Chapter 02

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter will be Mark POV

 

The next thing I know when I opened my eyes was the announcement made that the plane was about to take landing. I looked to my right side where Bam Bam was currently asleep on my shoulder. I sighed as I woke him up.

“Bam, wake up. Wake up! We’re about to land.” I woke him up.

“We’re arrived?” Bam Bam asked softly while tried to open his eyes. Seeing his cuteness made me smile a bit.

“Yes, sleepy head. The plane is about to land.” I informed the younger as I helped him in tidying up his messy hair. “There, you look ridiculously cute already!”

“I am not cute! I am handsome!” The younger protested which made me laugh at his cuteness. Poor Bam Bam who has been told in his whole life that he’s cute and he hates it; but can’t blame people though; he is cute.

“Yeah, yeah, you’re handsome, not cute anymore.” I just laughed it off as I don’t want to deal with sulking Bam Bam right now.

“Anyway hyung, do you have any direction we should go when we’re arrived at Seoul? You know I can’t speak the language.” Bam Bam suddenly seriously worried asking me.

I sighed as I looked at him, “Honestly I have no direction at all. Seoul is the first place came to my mind; probably because I’ve always wanted to visit my mother hometown, you know.” I said truthfully to the younger.

That’s true though. Honestly, I’ve always wanted to visit my mother hometown since I’ve learnt about it. My mother used to tell me a lot about her birth country; she used to tell me everything about her life before she immigrated to America. She even promised me to take me to Seoul one day, but unfortunately she never fulfilled it because she died of cancer when I was only 14 years old.

I snapped out of own thought when I felt the tug on my sleeve. I turned to look at my brother who was looking straight at me. I sighed as I smiled at him. “You were saying something?”

“I’ll follow wherever you wanted to go; you’re my only family I have right now. Promise me, you won’t leave me?” Bam Bam looked at me with his seriously hopeful eyes.

I smiled at the younger as I rested my arm around his shoulders, “Stupid! Of course I won’t leave you ever. You’re my younger brother and the only family I have right now. We’ll be together until we reunite back with our parents, I promise you that.”

I smiled seeing the younger who seemed sighed in relief and happy hearing what I said to him.

 

Although I’m not fluent but at least I understand and speak a little of Korean language; thanks for my mom who taught me before. Just as we stepped out of the airport, Bam Bam protested about his hungry stomach as I decided for us to have something to eat.

“What should we do after this, Mark?” I heard Bam Bam asked me.

“We need to find somewhere to stay, Bam.” I replied the younger in between munching my food.

“If we’re really going to stay here, I need to study the language, that’s for sure.” Bam Bam said to me.

I nodded my head, agreed with him. “Yeah, we both need to study the language. But what important right now, we need to look for room rent to stay.” As I finished my meal, I decided to do some researching about available room for rent. “Bam, since you’re still in high school, you need to continue your study no matter what. Luckily, we brought our education documents with us though.”

“But Mark, American education and Korean are different. Besides, don’t you forgotten? I can’t speak Korean.” Bam Bam protested.

“And have you forgotten? In Korea has International school as well, Bam. Just because we move country doesn’t mean your education has to be stopped as well.” I glared at my younger brother.

“Then what about you? Are you going to apply for university?” Bam Bam asked me.

I sighed as I looked at the younger. “I think I’ll find myself a job. You know the money

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter