Chapter 23

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Seohyun finally stopped sobbing after crying her heart out and turned to look at the clock behind. Realizing that it's been two hours since Yoona's arrival she smiled as she gently nudged the sleeping Yoona to release her from her embrace. When Yoona didn't respond to her, Seohyun tried again a little harder as Yoona's arms fell limply to her sides and she slumped back with her eyes closed onto Seohyun's bed. Feeling a wet patch on her shoulder area, Seohyun raised her hand to touch it only to bring it back covered in Yoona's blood. Turning Yoona to her side, Seohyun noticed the bandage on Yoona's neck was soaked through as fresh blood continued trickling out of the red bandage and onto her pillow. Seohyun screamed out at the sight drawing the attention of her parents who promptly called for an ambulance. Yoona was rushed to the hospital under the accompaniment of Seohyun and her parents and the doctors had to patch her up yet again.

Seohyun entered into Yoona's ward after Yoona's grandad had left and sternly stared at Yoona who raised her arms up to her side in mock surrender "Ok... I know I am in the wrong from escaping from the hospital but I felt you were in agony and I somehow had to come to you. So even though the doctor and granddad had reprimanded me already, you may still scold all you want, I am ready." Closing her eyes, Yoona braced herself for the third cautioning of the day and unexpectedly felt a soft pair of arms wrapping itself around her neck. Opening her eyes, she found Seohyun's head buried in the crook of her neck as Seohyun spoke in a soft whisper "Thanks for everything you have done for me. I cannot imagine how my life would be if I hadn't met you." Yoona slowly raised her arms as she returned the hug and closed her eyes to fully enjoy the blissful moment she was experiencing.

==================================================

Yoona's tummy growled as she opened up the drawer beside her and brought out a packet of food from it. Seohyun noticed that it wasn't what the hospital usually provided and her eyebrows furrowed a little as Yoona happily tucked into the food without any concerns for the potential dangers that could arise from eating food from unknown sources. Pointing to the packet of food, Seohyun tried questioning Yoona who she got it from. Yoona looked up from the food as she shrugged her shoulders "I seriously don't know. Ever since last year, I have been receiving packets of food or gifts from this person that refuse to reveal who he/she is. Oh well, the food is nice anyway and you do know how bad the hospital food is. So... Whoever the person is, he/she is an angel in my eyes." Rolling her eyes at Yoona's comments, Seohyun broke into a smile as she watched over Yoona, reminding her occasionally to chew her food properly and not just scoff it up like that.

Yoona eventually got well and was allowed to be discharged after lying on the hospital bed for days and days. Kyuhyun was still uncontactable and the only news Seohyun found out from her parents was that he was accepted into the renowned MIT for a degree course that would last for five years. Tiffany had also returned back to the States as well to complete her degree and a year later, Seohyun saw a picture of her in a wedding gown taken with her arms hooked in Kyuhyun's on twitter with the captions "I am finally married". Fresh tears brimmed in her eyes when she saw how happy they looked in the picture and she could feel her heart shattering into many pieces again. Forcing out a smile, Seohyun uttered a blessing for the two of them as the tears washed down her face unbridledly yet again.