~ the AFTER STORY ~

(LeoN/NEO) The World of Us

A/N - Please read Dream.scape, the sequel of the World of Us in order to understand this after story better as it relates to a chapter of it's sequel.

 

[the AFTER STORY]

‘An Eternity’

 

 

Pinewoods was once a small town and a rather lively town where its people were as close as family. There was no longer a government to rule its lands after Soo-ah’s father left to look for his daughter but its people who remained there was still content.

They have always been a simplye and lighthearted town, until that one day where the darkness lurked amongst their lands.

In the forest not too far from the town was a door.

A door that was hidden deep within the woods where no one would ever dare to venture inside. It was a door where everything began and a door that connected both the human world and the Underworld.

The door itself was sealed tightly for many centuries since it was last opened and the key no longer exists. It’s protectors at the time also sealed away their powers as Gods in order to live peacefully in Pinewoods as humans.

The four of them – Hakyeon, Taekwoon, Ravi, and Hyuk watched over Pinewoods as humans for a long time ever since they came back from the Underworld. They had the abilities to look a certain age in order to fool the town that they were growing as old as they were. But in reality, their longevity remained because they were still secretly Gods. They were still quite ‘immortal’.

Jaehwan though, had lost his powers as a God and eventually lived as a human. But because of his sudden lost in powers, his body could no longer endure the changes and suffered again from several humanly diseases. Hongbin, as the only true human of the group eventually had to age as all mortals would and passed away due to old age. But the six of them were still connected by an undeniable fate.

Both Jaehwan and Hongbin were reincarnated once again in Pinewoods. They retained their memories of their previous lives with the other four and vowed that the six of them would always be together for an eternity.

The group who thought that their last battle had sealed away the door completely and that no one could ever access the Underworld ever again. But little did they know, that the two Dark ones were still inside of the Underworld, battling to the brink of death in order to prove who is most worthy to the throne for King.

The Dark Hakyeon and the Dark Taekwoon’s battles only made their powers grow even more to the point that their strengths could no longer be contained within the Underworld.

Even though Jaehwan was reincarnated as a human, he was still once the descendent of the God of the Heavens. He was eventually summoned back to his origins and granted his powers as a God again in order to help maintain order of the universe and protect the worlds with his friends.

Hongbin also fought bravely along his teacher, Ravi, as well.

After their long struggles, the darkness was locked away again and both the Dark Hakyeon and the Dark Taekwoon was banished into a world that wasn’t too far from Heaven but not far from Hell either. It was a place where everything was unpredictable and no one would be able to know what awaits the future of the two Dark ones.

~

“It’s so bright,” Hakyeon said as he laid there on Taekwoon’s lap and patting on Hyuk’s head.

Hyuk was in his hellhound form and fast asleep with both Hakyeon and his master.

“Is this better?” Taekwoon asked as he covered Hakyeon’s eyes a bit from the sun with his large hands.

“Heh. A bit,” Hakyeon chuckled at the latter’s actions.

“How are you feeling?” Taekwoon asked.

“Just a bit tired,” Hakyeon took Taekwoon’s hands and held it tightly yet gently.

“You’ve been through a lot.”

“So have you.”

The two of them almost couldn’t believe it as they watched over the small town from the distance. It felt just like yesterday when the town was covered in darkness and the sun was no longer there.

“Do you think those two will be okay?” Hakyeon asked.

“Mhmm. It was your choice after all. I believe in you.”

“It wasn’t just my decision though. You all agreed as well that it was the best thing to do instead of… killing them. It would have been too cruel to kill them.”

“Even after all the wrongs they’ve done? Even after putting humanity in danger and bringing chaos to the worlds?”

“But they had no choice!” Hakyeon shot up from his spot. “I felt bad… to know that he never got a chance to live his life because of me. If only I realized it at that time why he was so desperate to be released…”

“Hakyeon-ah,” Taekwoon could see his beloved start to tear as he spoke, “I’m sure they’ll be fine.”

Taekwoon embraced Hakyeon in his arms and caressed his back gently.

“You really think so?”

“Trust me. It was the best for them. Maybe by banishing them into Limbo will allow them to reflect on their actions and a second chance that they could not during our time. Even you and I had done one another wrong and took us this long to get back together. I just hope that eventually, they will learn the emotions they could not while they were a part of us.”

“I hope this is really the right thing to do. I know it’s cruel to place them inside of Limbo but there was no other way were there? If we didn’t do that, Jaehwan’s father would have executed them for their crimes. No matter how evil or dark they were, they were still a part of us two.”

“Don’t worry, I have faith that things will only get better. Right Hyuk-ah?” Taekwoon asked his guardian who woke up from their conversation.

Hyuk let out a big yawn and turned himself into his human form.

“Mhmm!” Hyuk said in a big and reassuring smile.

“Hakyeon-hyung! Taekwoon-hyung!” Someone called their names from a distance.

The three of them turned around to see who it was and a small child came running at them with all his might. It was Hongbin.

“You’re going to tire yourself out with those short legs of yours,” Hakyeon laughed.

“Ya! You see how it feels to be a child again… it’s so weird no matter how many times I’m reincarnated…” Hongbin sulked as he kicked his short legs in the air to vent out his frustrations.

Hongbin as the only human amongst them, was reincarnated countless times throughout the century while still being able to remember his memories of his previous life.

“Are you alone? Where’s Jaehwan and Wonshik?” Taekwoon asked.

“Oh they’re-“

“That’s Ravi to you,” the man appeared suddenly while interrupting Hongbin. He walked up next to the boy and ruffled at the child’s hair.

Hongbin was not pleased.

“It’s about time you get used to it. Wonshikkie suits you better though,” Jaehwan laughed as he joined the rest of the group.

Ravi sighed, unable to argue with his lover. 

“What’s that?” Hakyeon noticed Jaehwan carrying a box of some sort.

“Oh, this? I’m not sure either but it seems to be something for all six of us, so I didn’t open it yet.” Jaehwan said.

“Who is it from?”

Jaehwan shrugged.

The six of them gathered together around the box and Hakyeon took the initiative to open it. As they opened it, they saw a small envelope placed on top.

Then, they noticed a single long red string underneath it.

“What is this?” Hongbin asked.

“Not sure. Let’s see what’s inside the envelope first,” Hyuk suggested.

Hakyeon nodded and opened the envelope.

May the fate between the six of you last for an eternity.

“That’s it?” Jaehwan asked.

“Yeah… “ Hakyeon said as he turned the letter around to see if there was anything else written on it.

“This must be the red string of fate,” Taekwoon said.

“Yeah, but who could possibly have sent us this?”

“Not sure, but it’s kind of nice isn’t it?” Jaehwan smiled.

The others all nodded happily in agreement.

“It’ll be nice to always be together no matter what, don’t you guys think?” Jaehwan asked.

“For an eternity huh? Doesn’t sound bad at all,” Ravi said.

“I’m just worried I’ll get sick of you guys, “Hongbin joked.

“You know you like it too,” Hyuk teased.

The boys laughed and talked happily amongst themselves as the sun began to finally set.

“What’s wrong Hakyeon-ah?” Taekwoon noticed his lover’s eyes grow teary as the six of them watched the sun go down.

“I… I want the six of us to be together as well. Forever. No matter how much time has passed, no matter where we may be in this world or how many lives we’ve come to reincarnate, I wish for the six of us to always remain together. Never changing,’ Hakyeon said.

The other five looked at Hakyeon and were touched by the latter’s words. They remained silent but pleased.

They were definitely bound by some sort of fate to have come across one another and they will always believe that even their beginnings were fate. They will give anything to be together for an eternity.

Hakyeon yawned.

“You tired?” Taekwoon asked as he ruffled the boy’s hair.

“A bit.”

“You must be tired.” Jaehwan yawned as well. “It seems… our time is up.”

The others looked at one another, sad to let go.

“Don’t look like that,” Hakyeon smiled lightly to the worried boys, “we’ll still be together right? The next life, the life after that, and the one after that. Right?”

“Yeah, we will.” Taekwoon said.

As the sun disappeared and the moon brightened the night sky, the six of them fell asleep next to one another underneath the large willow tree. They looked at the lively town one last time before their eyes closed.

This was a place where their story began and the place where their story was ending.

But it doesn’t mean that it is their finale. It was only an invitation for another beginning, another time, and another story.

Thank you for always being here with me and staying by my side.

Hakyeon looked at his friends one last time.

I hope that my other half will also find the people whom he can love and care just as I did.

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * * 

Will this be what you call a true/hidden ending?

I've actually had this idea for awhile to end the story with another ending based on my sequel. I just didn't know where to place it, here or on the sequel? I decided to put it here mainly because of the cast being from TWoU and not D.S. (Can you believe I've had this chapter hidden in my AFF for over two weeks before I decided to publish it?)

Once again, I am happy to return to 'The World of Us' with a bonus story that is connected with my latest chapter of its sequel 'Dream.scape' (Titled: The Past)

Even after this story had been completed, I still get great feedbacks and comments of new readers which makes me really happy to see such love and support for this trilogy. This prequel will always have a special place in my heart as it is my first story that I have ever written in my life. Seriously. 

I had much worries since English isn't my first language but everyone's comments were very supportive and it made me strive to improve. I honestly can't believe it's been over half a year since the first chapter of 'The World of Us' and I'm proud to once again, bring this bonus story that talks about what happens to the group afterwards.

Though the ending is bittersweet, what matters is that they're together and always will be. 

Once again, I hope to continue seeing many of you in my other stories and the many stories I plan to write in the future. Love you all <3