was Seohyun's schoolmate, Yoona was allowed access into the main living area of the house as the sight of a man yeling angrily over a phone greeted her entrance. He stopped and smiled a little at her as he continued his ramblings The name Kyuhyun and MIT greeted her ears as Yoona politely enquired from Seohyun's mom on the whereabouts of Seohyun. Pointed to the ceiling, Seohyun's mom indicated that she was upstairs in her room. Excusing herself, Yoona bowed politely as she slowly made her way upstairs.

Knocking precariously on a wooden door, Yoona heard silence as she slowly opened the door and apologised to whoever was inside for her insolent behaviour as gentle sobbing sounds emanated from the direction of the bed. Rushing over to where the bed was, Yoona saw a lump beneath a thick duvet and forcefully pried it open to revealing Seohyun who had her face buried in that giant Keroro of hers and was all curled up into a small roundish ball. Realising that the sobbing sounds were coming from Seohyun, Yoona pulled Seohyun up to face her as she noticed that Seohyun's face were covered with wet streaks of tears. Wrapping her arms around her, Yoona pulled Seohyun into her embrace as Seohyun's tears quickly wetted the thin jacket she had on. Noticing a crumpled up piece of paper by the side of the bed, Yoona quickly put two and two together as the sound of Seohyun repeating the words "He's gone. The person whom I love and loves me is gone." filled her ear drums, bringing the long forgotten tears into her own eyes as well.

Blinking back the tears that threaten to burst out from her eye well, Yoona tightened the grip she had on Seohyun as she whispered silently "Since he has decided to give up the fight so easily, then let me be the one to love you and to take care of you from now on. Cho Kyuhyun, since you don't know how to truly appreciate someone whom you claim is so important to you, then let me give you a lesson in life the hard way. From now on, Seohyun is mine and I will do my utmost best to provide for her the love, care and concern she deserves."