Chapter 24

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

3 years has passed since Kyuhyun's sudden departure. The last update Seohyun had of him was the wedding photo she saw on Tiffany's twitter. The next update showed Tiffany showing her round tummy off in what she claimed was the latest fashion for maternity dresses and the last picture Seohyun saw was a picture of Tiffany and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun had his arms draped casually around Tiffany's shoulder as she carried a baby in her arms. The baby was swaddled in a pink blanket and had her eyes closed as she clenched the tiny fist of hers. The both of them were smiling proudly at the camera as the caption above read "its a girl!!!"

Seohyun smiled bitterly at the photo as she traced the jawline of Kyuhyun through the cold and hard computer monitor with her index finger. The tears welled up in her eyes and erupted out uncontrollably like a water fountain as it cascaded down her cheeks creating little streams of tear lines. The tear drops passed through the mascara, smudging it and darkening the eyes which has swelled up from the many silent nights of crying she had put herself through. The note Kyuhyun had written slipped from between her trembling fingers as it fell onto the carpeted bedroom floor silently. It was covered with transparent duct tape and was all torn and tattered from the frequent reading and handling. Seohyun had tore it up that night she saw the wedding photo Tiffany had posted up with Kyuhyun and then regretted her decision. It took her 2 hours to tape the paper back but she knew it would take her much much longer to piece back the broken heart she harboured.

========================================================================================================================

Seohyun carefully hid her puffy eyes as she applied on the last layer of makeup before dashing down the steps taking two or three at one go. A blaring horn sounded outside her gates as she burst out through the door and apologised profusely at Yoona who had finally stopped leaning her palm on the horn returning the much welcomed peace and quiet to the neighbourhood Seohyun lived in. Getting into the passenger seat, Seohyun whined about not getting enough sleep as she settled herself inside Yoona's car. Yoona reached out a hand to brush her bangs back as she told her to get some rest first.  Seohyun nodded as she leant back against the seat and closed her eyes. Yoona was about to reach behind and grab a blanket from the backseat when a car filtered onto their lane without any warning signals. Yoona had to swerve before their cars collided tail to tail as she furiously high beamed and horned at the reckless driver. The windows of the car in front rolled down and a middle finger replaced the apology wave Yoona was expecting. Seohyun opened her eyes upon hearing incessant blaring of the horns and noticed the fury on Yoona's face. Yoona glanced over at Seohyun who nodded at her as she hurriedly sat up and tightened her grip on the handle by her left. Yoona floored the accelerator and the car's engine growled angrily in reponse as if it was reciprocating the anger she felt. Their car surged forward closing the gap rapidly between their vehicle and the one in front of them as Yoona turned the steering wheel sharply to the left in the bid to overtake the vehicle in front of them. Catching up with the guy that had shown her the rude sign language, Yoona steadied her car on the left lane beside him as they raced neck to neck against each other.  The guy sat in his car with a smug look on his face as he lightly tapped Yoona's vehicle with the side of his bumper in the bid to force her off the lane beside her. Yoona casted a quick glance at  where Seohyun was seating to ensure that she was okay and she noticed that Seohyun had turned as pale as a sheet of paper. Taking a deep breath to force herself to calm down, Yoona made her decision in a split second as she gently eased her foot off the accelerator pedal and slowed her vehicle down. The guy on the right lane zoomed past her as he blared his horn as a form of a victory and yelled out the word loser from the opened car window of his.

Resting her hand on top of Seohyun's, Yoona brought her car to the road shoulder and stopped for a while to allow Seohyun to have a chance to calm her nerves down. Rolling down the car's window, Seohyun closed her eyes as she took in deep breaths of the cool morning air which helped to slowly calmed her pounding heart down. She felt a squeeze on her hand as she reopened her eyes and turned to look into the face of a very worried looking Yoona who was apologising profusely for her reckless driving earlier. Gently shaking her head, Seohyun returned the squeeze as she managed to smile weakly "I think I am starting to get used to you and your horrible driving skills." Yoona cracked up at Seohyun's so called joke and the atmosphere in the car grew lighter as the two of them shared a warm laughter together.

==========================================================================================================

They finally arrived at the campus grounds admist the random whisperings of the juniors and seniors around them. It was their third year in school and they had kind of gotten used to hearing the whispered words by her schoolmates about her. The only difference was that it was all negative stuffs in the past like how weirdly Seohyun looked or how fierce Yoona was but now the whispers were mainly about their somehow natural beauty or how nice their characters was and how much they love them and so on. The people in campus had finally started noticing how beautiful they were only after the sudden departure of the previous school idol Kyuhyun and this increased their popularity tenfolds as little fanclubs were formed for them and fanboys and girls oogled after them everywhere they went. 

Taking a step back, Yoona and Seohyun counted to three as they popped open their lockers unisonly and a mountain of letters erupted from within it as if it was a volcano that contained molten lava. Scooping up a whole bunch of letters, Yoona carried it in her arms and dumped it into the rubbish bin nearby. Yoona swore she could hear the many hearts shattering into pieces as her fanclub watch the letters which contains their undying love being heartlessly dumped like a piece of trash. A group of fanboys and girls wailed in the distance as they watch their letters ending up in the dumpster while another group found Yoona's icyness impossibly cool and charming as they tried transmitting their undying passion for her by oogling as much as they could around her.

On the other hand, Seohyun was trying her level best to pack as many letters as neatly as she could into a recycling bag she had brought along. Yoona had finished dumping her share and turned back to help the slow Seohyun who was still busy stuffing the many letters that laid on the campus floorings. Seohyun bowed deeply toward her fanclub in the bid to thank them for their love and earning herself a loud melting sound in response. Throwing the rest of the letters into Seohyun's recycling bag, Yoona entwined her hands in Seohyun's in the bid to steer her towards the classroom before they got scolded for being late. Seohyun noticed a lone letter against the black tiles of the locker room and bent over to pick up in her hands. Turning it over, she noticed that it was sealed with a Keroro sticker and that somehow caught her attention as she held it in her hands and followed Yoona back to their classroom.

In the classroom, Seohyun's attention kept getting drawn away from the lecturer in front as she glanced many times at the letter which was still in her hands. Feeling a head on her shoulder, Seohyun smiled as she snuggled a little closer towards Yoona who had fallen asleep as usual and slowly opened the letter in her hands. A polaroid shot of a barren and empty field fell out from inside the envelope together with a note that read

"Hi,

This is my first letter to you, I don't know if you will eventually get to read this but if you do, All I want to say for now is Hi. You maybe wondering what exactly this snapshot is suppose to be. Well, all I can reveal for now is that, this is a record of my love for you.

Love

Tamama

A sketch of a Tamama ended the letter as Seohyun carefully folded it back and placed it back inside the envelope. The movements of her actions roused Yoona a little as she looked up sleepily at Seohyun and nudged her quietly as she whispered "Seobaby, why are you grinning like an idiot?" Seohyun snapped out of her trance at Yoona's words and noticed that she was indeed beaming away. Shaking her head a little, Seohyun forced herself to snap out of it as she refocused her attention onto the lecturer in front who was explaining about the economy growth in year 2011. Yoona shrugged as she scratched the back of her head a little and rested once again on Seohyun's shoulder.