Chapter 19

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

MARK POV

I sighed I walked inside the hospital room where Yugyeon was staying for the night. Jaebum and I suggested for the younger to just stay a night hospital so we won’t get too worried for him. At first, the youngest rejected but with 6 of us kept persuading him, he finally caved in.

Since Jaebum had driven the others back home, it’s only left me who decided to accompany the youngest in the hospital for the night.

“You should just go back home with them hyung. I’m fine alone here.” I heard Yugyeom said to me once I closed the door to the hospital room.

I smiled at the youngest as I approached to him. “I’d rather keep you company.” I took the seat on the chair beside the bed. “You should rest.”

“I’m sorry for dragging Bam Bam into my problem. He got hurt because of me. I’m really sorry, hyung.” I heard the youngest apologized to me.

I sighed as I replied him, “It’s not your fault. I know my brother; he’s not the type of not helping friend in need. He’s just that kind hearted boy.”

“Still, it’s because of sticking with me, he got hurt. When we were waiting for you all in the station, he was trembling beside me; he was scared of you being angry at him.” Yugyeom said to me. “Don’t be mad at him, hyung. If you want to be mad, just take it out on me.”

Again, I sighed, “I’m not mad at anyone, Yugyeom. Don’t worry.” I smiled at the youngest to assure him that I’m not blaming him; I’m not mad at him. “You must have been tired. Sleep, ok?” I said softly to the youngest who just nodded his head.

Once I was sure that the youngest was tucked inside the blanket, I walked over to the longest couch to lie myself on it. I grabbed the extra blanket before I made myself comfortable on the couch.

“Mark hyung...”

Then I heard the soft voice of Yugyeom calling my name.

“Yeah...?” I replied him softly.

“Thank you for staying the night with me.” I heard the sincere thankful voice from the youngest.

“Don’t mention it. You’re my dongsaeng too after all.”

Just as I finished my words, I heard a faint of sobs coming from the bed. Instantly, I jumped out of the couch and approached the youngest whose back was towards me and I can clearly see the shaking back of the youngest.

“Yugyeommie?”

 

YUGYEOM POV

“Yugyeommie?” I heard the soft voice calling from behind me. I know my sobs had probably alerted the oldest as I heard he shuffled towards the bed I was lying on. I cursed myself for being stupid but I couldn’t stop the tears that just suddenly streamed down my face. I was too touched at Mark hyung words.

You’re my dongsaeng too after all...

His one simple question kept repeating in my mind. Such a simple sentence but it means a lot, a lot to me. Why Mark hyung is good towards me? I have already caused his younger brother in my problem and got him hurt which I kept blaming myself about, and Mark hyung just easily forgives me, not even blaming me but taking care of me instead.

I wish I can have a hyung like Mark hyung. Bam Bam is damn lucky to have Mark hyung.

I know it’s bad but I can’t help to compare Mark hyung to my own biological brother who has done nothing but to bully me and hate my existence since I’ve been born. Why can’t my biological hyung have half of Mark hyung has?

“Gyeommie...”

Mark hyung soft voice snapped me out of my thought as I can feel his hand rubbing my back. “Are you hurting somewhere? You want me to call the nurse for you?”

To his worried question, I just shook my head as I tried to calm down from my tears before I turned around to meet a pair of super worried eyes at me. “I’m fine. I just... I jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter