Chapter 17

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Seohyun entered the door and heard giggling noises coming from the living room. Her brows creased as she walked in to see Kyuhyun and Tiffany in the middle of a tickling competition. Dvd were strewned all over the floors as the two of them tousled and tangled together wtih their hand around each other's waist. Tiffany stopped when she saw Seohyun entering and nudged Kyuhyun with her elbow. Kyuhyun looked up and waved at Seohyun who had turned very pale at seeing Kyuhyun straddled on top of Tiffany as the both of them panted hard from the extertion earlier. Maintaining her composure, Seohyun smiled at the both of them and excused herself as she climbed up the stairs leading to her room. The giggling sounds sounded again behind her as Seohyun ran upstairs, closed the door behind her and laid on her bed covering her ears with the pillow in the attempt to shut out all the noise that were emitting from the living room.

The tears that had stopped previously erupted again as Seohyun buried her head into the giant keroro from Kyuhyun and cried her heart out. A knocking sounded on the door as Kyuhyun and Tiffany's heads popped in and Seohyun hurriedly dried her tears and pretended to be asleep. Waving the dvd in their hands, they excitedly asked  "Seohyun do you want to join us for a dvd marathon?" Seohyun waved her hands and coughed a little pretending to be sick as she continued to have her back faced against them in fear of them seeing her tear stained face and puffy eyes. Kyuhyun heard her cough and walked over to sit on the empty space on her bed and worriedly placed his forehead over Seohyun's to check if she had a fever or something. Noticing her tear stained face and puffy eyes, he thought she was crying from being overly sick as he told Tiffany to go ahead and start the dvd session without him. Tiffany nodded as she observed the intimacy between Kyuhyun and Seohyun and smiled to herself a little as she exited Seohyun's room and headed downstairs. "Hyunnie, I guess your heart has changed in the 3 years without me. Thats good cause that way I will feel less guilty then."

Kyuhyun got a basin of water and towel from the toilet as he carefully cleaned the tearstains off Seohyun's face. Seohyun looked into his eyes and felt the stir in her heart again from the caring looks he was giving her. She closed her eyes and tried to tell herself that he was just her brother but when she felt him carefully brushing her bangs back and then lying down to rest beside her, her heart was confused again as she felt his arms slowly encircling her waist. Gentle snoring started momentarily after as Kyuhyun snuggled closer towards her back and she felt his even breathing on the back of her neck. A drop of tear slide down the corner of her eye as Seohyun felt her pillow wet with her tears again. This time she didn't know if it was tears of sadness or happiness anymore.

=============================================================================================================

Seohyun awoke the next morning and saw a note by the side of her bed

Seohyun,

Me and Tiffany have left for school first. I have taken leave for you but knowing you, I have only taken leave for your morning lessons.

PS : I made breakfast and its sitting on the dining table downstairs

PPS : Its not poisoned this time so you can eat it freely.

Love

Oppa

Seohyun smiled to herself as she padded over to the toilet to wash herself up. When she looked in the mirror, she was shocked to see that both her eyes were puffy and red from crying through the night. Hurriedly washing herself up, she applied on some cream to reduce the puffiness and headed downstairs for breakfast. Half expecting reddish looking eggs and bluish looking sausages again, she was pleasantly surprised to see a rather normal looking egg toast sitting on the plate. Opening up the bread, she laughed a little when she saw the brownish almost burnt looking egg in between 2 not so burnt toast. A note beneath the plate caught her attention as she picked it up gingerly and laughed even harder after seeing the contents

Don't laugh. This is already my best attempt!!! >_<

Seohyun bit into the egg toast and found the sandwich to be relatively nice if you exclude the mild burnt taste on your tongue and the occasional egg shells. Finishing her breakfast, she carried the plate into the kitchen to wash up and saw at least 10 eggs of varying burntness inside the rubbish bin by the stove and the amount of burnt toast that was beside it was uncountable. Face palming herself, she set about cleaning up the kitchen and removing his evidence of food wastage as a smile slowly developed on her face. It was the smile of bliss and happiness that reminded her of why she is so in love with Kyuhyun.