Chapter 10

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Seohyun woke up the next day morning and realised she had fallen asleep on the couch. She found herself hugging onto something warm as she moved back a little and opened her eyes fully. She looked into the sleeping face of Kyuhyun which was merely inches away from hers. That was when she thought back to the night before and remembered what had happened. She remembered hiding in his embrace to escape from the chilliness of the night and the scary scenes that was being played on tv. She vaguely remembered him saying something before feeling a soft touch on her head. Then everything went blank after that. Looking at the sleeping face of Kyuhyun, Seohyun realised how pretty he looked from this angle. Gently giggling inwardly, she reached out to trace his jawline as she imagined how beautiful he will look in a girly frock and with makeup on. The touch roused him a little and Seohyun hurriedly rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes pretending to be asleep.

Kyuhyun felt a gentle contact on his face stirring him from his sleep. He moved a little only to realise there was a warm pair of arms around his waist. Opening his eyes, the morning sunlight greeted him as he raised an arm to shield his eyes from the bright sunlight that streamed in through the blinds. Looking down, he was greeted by the top of Seohyun's head and realised she had her head on his chest and was still happily sleeping away. The smell of her shampoo radiated from her hair as he sniffed a little and realise that it smells really nice. The warmth from her body combined with the smell on her hair felt like a really comfortable quilt to him. Taking in a a deep breath, he enjoyed the smell once more before breaking out into a smile. Unable to resist the temptation, Kyuhyun gently kissed the top of her head as he laid his chin on top and fell asleep once more.

Seohyun felt the kiss on her head as she secretly opened her eyes and a blank look appeared on her face. She could feel her cheeks heating up rapidly and there was this tingle that started from where the kiss landed and spreaded through her body all the way down to her toes. The feelings she got was really mixed as she kind of liked it but yet it felt wrong at the same time. She took a while to settle her emotions down as the feelings of wrong and right battled inside of her. The gentle thumping of Kyuhyun's heart in his ribcage did nothing to help as every thump seems to just further reddened her and was pushing her towards the brink of no return.

Seohyun decided to just stop all this first as she really needed to calm herself down. She pretended to wake up and left the warm body of Kyuhyun reluctantly as he continued to sleep on the couch. The smile on his face made her heart skip a beat and she hurriedly turned her face towards the other direction and half ran half walked towards the direction of the toilet. Rushing into the toilet, she hurriedly lock the door behind her and gripped the sides of the basin. Turning on the cold water nozzle, she splashed cold water on her face to calm herself down and to cool that face that had turned so red and hot from all the blushing it did. She then lowered the seat of the toilet and sat down as she fanned herself with her hands. Different thoughts ran around inside her head and she was tempted to knock her head against the wall to stop all the thoughts from swimming around in her mind. The one particular thought that was prominent in her mind was that she liked Kyuhyun a lot. The other prominent thought that kept interferring with it was the thought that Kyuhyun was her own brother. It would be  if she liked him. But a little voice kept reminding her that he was only her brother in name and that they have no blood relations whatsoever. All these thoughts battled to be on top as she finally couldn't take it anymore and screamed as loud as she could in the toilet.

A banging sound on the toilet's door hased all the thoughts away in an instant and when she opened the door, she looked into the worried face of Kyuhyun who had both his fists raised up in mid pound. When he saw her, he cupped her face immediately and asked her if everything was alright. She fell into a slight daze from the touch of his hands on her face and nodded quietly as she lied that she just saw a bug of some sort in the showers. He smiled and ruffled her hair as the rumbling sound from his tummy greeted her. He pouted a little as he pushed her towards the kitchen complaining that he was hungry and she should hurry up and make breakfast before he does it himself and end up burning down the kitchen again. Seohyun laughed at words as she remembered the black mess of a fish she saw in the frying pan the day before. Donning an apron, she turned towards the stove and started on breakfast preparation.

A warm pair of arms circled around her waist making her jump as Kyuhyun leaned his head on her shoulder to see what she was doing. The pout continued on his face as he rushed her incessantly telling her he was hungry. Seohyun shooked her head as she speeded up her actions a ltitle. Breakfast was served and watching him tuck in to her cookings, Seohyun realised that the thought of liking him was growing larger and larger in her brains. Sighing, she poked at the sandwich in front of her and wondered what she should do to curb these wrong feelings.