Chapter 21

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

The doctors came rushing at the sound of Tiffany's scream and Yoona was loaded onto a stretcher and rushed into the surgical ward to restitch back the stitches that have split open in the exertion earlier. A fresh bandage was replaced before she was sent back to the ward. Yoona had regained consciousness then and she was surprised when a pair of arms were thrown around her shoulder when she was wheeled into the ward. A sobbing Seohyun greeted her "where the hell were you? Do you know how worried i was when I woke up and couldn't find you anywhere?" Yoona smiled as she returned the hug as best as she could. Gently patting Seohyun's back she whispered softly into her ears "don't worry. I won't leave you to be by yourself again."

The house was black when Seohyun got home and she started wondering where Kyuhyun could be. The sound of her ringtone interrupted her thoughts as she smiled at the name that was displayed on the screen. Picking up the phone, a whine filled her ears just as she was taking her shoes off "Seobaby, the hospital's food taste horrible. Can you imagine, they just throw some weirdly colored carrots and some piece of soggy vegetables into this watery looking rice and call it porridge. Where's the meat???? Don't they understand the meaning of I need more protein to get well faster." Seohyun laughed as she opened the door of her room and laid on the bed. All thoughts on the whereabouts of Kyuhyun were brushed aside as she comforted Yoona as best as she could over the phone.

Its been the 5th day since the sudden disappearance of Kyuhyun. Thankfully for Seohyun she was kept busy entertaining the many antics of Yoona who always seem to have a complain or two about the hospital up her sleeves. Seohyun got home that night after visiting Yoona in the hospital and was pleasantly surprised to see that her house was brightly litted. Opening the door, she was surprised by a sudden embrace from her parents as they greeted her in fluent French "Mi amour. Tu Me manques" Seohyun looked puzzledly at her parents who explained to her that it means I miss you my love. She smiled as they all got together in a hug again.

Kyuhyun quietly opened the bedroom door as the light from the corridor illuminated the peaceful sleeping face of Seohyun. Parking his luggage carrier outside, he slipped in silently as he carefully sat down on the empty space beside her. He brushed her bangs back delicately as a trail of tears slowly formed on his cheeks. Wiping it away on his sleeves, Kyuhyun gently bent down to kiss Seohyun on her forehead as he moved his way downwards slowly. When he got to her lips, he paused as his face hovered above hers for a while. Whispering silently in his heart he closed his eyes as he allowed their lips to meet briefly "Just let me treat you as someone I really really loved for a moment." After the kiss, he turned his back as he stood up and closed the door behind him. A drop of tears rolled down the corner of Seohyun's eyes as the door clicked shut. The sound of a luggage carrier on the steps sounded fader and fader as Kyuhyun got further and further away. A note taped to the cabinet beside Seohyun's bed read :

Seohyun,
By the time you see this note, I would have already boarded the plane bound for the United States of America. I am sorry for leaving so suddenly but I really need some time to sort my thinking and myself out. For the 5 days I was away, all my thoughts were about you. Your smile, the scent of your hair, the way you always lecture me to live my life more precariously and every little thing you said and did has all been flashing through my mind like a broken down record player. Maybe Tiff is right after all, I have fallen madly in love with you even though you are my sister. This is a whole new feeling for me and I am so not ready yet. Forgive me for choosing the cowardly way out but please give me sometime and I promise you I will come back one day when I am ready to be more than an oppa to you. For now, I am sorry.
Love
Cho Kyuhyun