Chapter 03

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JAEBUM POV

Upon arriving home, I helped take out the suitcases from the car trunk as Mark carried his brother on his back out of the car. I led the two foreigner brothers towards my apartment. Once I unlocked the door, the first thing I heard was the loud voice of Jackson who seemed running after the poor Youngjae.

“Ah hyung, you’re back!” I heard Jinyoung greeted me before his eyes landed on the two suitcases on my hand. “What’s with the suitcases?”

“We have new housemates.” I informed Jinyoung before I led Mark to put his brother on the couch. And that’s when the others realized of the presence of the two newcomers in the house. “Guys! Please meet our new housemates, Mark and Bam Bam.”

“Hello! I’m Mark and this is my little brother Bam Bam. We’re from L.A California.” Mark introduced himself.

“Wow! America!” Yugyeom stated out, impressed. “I’ve always wanted to go America.”

“We have another two foreigners in the house!” this time, it’s Youngjae who said out.

“Hey, I can speak English too! My name is Jackson. I am from China, Hong Kong.” I heard Jackson piped out in English. The two brothers seemed surprised yet relief that at least one of us can speak their language.

“It’s so great you speak English. I can’t speak Korean at all. I thought I will only have Mark to speak with.” I heard Bam Bam spoke up excitingly. It’s weird though, why do I feel like Bam Bam is saying English in weird accent; unlike when Mark spoke to Bam Bam before? Aren’t both of them American?

“Yes, you can always find me if you need any help.” Jackson replied as he jumped to sit beside Bam Bam. “Honestly, I’ve been to New York once, but that’s all. I’ve always wanted to visit L.A though. Can you tell how L.A looks like? Is it the same as New York?”

Hearing the nonstop talking Jackson, I just ignored the two conversations in English as I turned to Mark. “Mark, let me introduce you, this is Park Jinyoung.” I introduced Jinyoung who smiled at Mark warmly.

“Hey there! You can just call me Jinyoung or... wait, how old are you, may I ask?” Jinyoung asked Mark.

Mark smiled as he replied, “I am 21.”

“You’re 21?” I asked out of surprised. Mark is 21 years old, the same age as me? But, but he clearly doesn’t look like that old. I’ve thought that he’s the same age as Youngjae in the first place.

“Yeah. I was born in Sept 1993. How about you?” Mark asked me back.

“I’m younger than you by few months. But we’re friends though.” I answered him before I asked. “You don’t mind me calling you by name, right?”

Mark just nodded his head, “I don’t mind. Why should I mind?” He seemed a bit confused. And that’s when I just realized that he’s from America and don’t know about the formalities calling in Korea. I sighed as I tried to explain to him about it.

“That’s alright. I’m not Korean, I don’t really mind about formalities.” He smiled before he turned to Jinyoung. “What about you? You’re younger than me too?”

Jinyoung smiled back as he replied, “Yeah. I’m younger by one year than you, so I’ll call you Mark hyung from now on. In fact, you’re the oldest one in the house from now on.”

I saw Mark seemed surprised at the news before he shrugged it off as he turned to look at Yugyeom. “I am Kim Yugyeom, I am the youngest in the house. How old is your brother?” Yugyeom asked Mark.

“He’s 17 now. You?” Mark asked back.

Yugyeom seemed a bit disappointed as he pouted, “I’m turning 17 this November.”

“You are still the maknae, Yugyeom-ah.” Jinyoung laughed as he pinched the youngest cheek.

“And I am Youngjae.” Youngjae smiled warmly at Mark as well.

“And me too! Me! Jackson Wang!!!” Jackson suddenly stepped inside the conversation excitingly; leaving us rolled our eyes at the latter.

 

MARK POV

Once I settled down in our room, I looked at Bam Bam who has already asleep on the bed while I unpacked our stuff. I heard the knock on the door when I was done with my unpacking. I hurriedly opened the door to reveal Jinyoung smiling at me.

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter